User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A People’s History of Koch Industries:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,898x in 54,716 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    Yes because you deserve what others have worked for right???

And if you really did start this, why would I not take my money and burn in before the government could get hold of it

So you like me did not have a Daddy to get you started, Well get off your ass and do it yourself.

If someone takes what I have earned by my labor then I have been made a slave.

If I choose to give my son what I have earned, he may not have earned it but no one else has either.

From primitive society to the ancients, family, religion and property were all one thing. Modernity seeks to tear that apart.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 771
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,643x in 1,279 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iustitia View Post
    I like how now that there's cheap points to score against two political red herrings people want to bring up that American capitalists built Russian communism.

Antony Sutton wrote Western Technology and Soviet Economic Development covering from the revolution to the mid 60's over three volumes, wrote National Suicide: Military Aid to the Soviet Union, wrote Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution, and wrote The Best Enemy Money Can Buy. He was kicked out of the Hoover Institute and written out of academia as a conspiracy theorist despite mountains of evidence in his favor.

Oh but two rich $#@!s who aren't Democrats are giving money to some Republican causes so everyone needs to $#@! their pants and dig $#@! up about their ancestors.

You know who else built communism? JP Morgan, the historical sugardaddy of most iconic Democrats, liberals and progressives including Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Delano Roosevelt. American International Corporation linked to Rockefellers, Vanderlips and Du Ponts. Chase National Bank. Equitable Trust Company. Federal Advisory Council. Federal Reserve Bank of New York. The Federal Reserve Board connected to the Warburgs and Delanos. Guaranty Trust Company connected to the Harrimans. National City Bank connected to Rockefellers and Vanderlips again. Sinclair Oil Corporation. JG White Engineering Corporation. General goddamn Electric.

President Woodrow Wilson sent American troops to die fighting Bolsheviks in a phony war while he gave Trotsky a goddamn passport to get back to Russia. When the communists won control of Russia the US gave them wheat shipments to offset their famines. The US let Soviet technicians visit the Douglas Aircraft Company and gained not just manufacturing rights but also licensing which resulted in the American Douglas DC-3 becoming the PS-84, and it would happen numerous times with American technological assets. Americans were getting killed in Vietnam by weapons and vehicles made in Russian factories which our companies built. Even through Reagan the US was making arms, commercial and trade deals even working on a merged school curriculum. The entire Cold War was a goddamn front for transnational corporations to profit off of ignorant herbs.

It's harder to think of monied interests that didn't fund communism. $#@!, how about nazism? Standard Oil, Vacuum Oil, IG Farben, General Electric, Bank of Manhattan, ITT, and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. They gave Ford's antisemitic ass a goddamn award for his help. George W Bush's grandfather did business for the Nazis. Half of the American contributors to Nazi Germany were still doing business with them while we were fighting. But the Kochs, who've also funded gay marriage campaigns and the ACLU and opposed the Patriot Act and drug criminalization, are the putrid spawn of Satan's $#@! because they aren't Democrats.

Democrats and Republicans are both, all of them, bought and paid for. You all literally mean less than nothing to them. Those of you that wax and wane ad infinitum, in this facade of a political process, are pawns and you only see this insofar as it applies to your "polar opposites" and blindly ignore the financial strings pulling yourselves and your figureheads. This is neither a republic nor a democracy, but an oligarchy, and you'll focus attention on arguably benign financial actors while ignoring the systemic corruption of the political and financial classes as a whole. Because focusing on one boogeyman lets you keep up your infantile illusion. The illusion that only your team is good and your vote matters, in some existential clash between virtue and vice or civilization and absolute despotism.

Charles and David Koch are the 10th a 24th highest contributors respectfully and their contributions combined are over nine times less than the number one contributor whose contributions are 100% partisan on the side of liberal Democrats. It's a mirage. They're all $#@!s and none of them care about you, let alone want to fight for you.

If you want to get anything out of this red herring strawman, it should be that parties, politicians, entire countries and even the course of history are all guided by monied interests and picking favorites isn't going to make anyone's life better. Reject the system and stop buying into the cake and circuses that is political theater.
    Standing Ovation!

But we can't shatter the cherished illusions of the deluded!

Just the cognitive dissonance alone could break minds.

Folks like to be comfortably dumb.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 771
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,643x in 1,279 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    They must be wack jobs to believe in human freedom. Shame on them.
    They were whack jobs because they saw Commies everywhere!

They even labeled Eisenhower as a Commie, fer chris sake!

They were very influencial in pushing the Republican Party far right into hysteria and divisive wedge politics and racial division.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bob's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,335x in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

They were very influencial in pushing the Republican Party far right into hysteria and divisive wedge politics and racial division.

You still underestimate the communist damage.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Sage of Main Street's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,249x in 1,927 Posts
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Koch Is One of Our Precious Bodily Fluids. Don't Let It Sap Out of Us!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Gen. Jack D. Ripper was one of them.
    On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders

We won't live free until the Democrats, and their voters, live in fear.

+ Reply to Thread