Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good points as always RW. Speaking of that, have you seen how small Ortiz is this season? It's really weird...I was shocked. Maybe he's trying some new steroids?

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    RollingWave's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 367x in 292 Posts
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it seems to be working, given that he's on pace for his best season since 2007 (though last year was pretty damn good too) . he's about as suspicious as anyone out there. since in his Twin days he looked like..

Of course to be fair to him, his head was already very big to begin with... unlike Barry Bonds... who basically went from Dwayn Wade to Shaq in a few years

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RollingWave For This Useful Post:

Conley (06-05-2012)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, pretty much right about the head sizes.

I've thought Ortiz was done a couple of times but Big Papi keeps rolling...

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    RollingWave's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 367x in 292 Posts
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Old DHs being able to keep going isn't that surprising though, Frank Thomas and Jim Thome both had even worse health than Ortiz and they hit into their 40s.

At this current pace, Ortiz seems like he has a fair shot of reaching 500+ HR which would probably put him into the HOF (though only after a lenghty vote), then again there's a huge backlog right now of qualified folks that are being held back for various reason.. (vote spliting, steroids controversies, poor understanding by some voters of values etc..)

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Carygrant's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 282x in 246 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woods passes Nicklaus with Congressional win

Tiger Woods overtook Jack Nicklaus in second place on the all-time PGA Tour winners list when he captured the AT&T National tournament at the Congressional Country Club.

By Reuters | Eurosport – 8 hours ago

• Tiger Woods of the U.S. reacts to his birdie putt on the 15th hole during the final round of the AT&T National golf tournament at the Congressional Country Club in Bethesda, Maryland

"It feels fantastic. It feels great to get to 74 wins and obviously pass Jack," Woods said after overcoming an overnight one-shot deficit to win.
    "I've had a pretty good career and to do it at 36, I feel like I have a lot of years ahead of me. I feel like I've got a lot more ahead of me."
    Woods has won three of his last seven starts, having claimed the Arnold Palmer Invitational and Memorial Tournament earlier this season, and while it has been four years since his last Major victory, the world number four believes the next one will come soon.
    "I remember there was a time when people were saying I could never win again. That was, I think, what, four months ago and here we are," he said.
    "It was just a matter of time. I could see the pieces coming together.
    "(Coach) Sean (Foley) and I were working, and we see what's coming, and we can see the consistency, and it's just a matter of time."
    Fellow American and playing partner Bo Van Pelt closed with a 71 to finish alone in second, one shot ahead of Australian Adam Scott, who charged up the leaderboard with a final round 67.
    The overnight leader, Zimbabwe's Brendan de Jonge, fell out of contention when he finished with a 77.
    As the other challengers faded, only Van Pelt was able to stay in touch with Woods but as the pressure mounted down the stretch, bogeys on the closing three holes brought his challenge to a screeching halt.
    A 10-foot birdie putt on the fifth gave Woods his first outright lead of the tournament but Van Pelt countered with a birdie on the sixth to draw level.
    Woods once again gained the ascendancy with birdie on the ninth but Van Pelt refused to wilt in the extreme heat, joining the leader once more when he picked up a shot on the 11th.
    Both men traded birdies on the 15th and bogeys on 16 to keep them locked together on eight-under par but Van Pelt's drive on the penultimate hole sailed left and trouble ensued.
    His approach shot caught a flyer and sailed well over the green, and despite an impressive flop shot, he was unable to find the putting surface in three shots and walked off with another bogey.
    His final chance was to hole out from the fringe on 18 to force a playoff but his effort rolled past the pin and he missed the par putt to leave Woods celebrating a two-shot margin of victory.
    The only player with more career titles than Woods is Sam Stead, who won 82 times.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cigar's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,276x in 9,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    • FedEx Point Leader with only 11 events played this year
    • Money Earned Leader with only 11 events played = $4.220,398.00
    • Moved to #4 in World rankings
    • Passed Jack Nicklaus for most PGA Wins into second place, leaving him eight wins away from the record held by Sam Snead.

... and once again .. my Bar Tab was Paid by the Tiger Haters.

+ Reply to Thread