Brett Nortje's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 195x in 179 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To find out the meaning of each letter we need to take a few and make examples out of them, yes? how about we start with my favorite letter, the letter "S?" s is descriptive, like suddenly, still, sloppy, slothful, slow, super, soon and so forth. we can see that the letter s usually means there is something being described, yes?

Now, let's look at those other letters around the s? sloppy. L. low, long, living, loving, like, lance, little. these are active words. so, sloppy would be an s for describing the activity, and l for showing that there is a described activity going on, yes?

Then, we need to go onto the other letters. how about the O? what if we were to take the o and show that other words would be only, obvious, oblong, one; we will see that this letter gives limits, yes? so our word sloppy would be 'describing the activity with limits.'

Well more or less. i hope you can see how this goes?
    !! Thug LIfe !!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett Nortje For This Useful Post:

valley ranch (10-23-2015)

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 768
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us concentrate on the vowels? if we were to observe the vowels, of which there must be one in any germanic language's words, maybe we could cut our learning experience in half?

So, O is a limited word. E would be in every, envy, example, excuse, empathy and ensure. this would lead to something specific, yes?

How about A? all, anywhere, anything, answer and ankle. it is safe to say that this is a word without limits, opposing o, yes?

Then, there is U. under, undone, undress, uncle and udder. this would mean, if i am not mistaken, below the object.

How about I? if, in, into, inner, inept and inverse. this seems to be like saying it is limited in a sprinkling of details, where the word means that it is complimentary?

Let us put this to a test?

"John went to the dry cleaners."

This would be [1] limited, [2] something specific, [3] limited, [4] something specific, [5] something specific [6] without limits [7] something specific. this would be - x < x x [=2x] ^ x. so, it would be something less is less than something twice as much, times by the same thing.
    !! Thug LIfe !!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett Nortje For This Useful Post:

valley ranch (10-23-2015)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to consider when listening to a 'foreign tongue' or reading text, is that the sounds seem to make pantomime sense, but, how do we make that a sound theory? if you were, as an english speaker, hear the word "unt" it would be like "unto" or "under" but, if we were to pantomime the sound, we would automatically come up with a gesture that shows what it means, yes? how do we get these gestures?

It must come from body language and emotions. when we hear the sounds, we get a feeling, and, when we make the sounds, we 'communicate a feeling.' if we were to feel it, it is obviously it, yes? but, this cannot really be taught, as, it is too vague and 'base.' so, we need to make it more of a science, if you will?

If the sound makes you make a gesture, or vice versa, then it must affect your vocal chords, and, the vocals will relate the shape of the body. if you were in a cave, and you heard someone talking, you would not be able to read their expression nor body language. if you were underwater, different story with you not being able to hear them, yes?

Of course the right way to read a sound is to say it to yourself, and it will affect your 'primal drive' and get a natural, hard wired and genetically encoded response or impression. if you were to observe that certain 'syllables' are meaning the same thing, you would be able to understand anything, except if it is in funny writing, of course.

Now, to put this down as fact, we need to accept that certain 'syllables' bridge the gap between languages. these are only mixed up because of grammar, which cannot be made a constant, but the terms can.
    !! Thug LIfe !!

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 730
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    valley ranch's Avatar Senior Member
    Sierra Nevada Mountains and Nevada High Desert
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,068x in 830 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Brett, Good go. I have this thing for languages. I can hear your mind working. Isn't it thrilling?

Let me describe: English is my first language. My folks didn't want me to have an accent. When speaking in their language in front of me, I would feel through the words similarly. Example when hearing the word Turkey{the bird} Huntgahave it literally means Indian Chicken, Hunt is Indian-have is chicken. as a child I took it a little further. I thought Hunt sounded like Hink-5. That made sense to me. Big as five chickens. It wasn't until I was older that I told others that.
    When I got father nervous, he would make the sign of the Cross and say something under his breath. He was saying Anewn Hyer= The Name of The Father. But I only heard un hyer=without a father. I thought he was calling me a B-----d. It wasn't until recently I told someone what I had thought all those years ago.

I know that's a lot of, but, can you see? I see, hear the you doing a similar thing, most of the time it comes out right, I was just pointing to what happened in a couple cases when I was a little one and got it wrong.

Didn't mean to bend your ear.

When learning French I pulled in words from Italian and Spanish, didn't always work because some word are different. You were talking about reading. Never learned French Phonetic.

Gota stop, sorry, I know this makes little sense. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by valley ranch; 10-23-2015 at 10:39 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to valley ranch For This Useful Post:

Brett Nortje (10-23-2015)

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,312x in 4,617 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could teach you Hebrew

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,312x in 4,617 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you learn the alphabet it becomes easier.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 730
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    valley ranch's Avatar Senior Member
    Sierra Nevada Mountains and Nevada High Desert
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,068x in 830 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brett, I thought I would post this here as it correlates.

The ancient city Karpert~ Kar=stone, pert=fort: Karpert=Stone Fort. Karpertsi, most of the people of Karpert were killed,1915-1925 by the Turks who didn't rename the city but today it is called karput.

Karpert made and exported through out the ancient world and Europe, Tapestry and rugs. The name of the City of Karpert was given to the woven items Carpet. Today Carpet is used as well as Rug, Rug which sounds Teutonic {Germanic } to me. Our Germanic cousins used shorter words most times using the same sound: As in Dicran=Richard ~ Germanic application Dic to Rick yet in Germanic English the nickname for Richard is still Dick.

The word Pert=Fort is still used in English A parapet wall is a low wall, usually enclosing a roof, or a protective barrier at the edge of a terrace or on the side of a bridge. In modern use, one is constructed ...

I'm happy to have met you and share your interest and fascination for language. I'll enclose a video that has shots of inscribed written language carved in stone and printing [Read from left to Right. Also the spoken language {Armenian} which is IndoEuropean if you listen there are many words sounded slightly different that carry the same sound in English, German, French, Italian and so on.

There are some words that are now archaic, as in Gavat=Goblet, some exist as Slang Achchick=girl~ Chick=Girl.

Katchcar=Stone Cross, Katch=Cross. http://www.welcomearmenia.com/armenia/khachkar

`
    Last edited by valley ranch; 10-26-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that the best way to understand a language is to have a picture come with it. pantomiming the sounds of the word would mean that you will understand, as, the hands are used when talking - i figured this out by watching some people use their hands when they speak, of course.

If you were to feel the sounds the other person is making, you need to say them to yourself. then, you will find that certain sounds, after a bit of practice, will bring your hands to your face, to your belly, to you mouth and above your head. then there are sounds that bring your words towards you or away from you, away from each other, and making another a object - nouns.
    !! Thug LIfe !!

+ Reply to Thread