Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
Frankly, I think Hillary will simply be too old in 2016, like many of us.

No, I expect them to field a Hispanic leftist this time. If the country lasts that long. The "new demographic" are primarily made up of takers and the check writers are starting to vote with their feet and pocketbooks. Look for a big return to recession (actually we never left if you look at the real numbers and not the cooked ones). Look for the debt to simply become unmanageable.

You can also look for a massive breakdown in Medicare as the doctors simply refuse to take elderly patients without supplemental insurance that covers the difference between the unacceptable compensation rates caused by the three quarters trillion ObamaCare theft from the program.

Republicans need to get smart now and give the left enough rope to hang themselves. Just as they are doing in France. It will be the early example of where progressivism has to end up. The best thing they could do would be to simply go home and hand the keys of the House of Reps over to the Dems.

The public, particularly women and minorities, need to learn some lessons the hard way.
Agreed.

And... AND - conservatives (the GOP) cannot make the mistake of compromise. For one thing, if/when the $#@! hits the fan, they cannot be part of that problem. Second, someone has to represent a platform that will be in position to fix the mess, and a mess there will be.

Having said that, I think the GOP is more concerned with party survival in the short run and will put themselves in a position of compromise.

Which is why I changed parties recently.