Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 789x in 646 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carygrant View Post
    Even if true , what an abysmal record over the time period . At least two a minute should be God's target .
    Elsewhere you referred to the Israel situation as "proof" .
    We will agree to differ because I find such "reasonoing " embarrassingly bankrupt .

And in my system , so does God .
    Paul was another bigot who ended up rewriting matters to suit his personal strategy and view points . And what a fine mess that produced .
    lets just leave it that you and I will never agree and let it go at that.. you give me opinion but that is all you have.. I have given bibical text to back my points.. TATA
    The eastern world, it is exploding, violence flaring bullets loading. you are old enough to kill , but not for voting, this whole crazy world is just to frustrating, and you tell me over and over and over again my friend, you don't believe we are on the EVE of DESTRUCTION.

Never approach a bull from the front, A horse from behind, or a fool from any direction.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Carygrant's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 282x in 246 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't let that go .
    The Bible is not about facts fact though there are many included .Nor is it a special sort of facts Book containing Biblical Facts .
    Logic does not work that way .
    No . It is a collection of memoirs and scholars writing as victors .
    Opinions .
    And some of these opinions look very dodgy , being charitable , when read against earlier Essene manuscripts .

It is a matter of Fact ( Fact! ) that you and others were bought up conditioned to the Bible as it was then . Since we have seen the enormous amount of discovered new material , and old style Christianity is as out of date as is believing in a flat Earth , for example .

Repent Winger before God punishes you for the sin of pride !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Carygrant; 09-06-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    wingrider's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't let that go .
    The Bible is not about facts fact though there are many included .Nor is it a special sort of facts Book containing Biblical Facts .
    Opinions .
    And some of these opinions look very dodgy , being charitable , when read against earlier Essene manuscripts .

It is a matter of Fact ( Fact! ) that you and others were bought up conditioned to the Bible as it was then . Since we have seen the enormous amount of discovered new material , and old style Christianity is as out of date as is believing in a flat Earth , for example .

LMAO... now that was funny.. thanks for the chuckle
    The eastern world, it is exploding, violence flaring bullets loading. you are old enough to kill , but not for voting, this whole crazy world is just to frustrating, and you tell me over and over and over again my friend, you don't believe we are on the EVE of DESTRUCTION.

Never approach a bull from the front, A horse from behind, or a fool from any direction.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    shaarona's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 444x in 384 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't let that go .
    Opinions .

I find that sometimes it helps to put things in historical context.

To consider what "prophet" meant to the Jewish sages.

http://www.jewfaq.org/prophet.htm
    Last edited by shaarona; 09-06-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    simple definition of prophet ,, One who is called by God to deliver Gods pronouncements to the people.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingrider View Post
    never a prophecy written more that 100 years from its fulfillment,, I can show you lots of them but lets stick with just one,,David wrote the psalms correct? now David lived 1000 years before Christ was even born .. yet in PSalms 22 he vividly describes the crucifiction of Christ 800 years before the Romans used it for exeuting prisoners,,

thats one.

try this one for size

Zechariah 14 >>
    New American Standard Bible

12Now this will be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples who have gone to war against Jerusalem; their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongue will rot in their mouth.

this is a pretty darn good description of what happens to a human body during a nuclear blast,, this was written 2700 hundered years before the invention of the atomic bomb
    I have never seen what a nuclear blast does to a human body..

Leviticus and Deuteronomy were written during and after the Bbylonian exile.. Genesis and Exodus were written next.. That's why the stories of Gen. and Ex so closely resemble the far older mythos of Sumer and the Ugarit.

Or..... some scholars think that around 500 BC there was a major rewrite... Either way, the old testament text that have come down to us evolves around 539 BC or shortly there after.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaarona View Post
    I have never seen what a nuclear blast does to a human body..

Leviticus and Deuteronomy were written during and after the Bbylonian exile.. Genesis and Exodus were written next.. That's why the stories of Gen. and Ex so closely resemble the far older mythos of Sumer and the Ugarit.

Or..... some scholars think that around 500 BC there was a major rewrite... Either way, the old testament text that have come down to us evolves around 539 BC or shortly there after.
    the first 5 books of the Torah were written by Moses, somewhere around 1400 BC.. so I don't get where your claim of the babylonian exile which was around 630 BC. also logic tells us that there had to be earlier writings of
    the Torah because without it how could the priests ( Levites ) have taught the laws even David spoke of the commandments and his writings are dated to about 1000 BC.

you want to see the results of a nuclear explosion? check out the damage done to japan.. and read the reports of it

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingrider View Post
    the first 5 books of the Torah were written by Moses, somewhere around 1400 BC.. so I don't get where your claim of the babylonian exile which was around 630 BC. also logic tells us that there had to be earlier writings of
    the Torah because without it how could the priests ( Levites ) have taught the laws even David spoke of the commandments and his writings are dated to about 1000 BC.

you want to see the results of a nuclear explosion? check out the damage done to japan.. and read the reports of it
    I haven't seen any photos of bodies such as you describe.

I don't think King David wrote all the Psalms... actually a little less than half are attributed to David.

There are no scholars that believe Moses wrote the Pentateuch.. Actually there are no scholars that believe the Exodus story as it is told.. and there is no evidence for it. There is evidence that Sinai belonged to Egypt and was under the control of Egyptian soldiers. The garrisons protected a number of Canaanite towns that were involved in mining , metallurgy and pottery making. These towns paid tribute to Pharaoh.

There are also a number of other problems having to do with pasture and water for an additional two million people and their herds of livestock. Sinai can't support that kind of population even now.

That doesn't mean the story doesn't have value.. Its a tale of redemption and forgiveness.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsSocial
    waltky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,140x in 1,616 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Granny says, "Dat's right, it says in Joel inna Bible there gonna be swarms o' locusts right before the Day of the Lord - come Lord Jesus!...

Locust Swarms Forming in West Africa
    October 23, 2012 - Four countries in West Africa have been put on alert for the likely arrival of swarms of Desert Locusts. If uncontrolled, a small swarm can eat the same amount of food in one day as 35-thousand people.
    Locust swarms are currently forming in Chad, northern Mali and northern Niger. But expert Keith Cressman said they’re not expected to stay there very long. “As we’re at the end of the rainy season, the vegetation is drying out, conditions are becoming unfavorable for Desert Locusts, the swarms will then move. And they will move in a northerly direction, and we’re expecting them to move towards Libya, Algeria, parts of southern Morocco and northwestern Mauritania” said Cressman, Senior Locust Forecasting Officer for the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization. He described the locusts’ arrival as imminent.

Locusts can be found just about any time of the year in the world’s deserts, but usually in low numbers. “However,” he said, “when conditions are extremely favorable – that is, where there are good rains in the desert and there’s natural vegetation that becomes green – those locusts can increase very rapidly in numbers, some 16-fold with every generation. When these locust numbers increase, they change their behavior from that of a solitarius locust to one that becomes part of a group. And they form what we call concentrations of locusts, which is commonly known as swarms.”

The locusts change their appearance, too. Wingless nymphs are normally green when in low numbers, but change to yellow and black in high numbers. Winged adults, which are normally brown, turn a bright pink and those ready to lay eggs are a bright yellow. A swarm can contain tens of millions of locusts. The FAO has been able to monitor the growing swarms in Niger and Chad. However, Cressman said northern Mali is another matter. Conflict has prevented survey teams from entering the area.

More Locust Swarms Forming in West Africa

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Ivan88's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 348x in 306 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the Biblical Prophecies were fulfilled by Christ and His destruction of Jerusalem.

Everything since then is re-runs.

Christendom has had a 1000 Armageddons over the last 1900 years or so, all because they adopted Pharisee doctrines.

The war crazies can have another Armageddon if they insist.

But, Armageddon is not God's Will, Intent, Desire, nor is it Biblical or historical inevitability.

Haven't we had enough Armageddons already.

Furthermore, Russia is not Gog and Magog.
    http://mysite.verizon.net/ress8ouv/w...litaintrussia/

You war crazies keep it up. Mother nature's got a present for you. Attachment 817

+ Reply to Thread