Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
I think the people who drive with one hand on a smart phone and one hand on a cheeseburger or choc malt or whatever and change lanes using their knee to turn the steering wheel might like not having to actually drive. Same thing for people who get up in the morning and throw on their clothes and drive to work with just enough time to not be late might like the extra stress filled minutes to sleep instead. There is always fear of change, especially if its a big change. 10 or 20 years in people will look back and think "how did they live like that."
I know what you mean, but in the case of driverless cars I honestly don't believe that's ever going to happen, to any degree. Unless, as I said before, it happens to a generation that has never driven and really doesn't understand what all is entailed in navigating through city traffic - the complex situations, the insanity and the incompetence that you have to allow and compensate for, and the split-second decisions one has to make in order to stay alive and keep your vehicle in one piece. If cars and trucks had a top speed of, say, 15 mph, I might be comfortable with it. Maybe.