Mac-7's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,887x in 4,879 Posts
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't own a crystal ball so I really can't say that Trump will not rock the boat and end up sinking the GOP as the leftwingers are predicting.

Or he could put some spine in the rest of the republican field.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,257
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,050x in 8,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac-7 View Post
    As one of the lowest common conservatives I wonder if the elite liberals really do outnumber us.

The dummies like myself believe in protecting the border and stopping the flood of illegal aliens.

and we believe that all the trade deals your party and my party have made in the last 25 years have been bad for America.

But I suppose the beautiful people on the left scoff at such simple opinions.
    You're starting at the wrong end of the equation. If you don't want illegals streaming into the country you have to go after the people who employ them in a significant way. If there is no attraction, they will not come. So long as there are employers who are willing to capitalize on illegal labor, you can build a 10 foot high wall, with barbed wire and people will still get smuggled in, even if they have to take boats or come in from a different border.

Oh and FYI, I may be liberal, but I'm not a Democrat and not a big supporter of free trade agreements.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,690
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mac-7's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    You're starting at the wrong end of the equation. If you don't want illegals streaming into the country you have to go after the people who employ them in a significant way. If there is no attraction, they will not come. So long as there are employers who are willing to capitalize on illegal labor, you can build a 10 foot high wall, with barbed wire and people will still get smuggled in, even if they have to take boats or come in from a different border.

Oh and FYI, I may be liberal, but I'm not a Democrat and not a big supporter of free trade agreements.
    I don't mind punishing employers who knowingly hire illegals.

But it is the federal governments job to stop them at the border not private companies.

when you have millions of illegals with fake documents swarming like ants it's not employers job to fix the problem.

As for no attraction how about coming to America and having an anchor baby?

then food stamps and welfare?

Or coming to America in hopes of amnesty and citizenship?

Or coming to America to be a gang banger and drug smuggler?

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,257
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,050x in 8,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind punishing employers who knowingly hire illegals.

But it is the federal governments job to stop them at the border not private companies.

when you have millions of illegals with fake documents swarming like ants it's not employers job to fix the problem.

As for no attraction how about coming to America and having an anchor baby?

then food stamps and welfare?

Or coming to America in hopes of amnesty and citizenship?

Or coming to America to be a gang banger and drug smuggler?
    The border with Mexico is 1,933 miles long. Even with a fence, people would still tunnel under it. It would take the entire armed services to patrol it unless they can find a high tech way of accomplishing the same thing without an actual fence and troops.

Employers can defeat fraudulent identification by using a combination of the federal government’s E-Verify and Social Security Number Verification Service systems and by signing up for the federal government’s IMAGE program or privately conducted audits. Ignorance or apathy has never really been a defense under the law. Also if all States signed up for E-Verify, it would go a long way to helping defeat identity theft, rather than leaving the entire job to the feds to police.

As to having an anchor baby - perhaps the law should be changed so people are not automatic American citizens simply by virtue of birth location.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Redrose's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,463x in 4,722 Posts
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Cigar;1203215]Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said in an interview on Sunday that the GOP’s 2016 presidential field must unite against Democrat Hillary Clinton.

“The name-calling has got to stop from everywhere,” Priebus told host John Catsimatidis on “The Cats Roundtable” on New York’s AM 970.

“It doesn’t get us closer to beating Hillary Clinton,” he said of the Democratic front-runner.

The Hill:

Having idiots as candidates doesn't get you close either... [/QUOTE]

....sure it can.

Attachment 12236

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Achievements:
    maineman's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,948x in 2,401 Posts
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As one of the lowest common conservatives I wonder if the elite liberals really do outnumber us.

The dummies like myself believe in protecting the border and stopping the flood of illegal aliens.

and we believe that all the trade deals your party and my party have made in the last 25 years have been bad for America.

But I suppose the beautiful people on the left scoff at such simple opinions.
    do elite liberals outnumber knuckle dragging, mouth breathing conservatives? Who cares?

The middle of the bell curve will elect the president. They always do.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to maineman For This Useful Post:

The Sage of Main Street (08-04-2015)

Achievements:
    Mac-7's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    The border with Mexico is 1,933 miles long. Even with a fence, people would still tunnel under it. It would take the entire armed services to patrol it unless they can find a high tech way of accomplishing the same thing without an actual fence and troops.

Employers can defeat fraudulent identification by using a combination of the federal government’s E-Verify and Social Security Number Verification Service systems and by signing up for the federal government’s IMAGE program or privately conducted audits. Ignorance or apathy has never really been a defense under the law. Also if all States signed up for E-Verify, it would go a long way to helping defeat identity theft, rather than leaving the entire job to the feds to police.

As to having an anchor baby - perhaps the law should be changed so people are not automatic American citizens simply by virtue of birth location.
    I'm not against anything that will improve the illegal alien problem.

E--verify is a worthy idea but it's not a cure-all because government programs always look better in theory than they turn out to be in actual practice.

A serious effort would involve around the clock PSA's telling employers what to do and warning them of serious consequences if they don't.

My information is that E-Verify is not fully operational and it would take a more capable administration than the one in office now to make it work.

But we still need to seal the border.

Which is a difficult task but far from impossible.

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Achievements:
    maineman's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,948x in 2,401 Posts
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say again: sealing the border is silly. stop the availability of jobs, and the VAST majority of folks from Latin America won't come, and this who are here will go back. It's SO easy to do: throw the CEO's of McCain, Tyson and Perdue into prison for ten years each and - presto - the jobs all disappear.

The fact that lettuce will also disappear from the grocery store is a small price to pay for getting all those beaners back to where they belong, eh?

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,704
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,310x in 8,305 Posts
    Mentioned
    669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think anybody is gonna listen to that little pipsqueak?

SpongeReince PriebPants has all the clout of an overcook stick of angel hair pasta.

Achievements:
    Mac-7's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    I say again: sealing the border is silly. stop the availability of jobs, and the VAST majority of folks from Latin America won't come, and this who are here will go back. It's SO easy to do: throw the CEO's of McCain, Tyson and Perdue into prison for ten years each and - presto - the jobs all disappear.

The fact that lettuce will also disappear from the grocery store is a small price to pay for getting all those beaners back to where they belong, eh?
    I you hope that the govegemt effort against illegal employment is effective.

And you hope thecpoor of the world react as you expect.

But what if they are starving in their home country and just come here for a free meal?

Your way leaves all the decisions up to poor people in foreign countries rather than the American people.

For that reason your suggestion is not acceptable.

+ Reply to Thread