Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,562x in 94,407 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Spy Satellite Secrets in Hillary’s Emails

Hillary's emails, not so innocent.

As details emerge, the talking points about the emails are falling apart.

These weren’t just ordinary secrets found in Clinton’s private server, but some of the most classified material the U.S. government has.

After months of denials and delaying actions, Hillary Clinton has decided to turn over her private email server to the Department of Justice. As this controversy has grown since the spring, Clinton and her campaign operatives have repeatedly denied that she had placed classified information in her personal email while serving as Secretary of State during President Obama’s first term. (“I am confident that I never sent nor received any information that was classified at the time it was sent and received,” she said last month.) Her team also denied that she would ever hand over her server to investigators. Now both those assertions have been overturned.

Hillary Clinton has little choice but to hand over her server to authorities since it now appears increasingly likely that someone on her staff violated federal laws regarding the handling of classified materials. On August 11, after extensive investigation, the Intelligence Community’s Inspector General reported to Congress that it had found several violations of security policy in Clinton’s personal emails.

Most seriously, the Inspector General assessed that Clinton’s emails included information that was highly classified—yet mislabeled as unclassified. Worse, the information in question should have been classified up to the level of “TOP SECRET//SI//TK//NOFORN,” according to the Inspector General’s report.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 2,023
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,449x in 11,739 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'd love it if Fox news could go an hour without talking about it. It's irritating to hear the same story every hour, at least.

Let a proper investigation be done. Assess the emails and decide the outcome of the investigation. I don't see the need to bring it up so often, except to perhaps try and slow her momentum which is what has happened.

Quite frankly, I don't give a $#@!. Before it became public knowledge her server was probably safer than the government server she should have been using - who would have thought to try and hack her private server for State Department emails? It seems like not many people realized officials were frequently using private email until this story initially came out, myself included. But given the government track record in recent times for protecting data... was it wrong to use her personal email? Of course, but I'm not sure I have confidence that a government server would have been more secure.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsSocial
    waltky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,140x in 1,616 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Mebbe gonna spy on Rocket Boy...

US Launches Spy Satellite From California
    September 24, 2017 — A spy satellite for the U.S. National Reconnaissance Office has been launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.
    A United Launch Alliance Atlas 5 rocket carrying the classified NROL-42 satellite lifted off at 10:49 p.m. PDT Saturday. All systems were going well when the launch webcast concluded about three minutes into the flight.

A SpaceX rocket carrying a satellite lifts off from Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., Aug. 24, 2017. The United Launch Alliance sent a U.S. National Reconnaissance Office spy satellite into orbit Saturday.

National Reconnaissance Office satellites gather intelligence information for U.S. national security and an array of other purposes including assessing impacts of natural disasters.

U.S. officials have not revealed what the spacecraft will be doing or what its orbit will be. United Launch Alliance is a joint venture of Lockheed Martin and Boeing.

https://www.voanews.com/a/us-launche...e/4041999.html

+ Reply to Thread