Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,322x in 14,537 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=TrueBlue;1087308]
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    Jesus never condemned homosexuality or Gay or Lesbian people. Period. And obviously God did not think it was the grave "sin" that you and others think it may be otherwise He would have written an Eleventh Commandment condemning it only He didn't. The Scriptures that are used by bigots to try to throw at Gay people to condemn them are actually speaking to other things very different than the condemnation of homosexuals. Biblical scholars have brought that out time and time and again and I would be glad to show you what they say about those Scriptures if you are interested.

The "sin" in both Heterosexual AND Homosexual orientations is not that people are Heterosexual or Homosexual in and of itself but that they are promiscuous. That is what God abhors and what Jesus told the woman at the well that she should "go and sin no more" about. He was speaking to her promiscuity. You have to remember that she was not Gay or a Lesbian.

The Constitution was written so that states would not be empowered to overturn or defy U.S. Supreme Court rulings with their own laws. That is clearly understood by law scholars and all others with clear-thinking minds. The SCOTUS ruling becomes the Law of the Land. End of story.
    So then you are denying that the Bible talks about the sin of a man lying with an man and a women lying with a women?

What other parts of the scripture are not true? You see I believe it all, and thus understand that my second marriage to the red head makes me an adulterer, so I live a chosen lifestyle of sin. You have chosen to live the gay lifestyle and thus have chosen a lifestyle of sin, no better or worse than mine!

What is so hard to understand.

And last the Supreme Court was set up to uphold the constitution, and it that document it says that what powers are not specifically given to the federal government, are reserved to the States. When a court becomes an activist political body that is rewriting the constitution, it becomes the duty of the States to throw off such government and sever those ties.

As outlined in the Declaration.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 1,648
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,322x in 14,537 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    That all depends on how you interpret certain teachings. But even so, if it truly is a sin, it is no worse than any others. The whole reason for Christ coming to earth was to forgive us of our everyday sins, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wonderful and truthful post, as usual! Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zelmo1234 For This Useful Post:

Ravens Fan (05-12-2015)

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 1,416
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    TrueBlue's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,957x in 1,656 Posts
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

So then you are denying that the Bible talks about the sin of a man lying with an man and a women lying with a women?
    It talks about it but not in the context that you and others feel that it does. That Scripture is speaking to a heterosexual man and/or woman engaging in homosexual activities which is not the "normal" thing for them to do. It is not addressing those who are already predisposed to being homosexual whose normal inclinations would be to lay with a member of their own sex. Therein lies the difference. But bigots often use that Scripture as well as others to proclaim that Gay and Lesbian people are sinners when in effect that is not true. It is the sin of promiscuity that God abhors, as is exemplified by the woman at the well (who was not a Lesbian) that Jesus told to "go and sin no more." In other words He was telling her to stop her promiscuous heterosexual lifestyle. But it does not speak to homosexuality in and of itself as being sinful which it is not anymore than it is by merely being a heterosexual. Promiscuity in both sexual orientations is what is sinful to God.

Biblical scholars have addressed these Scriptures and their meaning.

How do you interpret Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13, man should not lay with man?
    http://www.gaychristian101.com/how-d...-with-man.html

What other parts of the scripture are not true? You see I believe it all, and thus understand that my second marriage to the red head makes me an adulterer, so I live a chosen lifestyle of sin. You have chosen to live the gay lifestyle and thus have chosen a lifestyle of sin, no better or worse than mine!

What is so hard to understand.
    And what makes you think I live "....the gay lifestyle...."? Have you ever stopped to think that I am a mere supporter of LGBT rights? Just the same as many White people were supporters of Black people's rights during the early Sixties without actually being a part of their race or community.

And you further ask "What is so hard to understand." As to what is so hard to understand, it is when I see people using inappropriate Scriptures to try to justify their hate and intolerance for the Gay community that I find myself asking that very question as well. They should well understand that those inappropriate Scriptures are not speaking of condemning Gays at all.

And last the Supreme Court was set up to uphold the constitution, and it that document it says that what powers are not specifically given to the federal government, are reserved to the States. When a court becomes an activist political body that is rewriting the constitution, it becomes the duty of the States to throw off such government and sever those ties.

As outlined in the Declaration.
    The Federal Courts interpret the Constitution, and their rulings take precedence over any state laws and the states must comply with the SCOTUS rulings or face very expensive lawsuits, etc. which in the end would still compel them to obey those rulings. Like it or not a SCOTUS ruling becomes the Law of the Land for both sides. End of story.
    Let's see how much care and compassion Trump and Republicans show for their fellow Americans to truly help them out in their time of need.

Let's start the count to see if Trump comes through on the many things he promised to do for Americans. If he doesn't, along with a Republican Congress, then what's his and their excuse?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TrueBlue For This Useful Post:

PattyHill (05-12-2015)

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,079x in 5,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well TrueBlue said Biblical scholars said so.

So it must be true.

Sent from my evil, kitten eating cell phone.
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:12

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cthulhu For This Useful Post:

zelmo1234 (05-12-2015)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    GRUMPY's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 127x in 102 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrook View Post
    TrueBlue, every time a man has sex with another man or a woman has sex with another woman, both are desecrating their bodies, which are temples built by God. It's a sin that is as bad as going into a church and desecrating it.
    unless of course the gals are hot and they make a grumpy sandwich.....

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    Blackrook, And yet Jesus Christ spoke not one word against homosexuality. But I'll tell you what the real desecration is -- ABORTION. And it is unfortunately being done by Heterosexuals, not homosexuals, and that actually takes a life or several.
    forget jesus, homosexuality is a mental/personality disorder....

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Is beating off ok?
    yes, beating off is okay....

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PattyHill View Post
    Can we give Texas back to Mexico?
    you won't have to give it, within two generations a large swath of the sw will move to secede from this union...that will include a big piece of texas....

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=TrueBlue;1087308]
    Jesus never condemned homosexuality or Gay or Lesbian people. Period. And obviously God did not think it was the grave "sin" that you and others think it may be otherwise He would have written an Eleventh Commandment condemning it only He didn't. The Scriptures that are used by bigots to try to throw at Gay people to condemn them are actually speaking to other things very different than the condemnation of homosexuals. Biblical scholars have brought that out time and time and again and I would be glad to show you what they say about those Scriptures if you are interested.

The "sin" in both Heterosexual AND Homosexual orientations is not that people are Heterosexual or Homosexual in and of itself but that they are promiscuous. That is what God abhors and what Jesus told the woman at the well that she should "go and sin no more" about. He was speaking to her promiscuity. You have to remember that she was not Gay or a Lesbian.

The Constitution was written so that states would not be empowered to overturn or defy U.S. Supreme Court rulings with their own laws. That is clearly understood by law scholars and all others with clear-thinking minds. The SCOTUS ruling becomes the Law of the Land. End of story.
    again, leave jesus be for christ's sake....this is a mental illness issue plain and simple....

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    That's a most reasonable request since it truly belongs to them in the first place.
    that has got to take the cake for the stupidest statement of the day....land belongs only to the one able and willing to hold it son...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GRUMPY For This Useful Post:

Cthulhu (05-12-2015)

+ Reply to Thread