Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 49x in 32 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A look into the Future

After the SCOTUS ruling this past week, here is a hypothetical look at our future. This situation may never happen, however, after the ruling, this could happen and "WE THE PEOPLE" no longer have many recourses to prevent it.

Dom Breeskov: Yesterday, President Willard Wilson signed the hotly contested “BUY GM Bill” after it was approved in the House and Senate, both by narrow margins. The bills requires anybody that purchases a car in the US to buy a General Motors product in order to avoid paying a $5000.00 tax that would be imposed on car from other manufacturers.

Today, we were invited for an exclusive interview with the President. I am currently sitting with President Wilson in the Oval Office.

“Mr. President, you have constantly referred to this bill as a win-win. Would you care to elaborate”?

President Wilson: “Certainly. We have just bailed out GM for the 5th time in close to 20 years. With our $250 trillion dollar debt, we are unable to offer monetary incentives to encourage the public to buy GM products. We need for GM to become a stable corporation in order to save the workers at GM and more importantly, to maintain the strength of the Autoworker’s Union. If people buy GM products to avoid the tax, then the sooner GM can repay the bailout. If people still desire to buy other products, a portion of our National Debt is paid down”.

Dom: “What made you resort to a tax”?

Pres.: “The idea came from the 2012 SCOTUS ruling over the Health Care issue. The SCOTUS ruled that the Government was completely within its legal authority to impose a tax to encourage the public to buy a specific product”.

Dom: “And this bill requires everybody to pay a $5000.00 tax if they do not buy a GM product”?

Pres.: “Correct. It only applies to new car purchases”.

Dom: “Are you concerned that this takes away individual decisions on what to purchase”?

Pres.: “Not at all. The public can still purchase a Toyota, or a Honda, or even a Ford product is they feel the superior product is worth the $5000.00 tax.”

Dom: “Speaking of superior product, many people claim that GM no longer produces a superior product for the price paid.”

Pres.: “GM has had their issues, but they are working hard to overcome those issues. We have already loosened some of the minor safety regulation for GM, so that should allow them to reduce their product’s cost.”

Dom: “Well, take GM’s premier standard car, the Chevy Commissar for instance. There have been complaints of poor performance and maintenance issues with that model.”

Pres.: “The Chevy Commissar is a very good product. GM engineers are working as we speak to resolve the issues encountered. If we do not give them time and the opportunity to resolve those issues, we are talking about the loss of 300,000 workers which will weaken the Automotive Union.

Dom: “What about Ford and Chrysler. Is this bill fair to them”?

Pres.: “Will maybe they should have donated more to my reelection campaign. Ha, ha, ha”.

Dom: “Ha, ha, ha”.

Pres.: Seriously, though, I agree that it isn’t completely fair to them, but sometimes decisions must be made that are not fair to all parties. If this program is successful and Ford or Chrysler are financially hurt by this bill, then maybe we can do a similar bill for them in the future”.

Dom: “Well Mr. President, thank you for your time and for allowing me this interview”.

Pres.: “Anything for my friends at NBC”.
    If a person needs to resort to insults and rudeness, then they have already lost the argument. -- Anonymous

Lie - The intentional telling of an untruth.

Mistake - The unintentional telling of an untruth.

Judge a man not by the color of his skin but by the contents of his character". -- MLK

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nunya For This Useful Post:

Goldie Locks (06-30-2012),michaelr (07-01-2012),Trinnity (06-30-2012),wingrider (06-30-2012)

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    Trinnity's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,832x in 1,323 Posts
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well, it's worrisome, no doubt. Roberts is telling us to get off our lazy ignorant asses and pay attention to what the govt does to us. We'd better do just that, now that he's thrown down the gauntlet.

This is govt. You are Duane.
    Last edited by Trinnity; 06-30-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,200
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Goldie Locks's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,100x in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I am not sure that Roberts decision to side with the liberals was to get US off our asses or not. The fact remains that he broke his oath of office and that is to uphold the Constitution...not play games. He could have voted against it and still upheld limits on the Commerce clause.

The government can collect all the tax they want, but are limited on what they can spend it on and most of what they spend it on is unconstitutional.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldie Locks For This Useful Post:

michaelr (07-01-2012)

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GM used most of the bailouts to expand overseas on our taxpayers money, not for the economy or jobs for America.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

michaelr (07-01-2012)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    wingrider's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 789x in 646 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    After the SCOTUS ruling this past week, here is a hypothetical look at our future. This situation may never happen, however, after the ruling, this could happen and "WE THE PEOPLE" no longer have many recourses to prevent it.

Dom Breeskov: Yesterday, President Willard Wilson signed the hotly contested “BUY GM Bill” after it was approved in the House and Senate, both by narrow margins. The bills requires anybody that purchases a car in the US to buy a General Motors product in order to avoid paying a $5000.00 tax that would be imposed on car from other manufacturers.

Today, we were invited for an exclusive interview with the President. I am currently sitting with President Wilson in the Oval Office.

“Mr. President, you have constantly referred to this bill as a win-win. Would you care to elaborate”?

President Wilson: “Certainly. We have just bailed out GM for the 5th time in close to 20 years. With our $250 trillion dollar debt, we are unable to offer monetary incentives to encourage the public to buy GM products. We need for GM to become a stable corporation in order to save the workers at GM and more importantly, to maintain the strength of the Autoworker’s Union. If people buy GM products to avoid the tax, then the sooner GM can repay the bailout. If people still desire to buy other products, a portion of our National Debt is paid down”.

Dom: “What made you resort to a tax”?

Pres.: “The idea came from the 2012 SCOTUS ruling over the Health Care issue. The SCOTUS ruled that the Government was completely within its legal authority to impose a tax to encourage the public to buy a specific product”.

Dom: “And this bill requires everybody to pay a $5000.00 tax if they do not buy a GM product”?

Pres.: “Correct. It only applies to new car purchases”.

Dom: “Are you concerned that this takes away individual decisions on what to purchase”?

Pres.: “Not at all. The public can still purchase a Toyota, or a Honda, or even a Ford product is they feel the superior product is worth the $5000.00 tax.”

Dom: “Speaking of superior product, many people claim that GM no longer produces a superior product for the price paid.”

Pres.: “GM has had their issues, but they are working hard to overcome those issues. We have already loosened some of the minor safety regulation for GM, so that should allow them to reduce their product’s cost.”

Dom: “Well, take GM’s premier standard car, the Chevy Commissar for instance. There have been complaints of poor performance and maintenance issues with that model.”

Pres.: “The Chevy Commissar is a very good product. GM engineers are working as we speak to resolve the issues encountered. If we do not give them time and the opportunity to resolve those issues, we are talking about the loss of 300,000 workers which will weaken the Automotive Union.

Dom: “What about Ford and Chrysler. Is this bill fair to them”?

Pres.: “Will maybe they should have donated more to my reelection campaign. Ha, ha, ha”.

Dom: “Ha, ha, ha”.

Pres.: Seriously, though, I agree that it isn’t completely fair to them, but sometimes decisions must be made that are not fair to all parties. If this program is successful and Ford or Chrysler are financially hurt by this bill, then maybe we can do a similar bill for them in the future”.

Dom: “Well Mr. President, thank you for your time and for allowing me this interview”.

Pres.: “Anything for my friends at NBC”.

just so I don't get in trouble.. can I have a link to this OP.. if I copy this and post it again someplace I could be breaking the copyright rule/
    The eastern world, it is exploding, violence flaring bullets loading. you are old enough to kill , but not for voting, this whole crazy world is just to frustrating, and you tell me over and over and over again my friend, you don't believe we are on the EVE of DESTRUCTION.

Never approach a bull from the front, A horse from behind, or a fool from any direction.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not real...just a parody. May be original.
    Last edited by Goldie Locks; 06-30-2012 at 08:21 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldie Locks For This Useful Post:

Nunya (06-30-2012)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats cool but who is the author and can I get his/her permion to use it ?? that is all i am asking.. I like the Op its great.
    The eastern world, it is exploding, violence flaring bullets loading. you are old enough to kill , but not for voting, this whole crazy world is just to frustrating, and you tell me over and over and over again my friend, you don't believe we are on the EVE of DESTRUCTION.

Never approach a bull from the front, A horse from behind, or a fool from any direction.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wingrider For This Useful Post:

Nunya (06-30-2012)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Nunya's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 49x in 32 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingrider View Post
    just so I don't get in trouble.. can I have a link to this OP.. if I copy this and post it again someplace I could be breaking the copyright rule/
    It is original, I wrote it today. I would be honored if you would like a copy. I have sent this to all of my friends as well and would love to see this circulated. As I said, this situation may never happen, but after last week, it is a possibility.

Edit: I originally had a date of June 30, 2026 on it, but I must have edited it out.
    If a person needs to resort to insults and rudeness, then they have already lost the argument. -- Anonymous

Lie - The intentional telling of an untruth.

Mistake - The unintentional telling of an untruth.

Judge a man not by the color of his skin but by the contents of his character". -- MLK

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nunya For This Useful Post:

Trinnity (06-30-2012),wingrider (06-30-2012)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you nunya.. I appreciate it..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wingrider For This Useful Post:

Nunya (06-30-2012)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    It is original, I wrote it today. I would be honored if you would like a copy. I have sent this to all of my friends as well and would love to see this circulated. As I said, this situation may never happen, but after last week, it is a possibility.

Edit: I originally had a date of June 30, 2026 on it, but I must have edited it out.
    Exactly as I thought...great piece...I bow to you.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldie Locks For This Useful Post:

Nunya (06-30-2012)

+ Reply to Thread