Members banned from this thread: Mainecoons, Philly Rabbit, Chloe, nic34 and Common Sense

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feminists Are Calling For More Sissyfication Of The Men Again.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    PolWatch's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 25,148x in 15,266 Posts
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monday morning quarterbacks always know the right call (that they would have made--if there), but how do they play Monday morning PhD?

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 1,068
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Chloe's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,024x in 5,736 Posts
    Mentioned
    1453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Man was created first.....and then had to give up an entire rib! I mean......a toenail perhaps...that has the same DNA. Why not a cut of hair, a scrape of outer skin? Why an entire rib? I'm gonna ask God when I get there, maybe he can enlighten me.
    To me it just shows that we as women are able to do far more with less given to us from the start, and that starting second doesn't mean you can't or won't end up in first.
    Alaska Born ~ Oregon Grown

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,096
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,104x in 10,786 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    To me it just shows that we as women are able to do far more with less given to us from the start, and that starting second doesn't mean you can't or won't end up in first.
    I was including women's sports in my point, Chloe. Sports and teamwork not only great lessons learned from in both high school and college.....but the sports enthusiast can often offer a university or school as much if not more than someone who can write a great essay. You seem to resent jocks in the school there on scholarship or something, that's all up to you.....but be informed, they sacrifice, put their school logo on their sleeve and represent the university..while making it money. They have great affect and influence on recruitment to the school, your opinion here in my view limited and quite dark.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Mainecoons (09-17-2014)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,769
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mainecoons's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,437x in 4,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly, I think the male student athletes who carry the entire program financially and make possible most of the sports programs for everyone else get a raw deal. They should be paid an allowance along with the scholarships. It is obscene to pay coaches millions while the players scrounge for spending money.
    “Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian.”. Henry Ford

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mainecoons For This Useful Post:

Codename Section (09-17-2014),nathanbforrest45 (09-17-2014)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
    Frankly, I think the male student athletes who carry the entire program financially and make possible most of the sports programs for everyone else get a raw deal. They should be paid an allowance along with the scholarships. It is obscene to pay coaches millions while the players scrounge for spending money.
    The whole university industry is corrupt from athletics to academics.

Our education system is broken at all levels.
    my junk is ugly

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Green Arrow (09-17-2014),Mainecoons (09-17-2014)

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    PolWatch's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 25,148x in 15,266 Posts
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are so many corners on that issue! In case no one noticed, college football is really big in our area (?). There are regular scandals of players who can barely read or write when they graduate, cars, $$$ given to player's families (!) by the alumnae associations, coaches being paid huge salaries, professional grade stadiums, etc. The players are used to make $$$ for the schools & they don't always end up with those big $$$ NFL contracts and too little education to make a living any other way.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,769
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mainecoons's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,437x in 4,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    The whole university industry is corrupt from athletics to academics.

Our education system is broken at all levels.
    That too. What they mainly produce these days is equivalent to a high school diploma when I graduated.
    “Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian.”. Henry Ford

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mainecoons For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (09-17-2014)

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 1,068
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Chloe's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,024x in 5,736 Posts
    Mentioned
    1453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I was including women's sports in my point, Chloe. Sports and teamwork not only great lessons learned from in both high school and college.....but the sports enthusiast can often offer a university or school as much if not more than someone who can write a great essay. You seem to resent jocks in the school there on scholarship or something, that's all up to you.....but be informed, they sacrifice, put their school logo on their sleeve and represent the university..while making it money. They have great affect and influence on recruitment to the school, your opinion here in my view limited and quite dark.
    Youre changing the debate. Phillyrabbit is upset that the majority of college students are now women. He thinks that it's the fault of feminists and that white European males are suffering because of it. The fact that a university gets money from sports is a different topic. My point to him is that if he wants more men in college then perhaps they should do more to compete with the women that are surpassing them in the admissions office. If carrying a football does the trick then so be it, but that's not what college should be about from a student perspective.

Also I'm not against sports or athletes, but I won't put an athlete that abuses his wife or child above my personable ethics or above a school or team as a whole.
    Last edited by Chloe; 09-17-2014 at 11:35 AM.
    Alaska Born ~ Oregon Grown

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Polecat's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,009x in 2,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed sports until I got into junior high school. The focus shifted from the game to winning. From fun to obligation. Academics presents the same kind of hurdle. This is unfortunate because great minds don't always have the drive to claw there way through the hoops just to get a chance.
    My beliefs are a distillation of what I was taught as a child and what I observe as an adult.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,096
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,104x in 10,786 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    Youre changing the debate. Phillyrabbit is upset that the majority of college students are now women. He thinks that it's the fault of feminists and that white European males are suffering because of it. The fact that a university gets money from sports is a different topic. My point to him is that if he wants more men in college then perhaps they should do more to compete with the women that are surpassing them in the admissions office. If carrying a football does the trick then so be it, but that's not what college should be about from a student perspective.
    Then I stand corrected. That wasn't how I was reading it. I happen to agree with you then. It is men's fault. We've no one to blame but ourselves. And good for women. Women do do more often go to college now. Makes me wonder why all the attention by liberals continues to be women, I'm hearing 'yes means yes' bull$#@! and just more female focused attention. It's crystal clear who is in crisis in this country. It is men. We dominate prison populations. We dominate crime stats. We dominate not taking care of children we've produced. We're not looking to our families, children, or country. I'm with you there, no one to blame but men themselves. Having said that....there is a mentality today that women don't need men. That they can raise a family by themselves. That a man in the household..simply isn't necessary. And I believe the focus on girls and women in this country where appropriate at times...has also left men out of the equations. As a result, I believe our boys now...are in crisis. They score much lower on tests, we have serious behavioral and drug problems, our academics....are in the toilet Chloe.

Also I'm not against sports or athletes, but I won't put an athlete that abuses his wife or child above my personable ethics or above a school or team as a whole.
    Oh...reckon it was your turn to 'change the debate?' No one said anything about putting abusive athletes above personal ethics or school either. Your turn to stand corrected.

+ Reply to Thread