Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,374x in 94,869 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An all-female Yazidi battalion

An all-female Yazidi battalion to fight the Islamic State.

Let's hope they get some competent trainers. Arab armies are pretty much unprofessional and incompetent.

The women of an all-female Yazidi batallion is risking death - or worse - to fight back against the ISIS thugs who abducted, raped or murdered thousands of their people.
    They were brought together by a renowned Yazidi s nger Xate Shingali, who formed the 'Sun Girls' batallion to take on Islamic State on the battlefield in Iraq.

If her troops are ever caught by the enemy, they will either be killed or, more likely, be held by the extremists as their personal sex slaves.

Even the youngest, just 17, brushes off that terrifying prospect, adding: 'Even if they kill me, I will say I am a Yazidi.'
    ISIS kidnapped thousands of Yazidi women and very young girls when it stormed their villages in Sinjar province, northern Iraq, in August 2014.

Those who escaped from their clutches have told of how they endured unimaginable cruelty and sexual abuse at the hands of the ISIS fighters they were forced to marry.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3j7bv8uaQ
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MMC (06-17-2016)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good they are pissed, wouldnt it be degrading for an all female unit to shred their dignity.

I read the american Hostage was raped repeatedly by the head of ISIS and used as a sex slave before they murdered her.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (08-17-2015)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Good they are pissed, wouldnt it be degrading for an all female unit to shred their dignity.

I read the american Hostage was raped repeatedly by the head of ISIS and used as a sex slave before they murdered her.
    Yes, I saw that.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Ivan88's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 348x in 306 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was she a hostage, or simply a captive. I heard that the US military blew her up for democracy.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    Was she a hostage, or simply a captive. I heard that the US military blew her up for democracy.
    They didn't blow her up on purpose....
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsSocial
    waltky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,140x in 1,616 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Traumatized and then stigmatized...

Yazidi women, girls suffering stigma, trauma after IS kidnapping
    May 3, 2016 - Nadi was just 15 when Islamic State fighters invaded her village in Sinjar, northern Iraq. She was kidnapped, along with 29 members of her extended family, all members of the Yazidi religious and ethnic group that was targeted by IS from August 2014 onward.
    "They were hard days. The Daesh fighters raped us and attacked us, took our children and our women and killed our men," Nadi said, using the Arabic name for the IS group. Her full name is being withheld to protect her identity. She held back tears as she related the story of her 15 months in captivity. "They took us to Syria for a week, converted us to Islam then brought us back to Mosul. The worst torture we experienced was in Mosul. They gathered all the girls, raped them and then distributed them to senior Daesh fighters. They took the children away," she said. Nadi was handed over to a fighter called Salam Hamdu Ubaid, who regularly beat and raped her. A month later, she was pregnant. "I felt that a Daesh criminal was in my body," she said. "I tried many times to abort the fetus but that wasn't my fate."

Shortly after giving birth she managed to contact her family, who organized a smuggler to help her escape Mosul, a city in northern Iraq that has been held by IS since June 2014. Two of her brothers, their families and two sisters are still trapped in the city. Nadi was one of an estimated 5,000 Yazidi women and girls kidnapped by IS – the largest single mass kidnap of women this century. Based on Yazidi officials' estimates, the United Nations has cited allegations that as many as 3,500 people remained in IS captivity as of October 2015. Human Rights Watch says IS's systematic abductions and rapes constitute war crimes, and may be crimes against humanity. While some of these women, like Nadi, managed to escape, reaching safety has not ended their suffering. The horrors have left many deeply traumatized, suffering both mental and physical reactions to their harrowing ordeals. Some could not live with their memories and have committed suicide.

Years of brutal dictatorship, followed by foreign invasion and ever more brutal sectarian violence have left millions of Iraqis psychologically scarred. The cumulative impact is of staggering proportions. More than 3 million Iraqis are internally displaced, with many having fled unimaginable violence. Syria, next door, hosts more than twice that figure. In northern Iraq, which hosts more than 1 million people who have fled from other parts of the country, there are just 17 psychologists and psychiatrists on the ground. The local government, U.N. agencies and nongovernmental organizations have set up a range of pyscho-social programs, but the need is vast. "These camps are more in need of psychological support than anything else, because of this pressure. Every family, if not half, three-quarters of them [still] are in the hands of Daesh," said Ruwaq Fadil, who runs programs on women's empowerment for a British charity, Amar.

Amar runs group sessions, clinics and social centers for women in the camps, along with courses in sewing, hairdressing and handicrafts. There also have health volunteers who visit people in their tented homes to provide psychological support and health education. "The idea is to take away the pressure they are living through in the camps," Fadil said. Yet a lack of understanding about psycho-social support, along with the stigma attached to rape in a largely conservative Yazidi society means that few Yazidi women actually access any sustained psycho-social support or mental health care, according to a recent report by Human Rights Watch.

MORE

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

ISIS committing genocide against Yazidis...

UN Syria panel: IS committing genocide against Yazidis
    Jun 16,`16 -- The Islamic State group is committing genocide, crimes against humanity and other war crimes against the Yazidi community in Iraq and Syria, a U.N. panel said Thursday, calling on countries to do more to stop it and build a legal case on top of political condemnation from countries like the United States.
    The Commission of Inquiry on Syria issued its first report Thursday specifically looking at IS crimes against Yazidis after the extremist group's attack on unarmed Yazidi communities in northwestern Iraq in August 2014. Many Yazidis were taken into Syria, and over 3,200 Yazidi women and children are still captive, the report said. The 41-page report, based on 45 interviews with survivors, religious leaders, activists, medical staffers and others, seeks to put allegations of rape, sexual slavery and other crimes in a wider context of crimes against humanity and genocide by alleging that such practices are part of a IS strategy to wipe out the Yazidis, whom the radicals see as infidels. "ISIS' abuse of Yazidi men, women and children amounts to genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes," commission chair Paulo Pinheiro told reporters in Geneva. IS statements and conduct show the group "intended to destroy the Yazidis of Sinjar in whole or in part," he said, and "the genocide is ongoing."

Such official claims of genocide against a non-state actor are rare, if not unprecedented. Genocide has traditionally been associated with state-sponsored mass killings like in the Holocaust or in massacres in Rwanda, but the report says that the term fits when intent exists "in the perpetrator's mind" that the crimes can destroy a group partly or entirely. The U.N. estimates that some 5,000 Yazidi men were killed by IS militants when they took control of Iraq's northwest two years ago and thousands more people, mostly women and children, were taken into captivity. Most of the Yazidi population - some 400,000 people - was displaced.

While countries like the United States, at a political level, have alleged IS genocide against Yazidis, the report seeks to bolster a possible legal case against those responsible and encourage the U.N. Security Council to hand the matter to the International Criminal Court or a separate ad hoc tribunal. "We regard this as a road map for prosecution," said commission member Carla Del Ponte. "It is time now to start to obtain justice for the victims." The U.N. Security Council should "consider engaging its Chapter 7 powers" - which could authorize the use of force, the report said. In New York, French ambassador to the U.N. Francois Delattre, whose country currently holds the rotating Security Council presidency, said: "This very important report clearly shows the systematic barbarity of the terrorist group, and I'm sure that, yes, we'll discuss this in the Security Council."

UN Watch, a non-governmental group, praised the report but said the matter should be brought up before the U.N.'s Human Rights Council currently in session in Geneva, saying that it should adopt a resolution that supports the finding of genocide against IS and then send its findings to the Security Council. "Unless these minimal steps are taken, the experts' finding risks being just more words on paper, without protecting a single Yazidi man, woman, or child," UN Watch executive director Hillel Neuer said in a statement.

MORE

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being killed by a woman wont allow them to meet their Allah either. So they believe. They definitely don't like being killed by the Kurds female fighters. So this should help them feel that impending doom.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a plus for females in combat units.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Yazidi women & girls need justice...

Justice Needed for Thousands of Yazidi Women and Girls Being Raped by Terrorists
    July 29, 2016 – The head of a human rights organization dedicated to helping save the Yazidis in Iraq and Syria from kidnapping, rape and death at the hands of terrorists said at a conference on Thursday that the world cannot expect the Yazidis to reconcile with the perpetrators and others in the region while thousands of women and girls are still being held captive, many of whom are “being raped every day.”
    “For anyone to bring reconciliation I would tell them bring the justice … first before you ask for reconciliation,” Murad Ismael, executive director of the non-profit YAZDA advocacy group, said at a religious liberty conference at Georgetown University’s Berkley Center for Religion, Peace and World Affairs in Washington, D.C. “It is very painful to me when I sit with someone while I still have 3,200 women and girls in captivity that are being raped every day,” Ismael said. “It’s very painful to me that you ask me to reconcile.” The sometimes tense discussion between dozens of representatives of religious minorities and other factions from Iraq and Syria and other human rights activists focused on what can be done to protect religious minorities that are being ravaged by Islamic State terrorists.

Ismael called what his community has faced “genocide” and “a holocaust” and said that the public needs to know that is a fact and that Muslims not affiliated with the terrorists should speak out. “I mean one thing I would have expected all the Muslims in the world to come out and say that the enslavement of the Yazidi women was not right – something that I never heard – that I can challenge whoever wants to bring a question, that the Muslim clerics internationally never came out against the genocide, never came out, never said that the rape of the Yazidi women was not in line with the Sharia for example,” Ismael said, adding that he believes that the Islamic State terrorists do not represent Islam or any religion.

Ismael said that his community needed justice before it could back any kind of reconciliation. “So for the international community to ask me for a solution is not fair,” he said, adding that the terrorists should face an international criminal court and not be allowed to participate in any government post-Islamic State. “I think the international community should stand up for its obligations," Ismael said. “There must be clear recognition of the genocide with every parliament – with the public. “The public should know that the Yazidis were subject to genocide," Ismael said.

The conference featured representatives from human rights organizations, religious leaders and officials from the Obama administration, including the U.S. Ambassador-at-large for International Religious Freedom David Saperstein, who said the U.S. is “making progress” in its efforts to defeat the Islamic State.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...nd-girls-being
    Last edited by waltky; 07-29-2016 at 07:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread