Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,335x in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unelected President of Mexico?

It seems to me, that rather than trying to be the president of the USA, Obama seeks the role of unelected president of Mexico.

Not lost on me is the Obama love affair with Mexicans.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 886
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    southwest88's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 826x in 625 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting frame, wrong subject

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    It seems to me, that rather than trying to be the president of the USA, Obama seeks the role of unelected president of Mexico.

Not lost on me is the Obama love affair with Mexicans.
    (My bold)

Well, @ least with one particular Mexican. But you have the wrong perp - it's Jeb Bush, one of the presumed GOP prexy nominees, who married a Mexican national. He also converted to R. Catholicism, joined the Knights of Columbus (4th degree!), & was recently releasing ads in Spanish for GOP candidates - apparently he speaks the lingo, although I haven't heard his performance.

He's a much better fit for unelected Mexican prexy than Obama is - Prexy Obama TMK doesn't speak Spanish, nor married a Mexican national, nor converted to Catholicism.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Overdrive50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    exotix's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,534x in 7,660 Posts
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mehico is now a narco-state ... so the U.N. needs to call for a(n) international resolution for it's invasion.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bob's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,335x in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
    (My bold)

Well, @ least with one particular Mexican. But you have the wrong perp - it's Jeb Bush, one of the presumed GOP prexy nominees, who married a Mexican national. He also converted to R. Catholicism, joined the Knights of Columbus (4th degree!), & was recently releasing ads in Spanish for GOP candidates - apparently he speaks the lingo, although I haven't heard his performance.

He's a much better fit for unelected Mexican prexy than Obama is - Prexy Obama TMK doesn't speak Spanish, nor married a Mexican national, nor converted to Catholicism.
    Let me know when Bush removes the door from the USA and welcomes illegals. He wanted 11 million new worshipers, and now has them. That was his goal from day one.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 886
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    southwest88's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 826x in 625 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An iconoclast @ heart

Let me know when Bush removes the door from the USA and welcomes illegals. He wanted 11 million new worshipers, and now has them. That was his goal from day one.
    (My bold)

Even if Prexy Obama wanted the adulation of undocumented Hispanic immigrants - What is that supposed to do for him? The political calculus doesn't add up to anything. What is his career post-White House going to look like, that he would need or even merely want to be well thought of by that segment of the population?

The further inclusion of Hispanic immigrants may be good for the Democratic party, may be good for the country - it depends on how the various processes work out. But of personal benefit to Obama? That strains credulity - unless you can tell us how that would help Obama in the future.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Howey's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,989x in 1,512 Posts
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeb supports the DREAM Act and is in favor of immigration reform.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsSocial
    waltky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,140x in 1,616 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Echoing the shout of independence of 1810 in Mexico...

Thousands protest against Pena Nieto
    Sat, Sep 17, 2016 - ‘GRITO’: Police blocked the access to Mexico City’s Zocalo Square, where the president was due to replicate the shout of independence of 1810
    Thousands of people protested in Mexico City on Thursday, demanding that Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto resign over his handling of drug violence, corruption and his meeting with US presidential candidate Donald Trump. Demonstrators held a sign reading “Pena Nieto inept, resign for the good of Mexico” and waved blackened national flags on the eve of the nation’s Independence Day. They marched across the capital toward Zocalo Square, where the president traditionally stands on a balcony of the National Palace the night before the holiday to replicate the grito, or shout of independence, made in 1810. Riot police stood near the Zocalo to block access to the protesters, who marched under the rallying cry “resign now.”

Parents of 43 students missing since Sept. 26, 2014, joined the protest, with people angry at the government’s failure to solve the case, almost two years after they were abducted by police and allegedly killed by a drug cartel. “We don’t have a reason to shout: ‘Viva Mexico.’ There are thousands of injustices,” said Cristina Bautista, the mother of one of the missing trainee teachers. Ismael Padilla, a 49-year-old assistant principal at a secondary school, said he was unhappy at Pena Nieto’s decision to invite Trump last month.

The Republican White House hopeful has angered Mexicans for demanding that the nation pay for a border wall and describing migrants as rapists. “We were apparently independent,” Padilla said. “After the visit of this person who has discriminated against our brothers... we are outraged and ashamed that he came here like a head of state, because that was the treatment he was given. We have very little to celebrate.” “We are tired that this government has always done things badly,” Nubia Medina, 64, said. “It has neglected social issues. They live like princes, while the people live on minimum wage. There are many who have disappeared or died.” Protests unfolded elsewhere, with hundreds demonstrating peacefully in the western city of Guadalajara, but in the southern city of Oaxaca police used tear gas to repel teachers from a radical union opposed to Pena Nieto’s education reform. They responded by throwing rocks and launching fireworks at the officers. One person was injured.

Pena Nieto, who took office in December 2012, has seen his approval rating sink to 23 percent in a survey by the Reforma newspaper. Trump’s visit on Aug. 31 rocked his administration, with Mexican finance minister Luis Videgaray resigning following reports that he spearheaded the unpopular meeting. However, Pena Nieto has been haunted by older scandals, notably the disappearance of the 43 students. Parents of the students voiced outrage on Thursday after Pena Nieto named Tomas Zeron to the National Security Council shortly after he resigned as head of the Criminal Investigation Agency. The parents have demanded Zeron’s resignation since independent experts from the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights said severe irregularities were committed in the investigation.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worl.../17/2003655326

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bob... lol
    my junk is ugly

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (09-17-2016)

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 2,138
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,117x in 11,350 Posts
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how waltky finds these posts. Does waltky know you can post new posts?

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    I don't know how waltky finds these posts. Does waltky know you can post new posts?

I think he keyword searches topics when he finds something to post and just attaches them to whatever he finds, which is no big deal.

There's kind of an inherent nostalgia with some of them.
    my junk is ugly

+ Reply to Thread