Thanks Given
    Thanked 44x in 36 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    I am known to speak my mind and do so.
    I have that issue too and I love speaking my mind.

In James he says states that Christians must not swear by an oath and most if not all secret societies or Fraternity requires members to take an oath.
    My oaths are to God and to keep my word, I see nothing wrong with giving my word to God.

I don't sway or bend on this, if it be a Church building or whatever I WILL NOT take an oath to secrecy. To each his or her own.
    There is nothing wrong with secrecy. Everyone enjoys some levels of secrecy...or rather privacy.
    WM/PM (AF&AM) - GM1V (RAM) - TIM (R&SM) - EC-elect (KT) - S.'. (YRSCNA) - AP (OES) - 32° (AASR) - F (GCR) - KC (RCC) - ABG (JDI)

Traveling Templar blog - 11NOV2012

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    birddog's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,347x in 1,083 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, I would remind everyone that Freemasonry is a Fraternity, not a Religion. It is a fraternity that may use religious terms and beliefs as other fraternities do.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to birddog For This Useful Post:

KSigMason (06-21-2012)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have went to a First degree tonight in a town south, but I have a nasty cold. I hope to be much better tomorrow as we have a First at our Lodge, and I will be expected to be in the West.

I'm 65 with a bad heart, and when I get a cold, it knocks me on my gluteus for a couple of days. Oh well, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going!

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    KSigMason's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44x in 36 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get well Brother. I just got back from a visit to Royal Arch Chapter in S. Idaho to watch them confer the Most Excellent Master degree. Tomorrow I'm going over to Oregon to visit a Commandery who is being visited by their Grand Commander. Thankfully I don't have to drive.
    WM/PM (AF&AM) - GM1V (RAM) - TIM (R&SM) - EC-elect (KT) - S.'. (YRSCNA) - AP (OES) - 32° (AASR) - F (GCR) - KC (RCC) - ABG (JDI)

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Carygrant's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 282x in 246 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conley View Post
    I probably know some and don't even realize it. I think they're harmless and many probably do a lot for the community.

We had a guy sign up here the other day who is one, if he comes back you guys could ask him about it:
    As he purports to come from the "City of Trees" . I assume he is from Sacramento .
    Here in the UK , you would never admit publicly to being a Mason for I believe doing so is an internally punishable offence .
    Both my father and grandfather were freemasons but I turned down the opportunity to become a member for personal reasons .
    The vast bulk of UK lodges are essentially decent God fearing local social centres where an enormous number of people are helped -- almost always in secrecy .Of course there is member to member help and assistance . But so what?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSigMason View Post
    Get well Brother. I just got back from a visit to Royal Arch Chapter in S. Idaho to watch them confer the Most Excellent Master degree. Tomorrow I'm going over to Oregon to visit a Commandery who is being visited by their Grand Commander. Thankfully I don't have to drive.
    I have my Royal Arch Chapter meeting tomorrow night. It's a small Chapter, but we meet every month, and have a dinner with our ladies 2-3 times a year. We start our new year. After serving as Scribe, I will now serve as King.

I'm feeling better this morning, but not well. Hopefully by this evening, I can participate in our First Degree.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to birddog For This Useful Post:

KSigMason (06-26-2012)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    I have my Royal Arch Chapter meeting tomorrow night. It's a small Chapter, but we meet every month, and have a dinner with our ladies 2-3 times a year. We start our new year. After serving as Scribe, I will now serve as King.

I'm feeling better this morning, but not well. Hopefully by this evening, I can participate in our First Degree.
    I hope your health returns quickly my Brother.

Right now I only have time for Blue Lodge, however upon my impending retirement (3 years) I plan on joining the Commandery, which is something I've contemplated over the past few years. I just stepped down after serving as Master for for past 6 years and will now look forward to sitting on the sidelines as a PM as the younger Brothers move through the chairs.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

KSigMason (06-26-2012)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    I hope your health returns quickly my Brother.

Right now I only have time for Blue Lodge, however upon my impending retirement (3 years) I plan on joining the Commandery, which is something I've contemplated over the past few years. I just stepped down after serving as Master for for past 6 years and will now look forward to sitting on the sidelines as a PM as the younger Brothers move through the chairs.
    I also concentrate on The Blue Lodge.

I'm an oddball in more ways than one. I did my First Degree in 1976, then I did my Second and Third thirty-three years later. I have been a MM for a bit over three years. I'm now SW, and will be Master in January. Several of us frequently help out with degree work in a 50 mile radius which makes it easier to learn the work plus we get to meet and interact with a greater number of brothers.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    KSigMason's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44x in 36 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carygrant View Post
    As he purports to come from the "City of Trees" . I assume he is from Sacramento .
    No, I'm from Boise, ID. Boise comes from "les bois" which is French for "the trees".

Quote Originally Posted by Carygrant View Post
    Here in the UK , you would never admit publicly to being a Mason for I believe doing so is an internally punishable offence .
    So the UGLE would expel someone for publicly saying they are a Mason or would the civil authority punish someone? I find that weird as they have a website that lists its Grand Officers...the most prominent is the Duke of Kent.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Carygrant's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 282x in 246 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSigMason View Post
    No, I'm from Boise, ID. Boise comes from "les bois" which is French for "the trees".

So the UGLE would expel someone for publicly saying they are a Mason or would the civil authority punish someone? I find that weird as they have a website that lists its Grand Officers...the most prominent is the Duke of Kent.

It is academic , but Les Bois is a small village in one of the Swiss cantons . Or , in French , bois , means wood . I trust that you are not the original ," Wooden Tops "!!
    The trees in French is , Les Arbres . And as mentioned , the city of trees is otherwise known to refer to Sacramento .

I confirm that there would be internal punishment in an "ordinary" lodge for breaking an oath . I did not say or hint of expulsion .
    Not being an expert or member myself , I cannot sensibly comment on Grand Officer's identities being available .But a distinction between top line information about them and bread and butter members , is not difficult to imagine . And whilst I am sure that the Duke of Kent would confirm his position , I doubt that he would elaborate or volunteer detail information .

+ Reply to Thread