User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing to see here folks, just White People Rioting

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesYour first GroupTagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Refugee's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,259x in 1,583 Posts
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No deaths, no looting? Call that a riot? Meanwhile, down in Detroit . . .

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,354
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,721x in 4,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been a very enlightening thread. For example, I've learned that there are at least four racists on this thread. Okay, three of them I could have predicted would be, but I also learned of an additional one whom I've been, as it turns out, wrongly defending against this very allegation for months now.

The OP, minus the rhetoric, makes a highly valid point about double-standards in the way events are covered. This was, in fact, a riot, as it saw a large amount of property damage caused by a crowd of people. That's called a riot. CNN refused to call it what it was because it's owned, and mostly viewed, by white people. Also exposed here (yet again) is the injustice of the criminal justice system. The participants would never have gotten a mere slap on the wrist if they were oh say black (as in Ferguson)! This really is an offensive development that SHOULD AND IS sparking more national conversation on the subject of race relations in this country. The fact that three of you have just excused these actions, though you never would if the participants were black, speaks volumes about what you stand for. (You know who you are and you know what I mean.)

On a more secondary note though, yes the term "cracker", when applied to white people collectively (which WAS the intent here) is a term that would be considered a racial slur by the majority. The term originated from the days of slavery, wherein the fields overseers and other enforcers of the slave system were described by slaves as "crackers" because they "cracked the whip" on the oppressed. Accordingly, the term can be an appropriate description of racism or oppression more generally if used to describe the likes of police officers or security guards, as in to assail the yes clear-cut racial bias of the American criminal justice system. However, when used to describe white people collectively, the term then implicitly includes, for example, me, and yes I find it both insulting and unfair to be described as the logical equivalent of a fields overseer, I'm afraid...though I can understand how racism can be a contagious thing. (And no, PolWatch, I'm pretty sure Cigar's use of the term in the OP wasn't meant as a compliment.)
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 10-20-2014 at 06:31 AM.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    This has been a very enlightening thread. For example, I've learned that there are at least four racists on this thread. Okay, three of them I could have predicted would be, but I also learned of an additional one whom I've been, as it turns out, wrongly defending against this very allegation for months now.

The OP, minus the rhetoric, makes a highly valid point about double-standards in the way events are covered. This was, in fact, a riot, as it saw a large amount of property damage caused by a crowd of people. That's called a riot. CNN refused to call it what it was because it's owned, and mostly viewed, by white people. Also exposed here (yet again) is the injustice of the criminal justice system. The participants would never have gotten a mere slap on the wrist if they were oh say black (as in Ferguson)! This really is an offensive development that SHOULD AND IS sparking more national conversation on the subject of race relations in this country. The fact that three of you have just excused these actions, though you never would if the participants were black, speaks volumes about what you stand for. (You know who you are and you know what I mean.)

On a more secondary note though, yes the term "cracker", when applied to white people collectively (which WAS the intent here) is a term that would be considered a racial slur by the majority. The term originated from the days of slavery, wherein the fields overseers and other enforcers of the slave system were described by slaves as "crackers" because they "cracked the whip" on the oppressed. Accordingly, the term can be an appropriate description of racism or oppression more generally if used to describe the likes of police officers or security guards, as in to assail the yes clear-cut racial bias of the American criminal justice system. However, when used to describe white people collectively, the term then implicitly includes, for example, me, and yes I find it both insulting and unfair to be described as the logical equivalent of a fields overseer, I'm afraid...though I can understand how racism can be a contagious thing. (And no, PolWatch, I'm pretty sure Cigar's use of the term in the OP wasn't meant as a compliment.)
    First, these aren't race riots, they're dumb college kid riots. That $#@! happens and it's not exclusive to any single race.

Second, this thread is nothing more than a race bait thread. For the OP to post this as if it were a white race riot is $#@!ing ridiculous. I see more and more now what @Mainecoons is saying. For the OP to not touch black riots (which are true race riots), for him to keep a $#@!ing barge pole distance from that stuff then dig this $#@! up and post it as a race riot is flat out race baiting, in bad faith and the fact that it's tolerated says a few things.

We pushed out white posters for doing the same thing - constant race baiting but we allow it for black posters.

Yes Polly, there is a double standard.
    my junk is ugly

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,652
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    del's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,872x in 12,227 Posts
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    First, these aren't race riots, they're dumb college kid riots. That $#@! happens and it's not exclusive to any single race.

Second, this thread is nothing more than a race bait thread. For the OP to post this as if it were a white race riot is $#@!ing ridiculous. I see more and more now what @Mainecoons is saying. For the OP to not touch black riots (which are true race riots), for him to keep a $#@!ing barge pole distance from that stuff then dig this $#@! up and post it as a race riot is flat out race baiting, in bad faith and the fact that it's tolerated says a few things.

We pushed out white posters for doing the same thing - constant race baiting but we allow it for black posters.

Yes Polly, there is a double standard.
    whiny white people crack me up

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to del For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (10-20-2014),silvereyes (10-21-2014)

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    PolWatch's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 25,148x in 15,266 Posts
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no illusion that everyone who uses the term 'cracker' even knows what it means...or where/when it was first used. I think of it as a badge of honor...but I would not call anyone without the same heritage a cracker....guess I count as being weird that way...

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,009
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,124x in 11,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PolWatch View Post
    I have no illusion that everyone who uses the term 'cracker' even knows what it means...or where/when it was first used. I think of it as a badge of honor...but I would not call anyone without the same heritage a cracker....guess I count as being weird that way...
    You're weird, cracky...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Common Sense For This Useful Post:

PolWatch (10-20-2014)

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    PolWatch's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 25,148x in 15,266 Posts
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeap...and I wear my weirdness proudly!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PolWatch For This Useful Post:

silvereyes (10-21-2014)

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesYour first GroupTagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Refugee's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,259x in 1,583 Posts
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spot the racist? Some say that western society is structurally racist, which makes everyone a racist?
    The difference between this riot and racially motivated riots are that the infamous ‘Pumpkin’ riot was a hooliganism free for all. Open to all, no discrimination, come and have a good punch up with the police.

The ‘Pumpkin’ brigade weren’t Anarchists smashing up banks and trying to loot ATM’s in a political bid to destroy the capitalist system, there were no taunts of destroying the western world and creating a Muslim empire . . . there was no mention of politics and that’s what made it so odd, it was a ‘happening’, the kind of congregation advertised on places like Facebook where the young gather and have a good smash up.

Rather than racist, it was a reflection of today’s society. What we saw in Ferguson was a result of liberals trying to create a multi-racial society and what we see with the Pumpkin mob was a by-product of liberalism. When people start to take colour out of the equation, they’ll see all this a result of social engineering policies.

Comments from the op:
    “People just got too drunk.” - “It’s just like a rush. You’re revolting from the cops,” - “wicked” - “It’s a blast to do things that you’re not supposed to do.”
    As Usual, Cigar concentrates on race, when really it’s culture and he just doesn’t get it, as don’t our communist friends. You know, I really believe that progressive liberal policies create the mess we see around us and give the people in charge more power to carry on its destruction. 'Blame racism' is not the answer, it’s the cause. Not only in the U.S. but across the western world, show me progressivism and I’ll show you a society at war with itself.
    By creating division and diversity, the supposedly anti-racists are perhaps the biggest cause of what is now happening in our society.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,009
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,124x in 11,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refugee View Post
    Spot the racist? Some say that western society is structurally racist, which makes everyone a racist?
    The difference between this riot and racially motivated riots are that the infamous ‘Pumpkin’ riot was a hooliganism free for all. Open to all, no discrimination, come and have a good punch up with the police.

The ‘Pumpkin’ brigade weren’t Anarchists smashing up banks and trying to loot ATM’s in a political bid to destroy the capitalist system, there were no taunts of destroying the western world and creating a Muslim empire . . . there was no mention of politics and that’s what made it so odd, it was a ‘happening’, the kind of congregation advertised on places like Facebook where the young gather and have a good smash up.

Rather than racist, it was a reflection of today’s society. What we saw in Ferguson was a result of liberals trying to create a multi-racial society and what we see with the Pumpkin mob was a by-product of liberalism. When people start to take colour out of the equation, they’ll see all this a result of social engineering policies.

Comments from the op:
    “People just got too drunk.” - “It’s just like a rush. You’re revolting from the cops,” - “wicked” - “It’s a blast to do things that you’re not supposed to do.”
    As Usual, Cigar concentrates on race, when really it’s culture and he just doesn’t get it, as don’t our communist friends. You know, I really believe that progressive liberal policies create the mess we see around us and give the people in charge more power to carry on its destruction. 'Blame racism' is not the answer, it’s the cause. Not only in the U.S. but across the western world, show me progressivism and I’ll show you a society at war with itself.
    By creating division and diversity, the supposedly anti-racists are perhaps the biggest cause of what is now happening in our society.

The only people I've ever witnessed smashing windows of banks were white kids...punk ass anarchist black block idiots.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Animal Mother's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,471x in 1,621 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care about being called a cracker. I think white people who complain about it are as dumb if not dumber than blacks who complain about $#@!. Yes the people saying the word are probably racists, but so the $#@! what? It's a word. Unless you respect the opinion of someone the words that flow out of their mouth mean absolutely nothing.

Thank you US Marine Corps for relieving me of the burden of giving $#@!s about name calling.

This whole "words have power" is bull$#@!. People have power and use words. People in the US and white liberal countries would HATE IT if there were no more racists to make themselves feel better about themselves. Racists let you feel superior. Racists give you that buzz of righteous anger. Racists let you feel smug.

Liberals LIVE for the KKK and Neo Nazis and if the State of Mississippi didn't exist they would have to invent it. Republicans are the same, they get excited every time someone says "Happy Holidays" because then they get to be stereotyped, too. It's the one time of the year they get to complain about something like this.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Animal Mother For This Useful Post:

PolWatch (10-20-2014),silvereyes (10-21-2014)

+ Reply to Thread