Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 282x in 246 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    I've already been thru the Von Daniken and all that other stuff out of college. I've grown out of it.

I am surprised nobody has shown the evidence undermining Von Daniken's thesis .
    Simply searching the Wiki write up is enough .
    This guy omitted things which harmed his hypothesis , invented "facts" , invented " artefacts" and generally emerges as untrustworthy and a con artist .
    The very reasons he was gaoled for , before he had his Book fame

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we are aware of what VD was accused of. But he is just one of those into the Ancient Astronaut theory. Especially now when there are others of MS science that are part of them too.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Carygrant's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yes we are aware of what VD was accused of. But he is just one of those into the Ancient Astronaut theory. Especially now when there are others of MS science that are part of them too.

I am not averse to the general proposition , though it is a matter which I suspect can never be unequivocally proved . Unless a few pop back to evaluate and make some more brain changes .And announce themselves .
    Soul narratives talk of many other inhabited planets and opportunities for "Earth souls " to learn further lessons in them . However , I don't think I have heard mention of another inhabited world which is more technologically advanced .
    Not that most people will be interested in that . But , if true , that is at odds with another vastly better developed etc race visiting us .
    Besides, I don't think the laws of existence allow for tampering .

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,538x in 94,396 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that much of the criticism against VD was misplaced. His book Chariot of the Gods after all had a ? in the title. And he has written many other books where he has refined his theories.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carygrant View Post
    I am not averse to the general proposition , though it is a matter which I suspect can never be unequivocally proved . Unless a few pop back to evaluate and make some more brain changes .And announce themselves .
    Soul narratives talk of many other inhabited planets and opportunities for "Earth souls " to learn further lessons in them . However , I don't think I have heard mention of another inhabited world which is more technologically advanced .
    Not that most people will be interested in that . But , if true , that is at odds with another vastly better developed etc race visiting us .
    Besides, I don't think the laws of existence allow for tampering .
    Perhaps.....yet more and more MainStream Sciences are coming over to bridge that Gap. We have technologies and the building methods that just do not correlate with their times. We now have a few sites that we know predate anything coming out of the ME. We have known all along about the 200 towns and or villages sitting under the ME but were not able to get to. Now more discovered under the Indian Ocean.

Moreover there are way to many Holy Writings, engravings, depictions which all point and say that there those.....that were not of this World.
    I am glad you are open to the the Theory.

I figured I would start the thread back up from here. On the episode of Angels and Aliens. We already know about the technologies which can be brought up at whatever coordinated time period. The Building of structures and when they came about.

So now lets looks at what Religions and their Holy Writings say. Or those that Depicted their Winged Guardians etched in stone for all time. Civilizations from all over the planet. Are talking about those that are not from this world. Naturally in todays age we call them ET's, some today say Angels. Yet are they Angels?

Or do we have people trying to describe things at a time when depiction was basically passed on by word of mouth and or left behind in stone with drawings and engravings.

Again we know the Sumerians and East Indians were the first to write. So why do you think all that they said was being dismissed by those that were creating their man-made religion. If it was the Sumerians who taught Enoch how to write and then he takes back what is learned to the Semites.

So lets us look at what is said about Angels and take it from there.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is incredibly interesting to look at the whole of the Dead Sea Scrolls as a body of work rather than just Enoch -- interesting though that is .
    The exact meaning of the word , Angel , is complex .
    It is generally accepted that the term is best translated as , Messenger , or , Intermediary , but not with any indication of "other world "involvement . It appears that such people were members of the tribe of Levi , who then were the only people allowed to act as Preachers , or Seers .
    I am not aware of any mention of anything in the Dead Sea Scrolls that could sensibly refer to beings from another world .

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is incredibly interesting to look at the whole of the Dead Sea Scrolls as a body of work rather than just Enoch -- interesting though that is .
    It is generally accepted that the term is best translated as , Messenger , or , Intermediary , but not with any indication of "other world "involvement . It appears that such people were members of the tribe of Levi , who then were the only people allowed to act as Preachers , or Seers .
    I am not aware of any mention of anything in the Dead Sea Scrolls that could sensibly refer to beings from another world .
    What link do you have to read the dead sea scrolls in the Queen's English?

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nor would they. If one goes back to the time of Enoch as opposed to the Dead Sea Scrolls. You are correct on the terminology with Angels. Yet evidently these Angels had abilities that mankind did not. Moreover we know that they could be classified as Gods by those from back then. Again something different than man.

Most Identify Angels with the Judeo/Christian/Islamic Religions. But they are depicted in every civilization. In fact Considered Divine. The messnegers were alleged to act as intermediary between God or Gods and man. But are they Angels or ET's. it is clear that whatever civilization is talking about something that is not of this world.

The Sumerian Codex is older than the writings of Enoch and older than the Dead Sea Scrolls. According to their writings they state we were created as a Slave Race. Made in the image and likeness of God. The Judeo Christian and Islamic religions have the same beginning. Let us make man in our Image. So when thinking of ET's we should be thinking of those and us that are the same make up.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-07-2012)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    What link do you have to read the dead sea scrolls in the Queen's English?

None .
    But I have books by Barbara Thiering and if you check her out , you will find the effort most worthwhile . She is an academic and scholar and has worked in this area for at least 30 years.
    I have researched the Jesus story for even longer than that and I was led to these findings in a slow , determined fashion ever since I realised how much Paul took over early Western Christianity and set an underlying narrative largely of his own invention .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Carygrant For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-08-2012)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I have heard that about Paul as well.

+ Reply to Thread