User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I think this is an insult to males!

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sachem View Post
    Why should an adult have a curfew? Women control everything? I don't know where you live, but I don't find that to be the case.

I agree that women civilize men.
    First things colleges do when you bring your kid there for indoctrination and destruction is make you leave...and tell you that you can't see their grades unless they give you permission. EVEN THOUGH YOU ARe PAYING for that education. That's bull shift. You become an adult WHEN you can support yourself..and that's not even a guarantee.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,094
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    sachem's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,876x in 3,229 Posts
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    First things colleges do when you bring your kid there for indoctrination and destruction is make you leave...and tell you that you can't see their grades unless they give you permission. EVEN THOUGH YOU ARe PAYING for that education. That's bull shift. You become an adult WHEN you can support yourself..and that's not even a guarantee.
    Well, if you feel it is indoctrination and destruction why in heaven's name would you pay for it?

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    PolWatch's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 25,148x in 15,266 Posts
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't communicate well enough with your child enough to see their grades, why expect the college administration to do what you can't do? Blaming the college for not showing you the grades means you can't trust your own child to tell you what is going on? That sounds like a parent/child issue to me...not a college administration problem. Solution? shut the wallet

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,430
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Codename Section's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,845x in 7,281 Posts
    Mentioned
    983 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPUSAFcadet23 View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/education...sexism-hemline

I am a firm believer in individual liberty and I abhor conformism and authoritarianism of all kinds. I think these dress codes reinforce the idea that men are sex hungry animals and they remind of me of the modesty laws in the Middle East. I am sure ISIS is smiling right now!

Since when?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Codename Section For This Useful Post:

Don (01-03-2015)

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,755x in 15,337 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PolWatch View Post
    I find it interesting that men seem to be willing to be stereotyped as mindless victims of their own hormones. Reading this thread makes me wonder if males really believe they would be panting sexual predators without females controlling them.
    Have read somewhere most sexual predators are married.
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Don's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,934x in 2,482 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No sympathy on this subject. School is for education...it's not a fashion show. I don't think anyone would benefit from a $#@!s R Us parade. If it makes ya feel any better, when I was in school we had to kneel on the floor and if our skirts didn't hit the floor, we were sent home. Our blouses had to button up to within 2" of the base of the neck & if clothes were too tight...we were sent home. Boys had to wear belts with their pants, shirts with collars & socks with their shoes. Life is rough.
    If we wore a shirt with "tails" it had to be tucked in. If our hair touched our collar we were told to get it cut. My parents always made sure my hair didn't touch my collar. Even back then though there were things that distinguished some students from others. The poorer kids didn't have clothes as nice as the ones who came from families with more money. Looking back I think uniform clothing wouldn't have been such a bad idea. It didn't seem to harm the kids going to the Catholic schools. I think separating boys and girls in high school might not be a bad idea either.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Don For This Useful Post:

PolWatch (01-03-2015)

Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't communicate well enough with your child enough to see their grades, why expect the college administration to do what you can't do? Blaming the college for not showing you the grades means you can't trust your own child to tell you what is going on? That sounds like a parent/child issue to me...not a college administration problem. Solution? shut the wallet
    I didn't have that problem but thanks for the parenting tips.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well...let me try this one more time. It is not a matter between the child and the parent but rather the wedge that the school is intentionally putting between the two. The school discounts the fact that the parent is paying because what parent doesn't want their kid to get an education to do well in life. It's a matter of the school turning the kids against the parent, showing the kids that the parents don't know as much as they(the kids) do (even though the kids are taught nothing but rebellion and hatred for this country and our traditions). It is a matter of the school destroying the family by targeting the trust and the responsibility of the parent and the respect and responsibility that the child OWES the parent.

This has caused loads of problems I can only imagine. Didn't happen with me. I learned early THAT...you had to de-program your kids daily while they are in GRADE SCHOOL and HIGHSCHOOL. And I DO mean daily. Even when you think it's falling on deaf ears...they hear, oh yes, they hear. And then the day comes and you get a call from your kid...and he says...'you're not going to believe what the teacher/professor said today, mom'. And he tells you and you realize your kids recognizes the lie from the truth and that. feels. SO. good.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,888
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,929x in 8,807 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well...let me try this one more time. It is not a matter between the child and the parent but rather the wedge that the school is intentionally putting between the two. The school discounts the fact that the parent is paying because what parent doesn't want their kid to get an education to do well in life. It's a matter of the school turning the kids against the parent, showing the kids that the parents don't know as much as they(the kids) do (even though the kids are taught nothing but rebellion and hatred for this country and our traditions). It is a matter of the school destroying the family by targeting the trust and the responsibility of the parent and the respect and responsibility that the child OWES the parent.

This has caused loads of problems I can only imagine. Didn't happen with me. I learned early THAT...you had to de-program your kids daily while they are in GRADE SCHOOL and HIGHSCHOOL. And I DO mean daily. Even when you think it's falling on deaf ears...they hear, oh yes, they hear. And then the day comes and you get a call from your kid...and he says...'you're not going to believe what the teacher/professor said today, mom'. And he tells you and you realize your kids recognizes the lie from the truth and that. feels. SO. good.
    I think it's really a matter of most of them being legally adults. Additionally, tuition is not always paid by the parents. Sometimes the kids are paying their own way or contributing to same and the school doesn't necessarily discriminate as to who is paying the tuition, so long as it's paid.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have kids...college age kids and gone thru this.

+ Reply to Thread