Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,591x in 94,420 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree in general with Southwest, and would take out TR. You can do a series and present them separately and as a whole.

Also, I am sure that you have citations for all of the material- kept that in a handy document to provide if challenged.

Very well done.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (12-14-2015)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Redrose's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,463x in 4,722 Posts
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @iustitia

Thank you for the video, very interesting. I read biographies, and knew much of what the video said.

My dad, born 1919, grew up during the Depression and he had nothing good to say about FDR.

My dad was a very intelligent man when it came to politics and he recognized FDR was a wealthy elite and threw crumbs to the poor while basking in the glory of being "a man of the people". FDR convinced the country they needed to keep in him office for four terms because he was the only one who could help them and he didn't want his policies and programs interrupted by another president. He was becoming a dictator in a sense.

Voters have been falling for that type phony politician for decades. JFK was another.

Keep the videos coming they are interesting and informative.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Sage of Main Street's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,249x in 1,927 Posts
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If You Own a Man's Work, You Own That Man

Quote Originally Posted by iustitia View Post
    I've been absent lately and it's because I've been trying to put together a project chronicling historical facts unknown to most Americans in the form of videos. In the past Peter1469 and Alyosha discussed making a podcast discussing similar things though from what I gathered it was more cryptic in topic.

Regardless, if you would be so kind, please give a look at this video I've made here about FDR; it's not long:

It's not perfect, but I believe that dedication will lead to growth. I'm posting this because I'd like your support and cooperation if you'd give it. I generally intend to make videos on lost American history, economics and political science. I'm open to new ideas, however. If you would like to team up to make this channel/project work, let me know. I also don't mind sharing the channel, just to be clear. Contributors will have every right to create content.

@Peter1469 @Alyosha @Green Arrow @Chris @Captain Obvious @Mister D @Cthulhu @Ethereal @Hal Jordan @The Xl @Ravens Fan
    A Right Wing Plutocratic Parasites' circle jerk. It's appropriate that you would spill your seeds because your dream-lover corporate pigs have never created anything ever since they started your Capitaliban scam hundreds of years ago. Your Masters take credit for every advance created by others and scapegoat their guilt for all the damage they have caused.
    On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders

We won't live free until the Democrats, and their voters, live in fear.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Sage of Main Street For This Useful Post:

Howey (09-04-2015)

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bob's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,335x in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iustitia View Post
    I've been absent lately and it's because I've been trying to put together a project chronicling historical facts unknown to most Americans in the form of videos. In the past Peter1469 and Alyosha discussed making a podcast discussing similar things though from what I gathered it was more cryptic in topic.

Regardless, if you would be so kind, please give a look at this video I've made here about FDR; it's not long:

It's not perfect, but I believe that dedication will lead to growth. I'm posting this because I'd like your support and cooperation if you'd give it. I generally intend to make videos on lost American history, economics and political science. I'm open to new ideas, however. If you would like to team up to make this channel/project work, let me know. I also don't mind sharing the channel, just to be clear. Contributors will have every right to create content.

@Peter1469 @Alyosha @Green Arrow @Chris @Captain Obvious @Mister D @Cthulhu @Ethereal @Hal Jordan @The Xl @Ravens Fan
    That is a very good video and so on. Since you did not invite me to comment, I won't. But he was my living president and I have studied him a lot.

I did send the video on to my mailing list. I will be interested what they have to tell me.

Achievements:
    Bob's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrose View Post
    @iustitia

Thank you for the video, very interesting. I read biographies, and knew much of what the video said.

My dad, born 1919, grew up during the Depression and he had nothing good to say about FDR.

My dad was a very intelligent man when it came to politics and he recognized FDR was a wealthy elite and threw crumbs to the poor while basking in the glory of being "a man of the people". FDR convinced the country they needed to keep in him office for four terms because he was the only one who could help them and he didn't want his policies and programs interrupted by another president. He was becoming a dictator in a sense.

Voters have been falling for that type phony politician for decades. JFK was another.

My parents were poor. I would call a bum of a father unable to work 8 hrs per day a bum.

They loved FDR and I grew up harboring that same love. My grand father had sons. One son, killed in Korea, had the name Eugene V Debs in his name. Grandfather spent time as a communist. Mom said her father was brilliant. i recall him but for the most part he was recovering from a serious stroke. But mom told we kids stories about his intellect.

It took me until reading the book I use for an avatar to find out the truth. FDR and Obama for that matter work for the very rich. I don't dislike the very rich but respect the super rich that pour millions back to help the poor. And there are many of the super rich that help the poor a lot.

But the video speaks truth. I passed it to my mailing list.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    iustitia's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,104x in 1,228 Posts
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Howey View Post
    FDR may or may not have been a man of the people, but his programs brought the people back from the brink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    War did that, not FDR's central planning.
    That's a video for another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    @iustitia, good video. Lots of good content, and, like your aim, a lot even I didn't know! Work to minimize text in video, though, yes, a lot of it is textual. Perk up the voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Good video. I had read much of that but have not seen it assembled quite so well. I would pick up the speed of the narration a bit and the volume was a little muted. Perhaps include some film archive assuming they are available without cost.
    I admit that I need to speak up. I'm also still working on my pacing. As for video I could've spent more time looking up video. Admittedly, I was trying to wrap up my work due to the video rendering time; more media would've taken more time. I can do so in the future with the right sources.

Quote Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
    It's too much material for 9 minutes. I would trim out TR - there's already too much material here. Better 30 minutes or so - & if you can find sufficient material, an hour. Switch out the text-heavy images for clips that illustrate the point - if available. The graphics on FDR's financial backers needs to be expanded - there's too much that's implied there, but not explicitly documented. (That material may not exist in writing nor film - but it's the heart of the contention that FDR isn't/wasn't a man of the people, etc.) Probably need a professional voice over.

After Burns' The Civil War & so on, the bar is very high for this kind of film project. You might want to reconsider - if you don't have the budget, or facilities to pull together film, voice, maybe some music - it might be better to put up text & images @ a website & call it a day.

If the budget materializes later, you can always pull this project back together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I agree in general with Southwest, and would take out TR. You can do a series and present them separately and as a whole.

Also, I am sure that you have citations for all of the material- kept that in a handy document to provide if challenged.

Very well done.
    I can agree in principle that it's not the best quality video for a popular channel. But I don't have a popular channel. As my first video this was more of a first impression video I suppose. I just kind of chose the topic. But to be fair, this isn't a TV series. This a YouTube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrose View Post
    iustitia

Agreed, and thanks, I will try. Thanks to everyone for the positive remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage of Main Street View Post
    A Right Wing Plutocratic Parasites' circle jerk. It's appropriate that you would spill your seeds because your dream-lover corporate pigs have never created anything ever since they started your Capitaliban scam hundreds of years ago. Your Masters take credit for every advance created by others and scapegoat their guilt for all the damage they have caused.
    LOL I can't even.
    "Of all men's miseries the bitterest is this: to know so much and to have control over nothing." -Herodotus

"Nobody seems to care. That’s what the owners count on. The fact that Americans will probably remain willfully ignorant of the big red, white and blue dick that’s being jammed up their assholes every day, because the owners of this country know the truth. It’s called the American Dream, 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it. " -George Carlin

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iustitia For This Useful Post:

Green Arrow (09-04-2015),MisterVeritis (12-14-2015),Peter1469 (09-04-2015)

Achievements:
    Bob's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Howey View Post
    FDR may or may not have been a man of the people, but his programs brought the people back from the brink.
    Most of his programs were struck down by the supreme court. Here is what he gave me as a child. Ration books. Prices fixed by law. War. The destruction of over 400,000 brave troops sent to fight his war.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,591x in 94,420 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Most of his programs were struck down by the supreme court. Here is what he gave me as a child. Ration books. Prices fixed by law. War. The destruction of over 400,000 brave troops sent to fight his war.
    That ended in 1937. Then any government program (almost) got past SCOTUS.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Bob's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    That ended in 1937. Then any government program (almost) got past SCOTUS.
    Sadly true.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good narration for a first video. Better than I could do. I want to echo something Dr. Who mentioned about footage or some kind of film. Looking at FDR's face got kind of annoying. Some of the frames were interesting but that part needs some pizzazz, if you will.
    Last edited by Mister D; 09-04-2015 at 04:19 PM.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (09-07-2015)

+ Reply to Thread