Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 82x in 68 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    1. State health care is pretty much universal in the west.

2. We spend generously on education and healthcare in the west. More in fact than a communist society could ever afford to.

3. All liberalism, including communism, is pregnant with themes (e.g. equality and progress) that have their origin in Christian theology. Moreover, Marxism is a political religion (i.e. a form of secularized Christianity and Jewish apocalytic).

4. As for personal versus public, you seem confused. It was liberalism that consigned religion to the private sphere. That developmwent has its ultimate origin in Protestantism and perhaps late Medieval theology long before communism came along. Private religion is characteristic of western society including the USA.

5. By the two camps I meant liberal capitalism and communism which have far more in common than we've been brought up to believe. No, workers don't have a lot of issues which is why the left has abandoned the white working class and turned to gay rights, feminism, and the Third World.

1. Not in the US.
    2. Not in the US. The US is very low in education. Even Cuba beats the US in education and results. You can spend all the money in the world but money doesn't mean results. Standardize testing has $#@!ed it up so bad. Where I'm from in the south of the US we're the dumbest people around.

3.. Sigh. Communism is NOT liberalism. And in Communism all the sub groups talk about a very strong separation of church and state. There is no core with religion period. Marx was very much against it. Have you not read a single thing from the man? This is very basic knowledge of Marx most people know about and why Communists are always assumed to be atheists when it's not true for everyone who is in the group.

4. What in the world are you talking about?

5. No, they don't.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,470x in 36,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle82 View Post
    1. Not in the US.
    2. Not in the US. The US is very low in education. Even Cuba beats the US in education and results. You can spend all the money in the world but money doesn't mean results. Standardize testing has $#@!ed it up so bad. Where I'm from in the south of the US we're the dumbest people around.

3.. Sigh. Communism is NOT liberalism. And in Communism all the sub groups talk about a very strong separation of church and state. There is no core with religion period. Marx was very much against it. Have you not read a single thing from the man? This is very basic knowledge of Marx most people know about and why Communists are always assumed to be atheists when it's not true for everyone who is in the group.

4. What in the world are you talking about?

5. No, they don't.
    1. The US is well on its way there and the US is peculiar. Again, state healthcare is pretty much universal in the west.

2. How US students perform is immaterial. We spend generously. BTW, black and Hispanic students drag our ranking down not "southerners".

We may end points 1 and 2.

3. Please look up the definition of liberalism. Communism is in fact a branch of liberalism. So is virtually every modern political system with the possible exception of fascism. Anyway, the religious element in Marxism is quite clear and has been remarked upon by many intellectuals. In studying Marx, a little distance will help you understand his philosophy a little better.

4. I'm talking history and specifically intellectual history. No worries if I've gone over your head.

5. Please list for me what their primary differences are. We know that they both champion individuialism, equality, the primacy of the economic, progress, and both are materialist philosophies. That's off the top of my head. How are they dfferent? I know the far left wants a wider distribution of wealth. What else?
    Last edited by Mister D; 03-18-2015 at 11:15 AM.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

+ Reply to Thread