Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'you're taking over our country

I guess theres no question now the guy was white

Police identify S.C. shooting suspect as Dylann Roof — killer slaughtered nine at historic black church, reloaded FIVE TIMES amid prayer service

The suspected Charleston church gunman who slaughtered nine worshipers during Wednesday night Bible study has been identified as Dylann Storm Roof.
    The 21-year-old — who is still on the loose — was named by the FBI early Thursday, the Post and Courier reported.
    Nine people died during the massacre inside Charleston’s Mother Emanuel AME Church Wednesday night. Roof fled the church in his dark sedan after the shooting.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2262222
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Common Sense

I'm going to wait until this is substantiated, but this is what I was referring to yesterday about the ideology that was ingrained in American history. You see comments like that on pretty much every forum that has a good number of conservative ideologies represented, because it attracts this type of element to it.

But, in light of the recent NAACP scandal, it's only prudent to make sure this guy wasn't some light skinned person trying to be white.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (06-18-2015),Common Sense (06-18-2015)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    @Common Sense

I'm going to wait until this is substantiated, but this is what I was referring to yesterday about the ideology that was ingrained in American history. You see comments like that on pretty much every forum that has a good number of conservative ideologies represented, because it attracts this type of element to it.

But, in light of the recent NAACP scandal, it's only prudent to make sure this guy wasn't some light skinned person trying to be white.
    I guess you meant me not common sense since I started the thread. I agree with you
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I guess you meant me not common sense since I started the thread. I agree with you
    I knew you would get the notification from my quote, but I wanted to specifically notify CS about a discussion that took place yesterday.

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    I knew you would get the notification from my quote, but I wanted to specifically notify CS about a discussion that took place yesterday.
    NO problem I dont see how anyone could doubt the guy is white.

I view this a bit differently than most would I guess. Yes it was a racial crime but I believe anyone capable of doing what this guy did, would be capable of shooting up an all white school or going into the post office and randomly shooting innocents.

My point is that a nut does what a nut does and its only a matter of what the fuse is that sets the bomb off. This fuse was a black church.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 886
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    southwest88's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 826x in 625 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should we be surprised?

We have a lot of guns readily available in the US, the economic & jobs picture is bleak. Middle class & lower people are under a lot of stress. We don't have readily available mental health care where the stress is highest. The future is increasingly bleak for people with low job skills & without the adaptability to either reinvent themselves, or move somewhere where they can participate in a more inclusive community. We have too many rootless, unconnected young men - who don't have social networks, who can't or won't access the mental health care that is available.

The 24/7 news media are forever leading with the most striking pictures &/or gore, sometimes both. Given that cameras are everywhere, guns are everywhere, & that people snap under stress - it is no wonder that we have random shootings/killings of one sort or another from time to time. In this aspect, we now have in the US the foremost Zombie Press in the First World - they consume brains, they converge on the most horrible scenes with all the ardor of great white sharks in a feeding frenzy.

It is appalling that Roof, the apparent shooter in SC, killed a pastor & other people @ a prayer meeting in church. My sympathies to the survivors of the dead & the wounded. @ the same time, if Roof is the shooter, & convicted & sent to prison - I expect he'll die within months, by violence.

The people who might have argued for sparing him are precisely the people he targeted - a pastor & state senator, & the other good people in that church who were guilty of attending a prayer meeting. I doubt that we'll ever get a coherent explanation for what Roof thought he was doing. Mostly, he was doing evil. May it die with him.

@ some point - as the toll of economic distress & social disconnection & disrupted family possibilities play out more & more in the streets - we as a country will have to look @ the long-term costs v. the short-term costs of addressing the underlying issues for these seemingly random outbursts. There may not be much we can actually do - but we need to look & see if there is anything, & - if it's reasonable - make room in our budgeting & planning to perform any activities that will help reduce the random violence.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to southwest88 For This Useful Post:

PolWatch (06-18-2015)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Redrose's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,463x in 4,722 Posts
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many churches in our area have armed gurads. Last year some received threats. Our Catholic Church hasn't received any threats, and our Pastor doesn't want armed guards, he's naive and foolish in that respect. Several of the ushers are retired cops and carry.

It's unfortunate there wasn't someone armed in the prayer service and could take the shooter out. Those poor people were just sitting ducks for that SOB.

We will see more of that I fear. There is such a tense racial divide right now, stemming from the police issues and the way it's been advertised and politicized, it feeds those hate filled types to act.

Very sad.

It's not a gun issue. Churches have been bombed and some set on fire out of hatred.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,555x in 94,977 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back home this punk would have been shot by several church goers real fast.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (06-18-2015)

+ Reply to Thread