Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 126x in 85 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Truth About Homosexual Marriage

It's not about ending discrimination or morality.

If it was liberals would not be so insistent on forcing it everywhere they see.

They would leave the issue to states rights if they really cared about the Constitution and wanted to follow the constitution.

No, it's all about thought control and social engineering, and forcing people to change their beliefs to accept them as normal.

Otherwise they wouldn't get so angry when people say no and refuse them.

It's all about forcing your beliefs on to others.

A true moral person does not impose their beliefs on to others.

And a truly tolerant person would take the mature route and not be offended when they hear a person who thinks that the act is disgusting.

But if you think that the act is disgusting in any way shape or form, and if you criticize homosexuals in any way shape or form, then that is hateful homophobia.

And rela maturity does not act that way.

True maturity requires that you're not so concerned with how one thinks, and true maturity doesn't impose their morality or force people toa ccept what they don't want to accept.

For, if it's okay to do it to other people, then ti's okay for other people to do it to you.

All laws, morality, and rights must be applied evenly across the board, and the people who demand that you follow those morals must hold themselves to the same rules that they demand of everybody else. Anything else is hypocrisy, ceases to be real morality, and instead becomes double standards and special privileges, of which, this country has had enough of.

But authoritarians of all stripes never hold themselves to the same standards they expect everybody else to live by, and they always find a way to not obey the rules that they expect everybody else to live by.

In truth there should only be one rule for a free society that values life and liberty.

And that rule is do what thou wilt at no harm to others shall be the whole of the law.

after all, why should it matter what one things and why is it so all fired important that we all be the same mindless soulless robot anyway?

Why are you so damned fearful of people who do not think or behave like you?

There is no such thing as normal. And all morality is just an excuse to hurt people.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonborn Herald For This Useful Post:

Guerilla (03-28-2015)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Redrose's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,463x in 4,722 Posts
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I support same sex unions for one reason, they as human beings, and deserve to have the same rights as any one else, by that I mean the right of survivorship, inheritance, beneficiariaries, next of kin rights, adoption. I still feel the term marriage does not apply, union make more sense to me. Marriage is a blending of different things. Same sex is not a blending or a marriage of different things.

What people do in the privacy of their bedroom is none of my business.

I also do not want homosexual activities forced on me, crammed down my throat, no more than I want any sexual exhibitions forced on me. I want my privacy and my values respected too.
    Last edited by Redrose; 03-28-2015 at 10:13 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redrose For This Useful Post:

Chris (03-29-2015),nic34 (03-30-2015)

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Dragonborn Herald's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 126x in 85 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So would, but the truth of the matter is, we dont' have a voice in our government, and the people who are driving the homosexual narriage issue do not give a damn about what we want.

I'm not opposed to homosexual marriage myself, but I will not support thought control and social engineering.

people do have a right to their beliefs and their thoughts and thanks to the first amendment, we have the right to express them how we see fit, even if they're unfortunate in some way.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,114x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonborn Herald View Post

They would leave the issue to states rights if they really cared about the Constitution and wanted to follow the constitution.

No, it's all about thought control and social engineering, and forcing people to change their beliefs to accept them as normal.

And a truly tolerant person would take the mature route and not be offended when they hear a person who thinks that the act is disgusting.

But if you think that the act is disgusting in any way shape or form, and if you criticize homosexuals in any way shape or form, then that is hateful homophobia.

True maturity requires that you're not so concerned with how one thinks, and true maturity doesn't impose their morality or force people toa ccept what they don't want to accept.

For, if it's okay to do it to other people, then ti's okay for other people to do it to you.

All laws, morality, and rights must be applied evenly across the board, and the people who demand that you follow those morals must hold themselves to the same rules that they demand of everybody else. Anything else is hypocrisy, ceases to be real morality, and instead becomes double standards and special privileges, of which, this country has had enough of.

But authoritarians of all stripes never hold themselves to the same standards they expect everybody else to live by, and they always find a way to not obey the rules that they expect everybody else to live by.

In truth there should only be one rule for a free society that values life and liberty.

And that rule is do what thou wilt at no harm to others shall be the whole of the law.

after all, why should it matter what one things and why is it so all fired important that we all be the same mindless soulless robot anyway?

There is no such thing as normal. And all morality is just an excuse to hurt people.
    As long as what you do doesn't infringe upon the rights of others it should be fair game. That requires the removal of any one specific morality or for that matter morality all together. After all morality is an individual's interpretation of someone else's opinion.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Private Pickle For This Useful Post:

Howey (03-28-2015)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Achievements:
    Candace Camp's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 79x in 63 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I support gay marriage just for fun.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,114x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace Camp View Post
    Are you the top or bottom?
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Private Pickle For This Useful Post:

Candace Camp (03-28-2015)

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,269
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,049x in 8,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious @Candace Camp, but you wouldn't be Germanicus by any chance?
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

nic34 (03-30-2015)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Guerilla's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,160x in 737 Posts
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonborn Herald View Post

I agree with this train of though as the social issue goes.

But why can't we extend this train of thought to the economy and general ideologies as well?

Let's have a salad, not a soup.
    "I do not think the measure of a civilization is how tall it's buildings of concrete are, but rather how well it's people have learned to relate to their environment and fellow man." - Chippewa

"They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds." Mexican Proverb

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Achievements:
    Candace Camp's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 79x in 63 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Just curious @Candace Camp, but you wouldn't be Germanicus by any chance?
    Which Germanicus? There's more than one.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,526x in 94,960 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which Germanicus? There's more than one.
    Probably both top and bottom.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread