Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,390x in 14,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whatukno View Post
    I understand it, and I understand that it's a way to keep the church going. That's all that tithing is, it's revenue for the church. Which is fine, I understand that churches have operating expenses that they have to meet, and that contributions from the people is the way they meet those obligations. But don't tell me that the money goes to God. It doesn't.

Also, please do keep in mind that the cannon bible is actually a propaganda piece put together by Constantine at the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD.
    There, they determined what was Cannon, and what was Heresy, while tithing happened in many religions, for the reasons stated above, Jesus never really talked about it. And come to think of it, I don't think that Jesus ever said to stop burning lambs on an altar (God loves him some BBQ!) So, seems to me that yall got about 1900 years worth of lamb sacrifice to make up for.

Of course, if we are really getting to the brass tax of the religion, we have to talk about transubstantiation. Ever take part in the holy sacrament? According to Christian belief systems, the cracker actually turns into the body of Christ, and the wine actually turns into the blood of Christ, so in all reality, Christianity is full of Cannibal Vampires.
    Yep you don't have a clue! And with the Blood and the Body, are you saying that all of his parables need to be taken as they were told or were they full of other meanings?

I get it, In order to be the most important thing, there can be NO god. But I believe that there is and that changes my view of right and wrong.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    whatukno's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 568x in 437 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    Yep you don't have a clue! And with the Blood and the Body, are you saying that all of his parables need to be taken as they were told or were they full of other meanings?

I get it, In order to be the most important thing, there can be NO god. But I believe that there is and that changes my view of right and wrong.
    No, actually, according to the church, transubstantiation is a real miracle that is blessed on everyone who takes part in the holy sacrament.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do believe in a God, just not YOUR God (btw, the Muslim God, and the Jewish God, same guy, and not really convinced it's the good guy.), your God is far to homicidal for my taste. The whole genocide thing, kinda a turn off as far as deities go. And, according to your book, he seems to really love him some genocide (almost as much as he loves him some BBQ!)
    Wukky logic, the most powerful weapon humanity has against Vulcans.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,586x in 36,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I understand it, and I understand that it's a way to keep the church going. That's all that tithing is, it's revenue for the church. Which is fine, I understand that churches have operating expenses that they have to meet, and that contributions from the people is the way they meet those obligations. But don't tell me that the money goes to God. It doesn't.

Also, please do keep in mind that the cannon bible is actually a propaganda piece put together by Constantine at the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD.
    There, they determined what was Cannon, and what was Heresy, while tithing happened in many religions, for the reasons stated above, Jesus never really talked about it. And come to think of it, I don't think that Jesus ever said to stop burning lambs on an altar (God loves him some BBQ!) So, seems to me that yall got about 1900 years worth of lamb sacrifice to make up for.

Of course, if we are really getting to the brass tax of the religion, we have to talk about transubstantiation. Ever take part in the holy sacrament? According to Christian belief systems, the cracker actually turns into the body of Christ, and the wine actually turns into the blood of Christ, so in all reality, Christianity is full of Cannibal Vampires.
    It's "canon" and it had nothing to do with the Council of Nicaea or any council for that matter. The canon was consolidated over several centuries. The money goes to God? What does that even mean? Why is this in a section called "Serious"? WTF?

Idiots.
    Last edited by Mister D; 08-24-2015 at 08:04 PM.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

zelmo1234 (08-25-2015)

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    domer76's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,059x in 1,705 Posts
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    It's "canon" and it had nothing to do with the Council of Nicaea or any council for that matter. The canon was consolidated over several centuries. The money goes to God? What does that even mean? Why is this in a section called "Serious"? WTF?

Idiots.
    "god became flesh"

serious? WTF?

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,257
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,050x in 8,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    "god became flesh"

serious? WTF?
    My only issue with the concept that Christ was the embodiment of God on earth, was Christ's plaint - My God, my God, why have you abandoned me! This does not substantiate the notion that Christ was the embodiment of God or even his only son. Should he not have said, Father why have you abandoned me! or would he have said nothing, because the sacrifice was preordained. I find this confusing.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Redrose's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,463x in 4,722 Posts
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Jesus came back as he really looked instead of what Christians think he looked like, most Christians would reject Christianity on the spot.

...and you know how He "really" looked?

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,586x in 36,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    My only issue with the concept that Christ was the embodiment of God on earth, was Christ's plaint - My God, my God, why have you abandoned me! This does not substantiate the notion that Christ was the embodiment of God or even his only son. Should he not have said, Father why have you abandoned me! or would he have said nothing, because the sacrifice was preordained. I find this confusing.
    That's the opening line of Psalm 22 which begins with a lament but ends with praise.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+22

From the earliest times, Christians believed that the Psalm prophesies Christ's suffering, death, and Resurrection. What's interesting is that no Jew at the time would have interpreted that as an expression of doubt.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the church also serves another purpose historically and that was being a pillar of the community. It was a place for people to gather together and discuss the goings on in the community, which played a big part during the slavery years and after. Sadly, there are many church leaders who are frauds and are only in it for the money, which in turn gets all the attention in the media. Just like everything else in this world, only the bad gets reported. The church was also a place where charities and scholarships were once a big part of helping the community. As we as a society move more and more away from religion, we are also becoming more isolated with only social media being used to communicate, and we all know how narcissistic that can be.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

zelmo1234 (08-25-2015)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Sage of Main Street's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,249x in 1,927 Posts
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the Way Ruling Classes Do Things. And It Works.

Besides, didn't Jesus say, render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.
    He said that because he was an agent of the Roman Empire assigned to turn the rebellious Jews into pacifists using decadent Greek philosophy.
    On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders

We won't live free until the Democrats, and their voters, live in fear.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    whatukno's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 568x in 437 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sage of Main Street View Post
    He said that because he was an agent of the Roman Empire assigned to turn the rebellious Jews into pacifists using decadent Greek philosophy.
    Sure, sure, of course, that makes absolutely no $#@!ing sense whatsoever, but sure.
    Wukky logic, the most powerful weapon humanity has against Vulcans.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to whatukno For This Useful Post:

zelmo1234 (08-25-2015)

+ Reply to Thread