Thanks Given
    Thanked 127x in 102 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The Bush Tax Cuts

Quote Originally Posted by spunkloaf View Post
    I think the best answers come when you ask questions.

What would happen if we eliminated some government services which are paid for by our taxes?

What would happen if we imposed a flat tax, and what should the percentage be?

How do we realistically create jobs?

I'm not sure about the first 2 questions, but I have an idea for the third. I think America really needs to compete harder in the world job market. It used to be that people came to America for our jobs (which is better than worse), now they come here for our free $#@! (which isn't good at all). Our population needs a revival, something to re-motivate us. Our economy is reflecting our weakening culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by conley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spunkloaf View Post
    I think the best answers come when you ask questions.

What would happen if we eliminated some government services which are paid for by our taxes?

What would happen if we imposed a flat tax, and what should the percentage be?

How do we realistically create jobs?

I'm not sure about the first 2 questions, but I have an idea for the third. I think America really needs to compete harder in the world job market. It used to be that people came to America for our jobs (which is better than worse), now they come here for our free $#@! (which isn't good at all). Our population needs a revival, something to re-motivate us. Our economy is reflecting our weakening culture.
    I don't think many people come here for 'free $#@!', only Mexicans. Isn't it Venezuela where they have huge government handouts backed by their oil profits? There are many countries that hand out 'free $#@!' a lot more than the U.S. -- Canada, the entire EU, parts of S.A., etc.

Our economy sucks not because we spend a lot on illegals but because we've poured billions and billions into wars, rather than investing in America. Now you can say that we already spend too much on education, and we certainly don't get our money's worth in that department, but there is something else that's missing from this debate. Infrastructure. Spending on American infrastructure would give a huge boost to the lower middle class / manual labor contingent -- there are your jobs right there -- and it's something that is sorely needed. Water mains are blowing up all over, the roads are full of potholes, there are traffic problems everywhere, and so on. From a security standpoint, our air traffic control is out dated, we have insecure and outdated nuclear facilities, questionable electrical grids, and so many other problems. While I think healthcare and education are more controversial, does anyone here think basic infrastructure is a-ok?
    this has got to be the dumbest pile of tripe i have ever read....are you insane conley, really....

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I started a new thread for the infrastructure tangent...this is pretty wild:

http://politirant.com/rants/the-san-...made-in-china/

ps tripe is pretty tasty actually

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    spunkloaf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 807x in 609 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vermouth View Post
    Or better yet we could have cut costs.
    Hi Vermouth, great to see you!
    Faith can move mountains, but don't forget to bring your shovel.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 391
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Juggernaut's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obama doesn't know what he's doing, that's why Bill Clinton held his hand after Christmas explaining why taxes must remain low. Obama doesn't get it and he looked weak having a previous potus explain what could have been loaded in the teleprompter. What a joke!

25% corporate taxes will ignite manufacturing and make us more competitive at home and overseas. We can't sell in many countries at a discount due to higher labor and tax costs, yet dems have screamed for years demanding we raise taxes. DUMB and reckless and our feckless leader has ranted the same.

The only reasons we can sell cheaper in the EU is because of a weaker dollar to euro plus Bush cut regulations and tarrifs to make export cheaper. The Bush tax cuts worked as intended but we needed to cut costs and spending to make them work. Both parties spent regardless and the economic decline caught up with us. It was coming as Dems refused to change banking laws, instead they obstructed reform whining racist stupidity. Dems are dumber than the other dumb party.

+ Reply to Thread