Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 441x in 350 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie Locks View Post
    If Romney is president and have a majority in the house and senate, they can repeal with 51 votes through budget reconciliation.
    IF Romney wins, they can try. But if the CBO scores the repeal bill as an increase in the budget deficit..............budget reconciliation can NOT be used.

I wonder why Romney or the GOP has never shared that tid bit of information to their potential voters?
    "Trump is a bit like Gandhi, but without intelligence, without restraint, without humility, without wisdom and without empathy for anyone but himself."

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
    IF Romney wins, they can try. But if the CBO scores the repeal bill as an increase in the budget deficit..............budget reconciliation can NOT be used.

I wonder why Romney or the GOP has never shared that tid bit of information to their potential voters?
    Do you think it might be on the account of.....that if Ryan is picked as his VP then that they will implement Ryans plan for HCR which was also backed by White The Democrat, while coming up with an easy tax code?

I wonder Why Obama and the Democrats failed to mention the Democrat White that helped Ryan put his plan together which included some of the Blue Dog Demos ideas on HCR? Do you think Obama for some reason Didn't know the Congressman from California? Do you think the reason Obama didn't mention White was intentional to mislead the American public?

What about White himself.....why have the Demos put all that pressure on him to remain Quiet? Specifically Obama. Do you think it would be reasonable for White to give up his Office, while busting Obama's head open for flat out disrespecting him in front of the American People. For lying to the American people with that bull$#@! about what Obama said with the Ryan Plan. While taking any credit from White and the Blue-dogs as they were working with Republicans on the Matter.

Hmmmm don't you think Obama should come clean over his Obamabaloney?
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 925
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    WalterSobchak's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Do you think it might be on the account of.....that if Ryan is picked as his VP then that they will implement Ryans plan for HCR which was also backed by White The Democrat, while coming up with an easy tax code?

I wonder Why Obama and the Democrats failed to mention the Democrat White that helped Ryan put his plan together which included some of the Blue Dog Demos ideas on HCR? Do you think Obama for some reason Didn't know the Congressman from California? Do you think the reason Obama didn't mention White was intentional to mislead the American public?

What about White himself.....why have the Demos put all that pressure on him to remain Quiet? Specifically Obama. Do you think it would be reasonable for White to give up his Office, while busting Obama's head open for flat out disrespecting him in front of the American People. For lying to the American people with that bull$#@! about what Obama said with the Ryan Plan. While taking any credit from White and the Blue-dogs as they were working with Republicans on the Matter.

Hmmmm don't you think Obama should come clean over his Obamabaloney?

To be quite honest, I don't have the foggiest idea of what your talking about. But I would love to read about it. Can you link me to this information?

By the way, I am NOT a fan of Obamacare either. Other than the pre-existing conditions portion of the bill, I find the entire thing to be a joke.
    "Trump is a bit like Gandhi, but without intelligence, without restraint, without humility, without wisdom and without empathy for anyone but himself."

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be quite honest, I don't have the foggiest idea of what your talking about. But I would love to read about it. Can you link me to this information?

By the way, I am NOT a fan of Obamacare either. Other than the pre-existing conditions portion of the bill, I find the entire thing to be a joke.

Sure give me some time to find here Walter. As I am not sure if I had it up as a Thread or if I had posted a link to another's post. I will need to dig thru my archives.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

WalterSobchak (08-10-2012)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay got it, Walter.....I was wrong on the Democrat that Co-Sponsored it was Ron Wyden of Oregon, White out of California worked with Ryan over Aids and some other medical issues with bi-partisan support as well as Ryans Budget Proposal. Which Obama kept the lid on.....

WASHINGTON – In an unlikely partnership, Sen. Ron Wyden joined Rep. Paul Ryan on Wednesday in a plan for remodeling Medicare to ensure its long-term future.

The plan that Wyden, a Democrat from Oregon and Ryan, a Republican from Wisconsin, rolled out is a hybrid of earlier ideas, modified and repackaged in a way they hope will soften the partisan political turmoil.

He and Ryan propose maintaining Medicare in its traditional form until 2022, when seniors eligible for Medicare (those now under 55) would be able to choose Medicare or a private health care plan.

"This doesn't end Medicare as we know it," Wyden said in a joint interview with Ryan. But it will offer a way "for progressives and conservatives to come together."

There are still many gaps and unanswered questions. Wyden and Ryan believe their plan would be cheaper, but they cannot say how much. They do promise that seniors would not be forced to make up the difference with higher premiums if costs continue to soar. Their plan requires Congress to find a solution.

Opposition to Ryan led to victories in special elections this year for Democrats who campaigned intensely on what they said were the damaging effects of a federal budget he wrote.

Wyden, who has worked on health issues for years, has chosen controversial partnerships before, including a previous health proposal with Republican Bob Bennett, former senator from Utah. Bennett was dumped by his own party in 2010. Some thought his work with Wyden contributed to his political demise.....snip~

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/i...republi_1.html

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,200
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Goldie Locks's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,100x in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a link?

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lizza writes how Obama legitimized Ryan's plan within the Republican Party. Obama spoke at the House Republican retreat right after Ryan first introduced his plan in 2010, and he seemed accepting of some ideas while encouraging "healthy debate" on others. Three days later, White House Budget Director Peter Orszag shredded the Ryan budget.

But the confrontation enhanced Ryan’s credibility among conservatives. He became the face of the opposition, someone who could attack the President’s policies with facts and figures. Indeed, at the retreat, Obama had mischaracterized Ryan’s Medicare plan, and Ryan politely corrected him. The two men sparred again the next month, at a summit at Blair House, over the President’s health-care plan. The details of Ryan’s proposals and his critiques of Obama’s mattered less than the fact that he was taking on the President. House Speaker John Boehner and other Republican leaders started to feel pressure to take a position on the Ryan budget.

Later in 2011, Obama himself attacked the Ryan budget. By that point, Americans were about evenly split on Ryan's plan vs. Obama's, and Ryan had gained a national-party platform. Two days after Obama slammed the Ryan budget, only four House Republicans voted against it and it passed, 235 to 193.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/barac...#ixzz23BjzIzkQ

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/barac...#ixzz23BjXq7vE

Last edited by MMC; 08-10-2012 at 06:23 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

WalterSobchak (08-10-2012)

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,200
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Goldie Locks's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,100x in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Walter has left us and never supplied the link I ask for...oh well.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Lizza writes how Obama legitimized Ryan's plan within the Republican Party. Obama spoke at the House Republican retreat right after Ryan first introduced his plan in 2010, and he seemed accepting of some ideas while encouraging "healthy debate" on others. Three days later, White House Budget Director Peter Orszag shredded the Ryan budget.

But the confrontation enhanced Ryan’s credibility among conservatives. He became the face of the opposition, someone who could attack the President’s policies with facts and figures. Indeed, at the retreat, Obama had mischaracterized Ryan’s Medicare plan, and Ryan politely corrected him. The two men sparred again the next month, at a summit at Blair House, over the President’s health-care plan. The details of Ryan’s proposals and his critiques of Obama’s mattered less than the fact that he was taking on the President. House Speaker John Boehner and other Republican leaders started to feel pressure to take a position on the Ryan budget.

Later in 2011, Obama himself attacked the Ryan budget. By that point, Americans were about evenly split on Ryan's plan vs. Obama's, and Ryan had gained a national-party platform. Two days after Obama slammed the Ryan budget, only four House Republicans voted against it and it passed, 235 to 193.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/barac...#ixzz23BjzIzkQ

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/barac...#ixzz23BjXq7vE

Thank you MMC for the links. I will give them a read.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WalterSobchak For This Useful Post:

MMC (08-11-2012)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie Locks View Post
    I see Walter has left us and never supplied the link I ask for...oh well.

Sorry Golders, I do have a life other then this forum. But here you go.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/think-tanked/post/ask-a-think-tank-romneys-plan-to-repeal-obamacare-on-day-one/2012/07/02
    /gJQAxl0QIW_blog.html

In short, the Byrd Rule prevents majorities from including provisions in reconciliation that are “extraneous” to budget targets — unless proponents can muster sixty votes to waive a Byrd Rule challenge or to reject a point of order under the rule. “Extraneous” generally refers to provisions that do not produce a change in spending or revenues, although there are actually six definitions of “extraneous” in the Budget Act (including one that prevents inclusion of measures that would increase the deficit for a fiscal year beyond those covered by the reconciliation bill).

Basically saying, since the ACA was scored by the CBO to save nearly $300 billion from the deficit, the GOP will be screwed. Because their repeal bill will add to the deficit. Thus making it a violation for them to use budget reconciliation.

+ Reply to Thread