Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    The government would not operate the facilities. It would set rates. The idea is that we stop lavishing riches on insurance executives, medical equipment tycoons, pharmaceutical moguls. AND hospital administrators.

And by setting rates you would drive the best doctors either out of the field completely or they would become concierge doctors. I have heard more than one medical student say they were switching to veterinary medicine because they could make more money and the risk of lawsuits were much less.

Have a program for the least among us and leave the rest of us alone. We are not children and are more than capable of making our own decisions regarding our health care. Holy ship, you would think Americans are the sickest people on the planet the way you all carry on about health care.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    PolWatch's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 25,148x in 15,266 Posts
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we do beat Slovenia

http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html
    The World Health Organization's ranking
    of the world's health systems.
    • The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems was last produced in 2000, and the WHO no longer produces such a ranking table, because of the complexity of the task. Rank Country 1 France 2 Italy 3 San Marino 4 Andorra 5 Malta 6 Singapore 7 Spain 8 Oman 9 Austria 10 Japan 11 Norway 12 Portugal 13 Monaco 14 Greece 15 Iceland 16 Luxembourg 17 Netherlands 18 United Kingdom 19 Ireland 20 Switzerland 21 Belgium 22 Colombia 23 Sweden 24 Cyprus 25 Germany 26 Saudi Arabia 27 United Arab Emirates 28 Israel 29 Morocco 30 Canada 31 Finland 32 Australia 33 Chile 34 Denmark 35 Dominica 36 Costa Rica 37 United States of America 38 Slovenia
    Last edited by PolWatch; 11-06-2014 at 02:27 PM. Reason: t

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Polecat's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,009x in 2,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    And by setting rates you would drive the best doctors either out of the field completely or they would become concierge doctors. I have heard more than one medical student say they were switching to veterinary medicine because they could make more money and the risk of lawsuits were much less.

Have a program for the least among us and leave the rest of us alone. We are not children and are more than capable of making our own decisions regarding our health care. Holy ship, you would think Americans are the sickest people on the planet the way you all carry on about health care.
    Under my system the doctors would get more than they do currently. The competent ones anyway. The ones that would get screwed are the CEOs making several million a year selling a device which they produce for $10 a unit and sell for $750. The hospitals that charge $30k for 6 hours in a operating room would be getting their come up'ns too. And I know many vets and they don't make anywhere near what a MD can. The highest paid person in a nursing home should be the person that removes the feces from grandmas bottom and not the fashion horse that sits behind a desk all day playing big shot.
    My beliefs are a distillation of what I was taught as a child and what I observe as an adult.

+ Reply to Thread