Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 17x in 16 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.45 bounced off of me, once.

it was a reload of mine, so weak that I had to shorten both the recoil and mainsprings to get it to cycle the slide reliably. I was 18, could not get powder thru the mail then (1970) I'd run out of Unique, for which the Lee Handloader .45 scoop was intended. I had no powder scale. My .38 Speciall Lee Handloader set had a scoop for 2.7 grs of Bullseye powder. I had no reloading manual. So I made a scoop out of a cut down .38 case, using a twist of baling wire as a handle, throwing about 3.5 grs of BE powder. I used a very soft, pure lead alloy to cast the 230 gr lrn bullet.

a coworker and I (evening shift, Shell station) were shooting primer-only wax ammo. I was reloading more of such ammo and didn't see that he'd grabbed the magful of live ammo that I'd laid aside. He fired a wax load, then cycled the slide and shot me with the lead bulleted load.

I was struck in my large, western style belt buckle. it left a welt that I discovered later. the impact angle was about 45 degrees. The buckled was dented/grooved. the bullet struck a concrete block wall, flattened out like a nickel, passed thru a cardboard box (edgewise, looked like a knife stab) struck a couple of cardboard qt cans of antifreeze right where they touched. dented them both and fell down into the box.

I felt a hard, concentrated blow, but nothing else. Several guys haver repeatedly shot themselves, on video with various loads, while wearing concealable body armor that they sell, and then shoot target to show that they are not disabled (at all). Here's the first such guy, Rich Davis of SecondChance body armor

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    gettit's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 17x in 16 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John THOUGHT that he was shooting me with a wax load. even THOSE cause massible blood blisters, i'd have beaten the crap out of him over THAT. He was one of these fumble fingered guys who can't figure out how to work the slide, catch the ejected rd, and load another. Wax ammo won't cycle the slide nor feed from a mag. it looks like a fired rd, the entire wax "bullet" is inside of the brass cartridge casing. He knew that (somehow) the mag locks the slide back for you, but he did NOT know that this only occurs when the mag has no more ammo in it. HE was stupidly unaware that when he cycled the slide, he'd put a live rd into the firing chamber.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    silvereyes's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,850x in 4,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)