Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,463x in 4,722 Posts
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Considering that I've been Black longer than you, I think I'm safe in saying that I can bet, based on the numerous and searchable Threads on Black People on this Forum, that most here don't give a $#@! about Black People ... and don't give a white about those people in those Thread.

You can always go back a search those Threads ... or not.
    I would not say 'most'. Of course there are racists on this forum and all other forums, white racists and black racists. We would be kidding ourselves if we thought racism will end, it never will. The best we can hope for is a society where racism is almost non-existant. I thought we got there when Obama was elected in '08. I was wrong. A black man became the most powerful politician in the world. Sadly, the race baitors had to work overtime to keep the races pitted against each other or they'd be out of a job.

I'm going to blame the media again, they give the racist leaders air time, which I feel is wrong. That helps feed the tensions and turmoil.

You're right you've been black longer than me. lol I'm not black, I'm white but I have been able to see things a bit better from my step-daughter's family and her black husband. I see how his family sees us, I see the distrust of 'anyone white' and the bigotted attitude. They were not happy he married a white girl and said so very often. My husband's family was not thrilled either but remained silent, phony really. It's been 16 years they're married and when we are all in the same room, his family and our family say very little to each other, basically one word answers given with a faint smile. You could cut the tension with a knife. It shouldn't be that way. The kids can pick up on that stuff. The four kids look black and identify with their father's family more than their mom's family.

We're all the same but different. People will always be more comfortable with those they can identify with. Maybe one day that will change. We can only hope.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whatukno View Post
    Oh please, don't start pretending NOW that the right wing gives one flying $#@! about black people. They sure as $#@! haven't for the last 40 years.

Being pro choice is a CHOICE, it's not a requirement, if a person CHOOSES to get an abortion, they can, it's legal here in the United States. Sure, they could give their child up for adoption, but that's not the choice that pro choice people make sometimes.

"wah wah, planned parenthood kills black babies" They sure as hell don't FORCE anyone to have an abortion.

Na, make sure those babies are born, so that the right can not give two $#@!s about them till they turn 18 and can go die in a pointless corporate war somewhere.
    where do you get the idea that the right cares nothing about blacks. Maybe those of us on the right out here don't care what color you are as long as you're SANE. and love this country. I don't see the left with any black candidates. I don't see the left with successful and well supported black candidates and sitting senators and representatives. The left hates any black conservative and does anything it can to destroy them.

secondly...planned parenthood, well supported by the left, is responsible for the deaths of about half of black America...is that called loving blacks? But forget that...now they're selling dead baby parts and that does mean dead black baby parts. You can't see the horror in that? It's all for research and that makes it okay? Dr. Mengele is laughing his head off in hell.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whatukno View Post
    Oh please, don't start pretending NOW that the right wing gives one flying $#@! about black people. They sure as $#@! haven't for the last 40 years.

Being pro choice is a CHOICE, it's not a requirement, if a person CHOOSES to get an abortion, they can, it's legal here in the United States. Sure, they could give their child up for adoption, but that's not the choice that pro choice people make sometimes.

"wah wah, planned parenthood kills black babies" They sure as hell don't FORCE anyone to have an abortion.

Na, make sure those babies are born, so that the right can not give two $#@!s about them till they turn 18 and can go die in a pointless corporate war somewhere.
    ^^Rhetorically overdosing
    my junk is ugly

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol @ conservatives4palin - like she's running for anything, or staying on the job for that matter.

Catchy concept, perfect for RW junkheads. Otherwise fairly pointless.
    my junk is ugly

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    PolWatch's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 25,148x in 15,266 Posts
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it makes perfect sense to compare the confederate battle flag to the anti-choice movement....in the brain of she-who-must-not-be-named & her followers.
    Through all of our running and all of our cunning, if we couldn't laugh we just would go insane. - Jimmy Buffett

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    AeonPax's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,101x in 1,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

`

Since the far right lost two of their big concerns, ACA and SSM, it looks to be back to their old cause célèbre; Abortion. Personally, I've seen so many abortion discussions turn into massive emotional fights where no one ever wins, I usually avoid the topic. It's always a no-win situation. I can count on no hands, the times I've seen two people from opposing sides agree on something pertaining this issue. For my part, I am against abortion as a lifestyle choice and favor it when rape, incest or the mothers health is in peril. However, the decision for a woman to chose abortion as a legal and personal choice, is sacrosanct with me.

Carry on.
    `

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AeonPax For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-27-2015),PolWatch (07-27-2015),Ravens Fan (07-29-2015),Safety (07-27-2015),southwest88 (07-27-2015)

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    PolWatch's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 25,148x in 15,266 Posts
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AeonPax View Post

`

Since the far right lost two of their big concerns, ACA and SSM, it looks to be back to their old cause célèbre; Abortion. Personally, I've seen so many abortion discussions turn into massive emotional fights where no one ever wins, I usually avoid the topic. It's always a no-win situation. I can count on no hands, the times I've seen two people from opposing sides agree on something pertaining this issue. For my part, I am against abortion as a lifestyle choice and favor it when rape, incest or the mothers health is in peril. However, the decision for a woman to chose abortion as a legal and personal choice, is sacrosanct with me.

Carry on.
    I feel that some decisions are very personal and should be up to those directly involved and their doctors. There is no room in a womb for politicians, preachers or nosy neighbors. Like you, I've learned to avoid the hysteria on the subject.
    Through all of our running and all of our cunning, if we couldn't laugh we just would go insane. - Jimmy Buffett

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PolWatch For This Useful Post:

AeonPax (07-27-2015),Ravens Fan (07-29-2015),Safety (07-27-2015),southwest88 (07-29-2015)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PolWatch View Post
    it makes perfect sense to compare the confederate battle flag to the anti-choice movement....in the brain of she-who-must-not-be-named & her followers.
    There's a couple of overlapping political issues there that boil down to basically a catchy meme but otherwise nothing worth serious discussion.
    my junk is ugly

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

PolWatch (07-27-2015)

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christians have never stopped caring about abortion. Christians and conservatives, unlike the left are able to concentrate on more than one issue at a time. It is abhorrent to me to know we kill babies in the womb. It is stunning to me that anyone thinks it is okay. It is unthinkable to me that there are people who are performing the procedure less 'crunchy' so that they can get more bang for their BUCK in selling the parts. See...that is ghoulish. THAT is evil. I don't care what color the baby is. It's a human being. An Infant, viable in this day and age.

Clearly the left has tied its body parts business to the business of abortion. Sorta like good will if you'll excuse the comparison. Would be mother walks in to PP and pays for the procedure (subsidize by all of us)and then DONATES her dead baby...oh excuse me, CLUMP. OF. CELLS to PP and they sell it to waiting markets.

I vaguely remember from WWII that the practice of research thru the death and sale of dead persons of any age was at the very least frowned upon. What a brave new world we live in when we prey on the very young and the elderly.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 07-27-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cigar's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,276x in 9,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrose View Post
    I would not say 'most'. Of course there are racists on this forum and all other forums, white racists and black racists. We would be kidding ourselves if we thought racism will end, it never will. The best we can hope for is a society where racism is almost non-existant. I thought we got there when Obama was elected in '08. I was wrong. A black man became the most powerful politician in the world. Sadly, the race baitors had to work overtime to keep the races pitted against each other or they'd be out of a job.

I'm going to blame the media again, they give the racist leaders air time, which I feel is wrong. That helps feed the tensions and turmoil.

You're right you've been black longer than me. lol I'm not black, I'm white but I have been able to see things a bit better from my step-daughter's family and her black husband. I see how his family sees us, I see the distrust of 'anyone white' and the bigotted attitude. They were not happy he married a white girl and said so very often. My husband's family was not thrilled either but remained silent, phony really. It's been 16 years they're married and when we are all in the same room, his family and our family say very little to each other, basically one word answers given with a faint smile. You could cut the tension with a knife. It shouldn't be that way. The kids can pick up on that stuff. The four kids look black and identify with their father's family more than their mom's family.

We're all the same but different. People will always be more comfortable with those they can identify with. Maybe one day that will change. We can only hope.

It's the year 2015, people will not be silent anymore. Just because you don't wnatto hear it, don't mean it's not going to be called out.

Gone are the days of not speaking up.

+ Reply to Thread