Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    Is there a Jewish version
    I am not sure.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,079x in 5,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A touching story. However according to the story, and the biblical accounts we have, the man should be roasting in hell.

Why?

Faith without works is dead. I bet there is more to the story for sure but as the text is written, simply accepting the savior is just not enough.

You have to follow the Savior's commandments for him to justify you at the bar.

Mercy will never rob Justice.

Sent from my evil cell phone.
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:12

Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Rockatansky View Post
    A good piece. I'm not sure who wrote it, but this link from 2007 is the earliest I've seen: http://poundingheartbeat.com/index.p...orney/#respond

The Bible has a few instances referring to Satan as a prosecutor even though, as this link points out, "Satan" can mean a couple of different things: http://mythsofchristianity.com/god-a...satan-and-job/

Personally, if we accept that God is all loving and all merciful, then no one is condemned to eternity in Hell. They do it to themselves. All they have to do is return to God's grace to leave Hell. It's their choice. Eventually, even Lucifer can return to God's grace.
    Depends what flavor of Christianity you subscribe to I suppose. Some are more spot on than others though.

I find it hard to believe that the Westboro Baptists will have a similar reward as the Catholics. Even if I think they are both wrong.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Polecat's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,009x in 2,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    A touching story. However according to the story, and the biblical accounts we have, the man should be roasting in hell.

Why?

Faith without works is dead. I bet there is more to the story for sure but as the text is written, simply accepting the savior is just not enough.

You have to follow the Savior's commandments for him to justify you at the bar.

Mercy will never rob Justice.
    Satan himself believes in Christ. So mere belief is not enough. Our works are as filthy rags in the eyes of God. So deeds don't cut the mustard either. Accepting Christ and allowing His spirit to influence your behavior and knowing that it is His doing and not your own is what I believe. Humble obedience is the best any of us can do.
    My beliefs are a distillation of what I was taught as a child and what I observe as an adult.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Satan himself believes in Christ. So mere belief is not enough. Our works are as filthy rags in the eyes of God. So deeds don't cut the mustard either. Accepting Christ and allowing His spirit to influence your behavior and knowing that it is His doing and not your own is what I believe. Humble obedience is the best any of us can do.
    Agreed, works alone is also not enough. Grace after works is how we are saved, at least that is what I believe.

+ Reply to Thread