Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 47x in 36 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Religious Misinterpretations!

Do you think self-flagellationis the true religion of Islam?! The following is the full text of the speech given by Ayatollah Khamenei, supreme leader of Islamic Republic of Iran: Tatbir is one of the wrong doings. I know some will say: ''It would have been proper if he had not talked about Tatbir.'' They will say: ''What do you have to do with Tatbir? Some people practice it, let them do so!'' No! One cannot remain silent towards such a wrong action. It is wrong that some people hold daggers and hit themselves on the head to bleed. What are they seeking?! How can this be an act of mourning?! Of course hitting on the head with one’s hands is a sign of mourning. You have seen it several times that when people face suffering, they hit on their chests and heads. This is a typical symbol of mourning. But where have you ever seen a person who is suffering from the loss of a dear one, hit on their head with a dagger and make it bleed?! How can this be a form of mourning? Tatbir [Qame Zani] is a fabricated tradition. It is among the issues that does not belong to the religion and undoubtedly God is not also pleased with such a practice. The more I thought about it, the more truly I realized I cannot overlook informing our dear people about Tatbir - which is certainly an act of wrongdoing and a heresy. Do not practice it! I do not approve of it. If someone does something to pretend that they want to practice Tatbir, I will be truly dissatisfied with them. I am declaring this solemnly. Ayatollah Khamenei, June 07, 1994

notice

Notice

Extremely disturbing graphics have been removed via consensus of Moderation. Please do not post bloody, gory images as they are disturbing and vulgar to many of our members. Thank you.

If you have questions or concerns about this moderation action, please use the Report button to let us know.
    Last edited by oceanloverOH; 12-15-2013 at 12:18 PM.
    Imam Ali (a):

By Allah, even if I am given all the domains of the seven (stars) with all that exists under the skies in order that I may disobey Allah to the extent of snatching one grain of barley from an ant I would not do it

Nahj al-Balaghah - Sermon 224
    http://www.al-islam.org/nahj/

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    S L H's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 11x in 11 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I think religion is a waste of time and religion is responsible for much of the ills in the world thankfully people are starting to move away from religion in large numbers and hopefully there will come a day when the silly notion of faith and its ancient barbaric principles are completely eradicated from the earth in exchange for humanism

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 589
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocialCreated Album picturesVeteran10000 Experience Points
    McCool's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 205x in 154 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S L H View Post
    Personally I think religion is a waste of time and religion is responsible for much of the ills in the world thankfully people are starting to move away from religion in large numbers and hopefully there will come a day when the silly notion of faith and its ancient barbaric principles are completely eradicated from the earth in exchange for humanism
    I'm a Christian, and honestly, I don't see anything "barbaric" about my day to day belief system.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

-- Oscar Wilde

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,430
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Codename Section's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,845x in 7,281 Posts
    Mentioned
    983 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Hassan

the picture is too graphic.

+ Reply to Thread