User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did you really expect a cadillac ?

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    AceGuy's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Did you really expect a cadillac ?

You take the coffee pot, tip it sideways over a paper cup, put a lid on it, poke a plastic stirrer through the lid then you place the cup into a holder...And grab two sugars and two creams...
    and say "That'll be A dollar fifty please is there anything else I can do for you today?"...

How much do you want to make ?
    Did you expect a Cadillac ? Well guess what buddy ?

What you just did... I saw 50 teenagers with down syndrome who can also do that job too..
    And you know what else ?
    The teenager with the disability who can pour coffee... needs that job a whole lot more than you will ever need that job.
    Thank you.

I'd also be personally willing to pay a teenager with down syndrome a whole lot more money than I would pay you in the first place ?

Why ?

1. I'm about his 1 in a few millionth's chance at a work history.... in reality, in real world practice... that is flat out ZERO... My business is the only place in America for him, that's going to keep him free.

2. The job is a lot harder for him, than it is for you.... its NOT equal work... not by a long shot... You and him do the same job, he's working a whole lot harder than you are... regardless of the productivity.

Its not even totally advisable, or wise... that he leave his apartment unless he absolutely must... and yet he goes and takes busses and trains and taxi cabs to go to work for ME...
    And under NOOOO conditions whatsoever period... do I have him for more than 5 hours a day, 4 or 5 days a week... or at anytime past dark.

Because its unsafe for him to be outdoors... and people like yourself are the reason for that.

3. Because this is probably the only job he will ever have, and he can't afford to quit like you can... he needs the money to support himself.. you can just go find a better job...He can't.

So this is his "Better Job"... through better pay for the job.

So ho much do you want to make by pouring coffee ?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Overdrive50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    exotix's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,534x in 7,660 Posts
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever worked as an acting-extra ... you get maybe 50 bucks for having to hang on the set for 10 hours for a 2 second part of somebody walking by in the background.
    'How and Why ?' ~ Einstein

3. The Following User Says Thank You to exotix For This Useful Post:

TrueBlue (09-04-2015)

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 1,416
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    TrueBlue's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,957x in 1,656 Posts
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by exotix View Post
    Ever worked as an acting-extra ... you get maybe 50 bucks for having to hang on the set for 10 hours for a 2 second part of somebody walking by in the background.
    That's what I have always wondered about with regard to "extras" that should rightfully be called Background Actors or Artists because they are. The pay for extras is cheap and what's more Hollywood and the major studios do not appear to be any too sympathetic or care. Some are paying just what you state or just a tad higher but not by much. That's why consequently extras don't always do as good a job as they would if they were getting paid higher wages. They would get better wages washing dishes or cleaning houses but those who work as extras have ambition to work in an art that they love that's why they do it. But they need to be paid much better than they are currently getting.

How can they expect a person to make a living working for such chickenfeed and spending ten or even more hours on the set for that small amount of money? And contrary to public opinion acting is hard work it is not all the glamour it is talked about to be. Far from it. Perhaps for the stars and the major players but not for the 'extras.'

But what needs to happen is for all those who work or have worked as extras to band together and demand better pay for greater parity with those others who also work on the set. Why the continuing discrimination against extras? Doesn't Hollywood realize that Without_Extras_They_Would_Have_No_Movie?! That's really something for them to seriously think about and then rectify and make amends to.
    Let's see how much care and compassion Trump and Republicans show for their fellow Americans to truly help them out in their time of need.

Let's start the count to see if Trump comes through on the many things he promised to do for Americans. If he doesn't, along with a Republican Congress, then what's his and their excuse?

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    silvereyes's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,850x in 4,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AceGuy View Post
    You take the coffee pot, tip it sideways over a paper cup, put a lid on it, poke a plastic stirrer through the lid then you place the cup into a holder...And grab two sugars and two creams...
    and say "That'll be A dollar fifty please is there anything else I can do for you today?"...

What you just did... I saw 50 teenagers with down syndrome who can also do that job too..
    And you know what else ?
    The teenager with the disability who can pour coffee... needs that job a whole lot more than you will ever need that job.
    Thank you.

I'd also be personally willing to pay a teenager with down syndrome a whole lot more money than I would pay you in the first place ?

Why ?

1. I'm about his 1 in a few millionth's chance at a work history.... in reality, in real world practice... that is flat out ZERO... My business is the only place in America for him, that's going to keep him free.

2. The job is a lot harder for him, than it is for you.... its NOT equal work... not by a long shot... You and him do the same job, he's working a whole lot harder than you are... regardless of the productivity.

Its not even totally advisable, or wise... that he leave his apartment unless he absolutely must... and yet he goes and takes busses and trains and taxi cabs to go to work for ME...
    And under NOOOO conditions whatsoever period... do I have him for more than 5 hours a day, 4 or 5 days a week... or at anytime past dark.

Because its unsafe for him to be outdoors... and people like yourself are the reason for that.

3. Because this is probably the only job he will ever have, and he can't afford to quit like you can... he needs the money to support himself.. you can just go find a better job...He can't.

I have a Downs cousin. Her name is Jill. She's 36. She's employed at a restaurant. She's very good at her job. She's a waitress. Yes, it's a sort of buffet place, but she's still responsible for many things. They love her.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Redrose's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,463x in 4,722 Posts
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exotix View Post

A friends daughter has been an extra, one of the zombies on "The Walking Dead" for a few years. She is not union and gets no pay. She does it for the fun, travel and experience.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Redrose For This Useful Post:

exotix (09-04-2015)

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    whatukno's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 568x in 437 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AceGuy View Post

And you know what else ?
    Thank you.

Why ?

Who are you ranting to? The Starbucks guy? Man, some people are GROUCHY without their morning joe!

Are you pissed off at minimum wage workers wanting to make enough to live on?

Little news flash for ya, a lot of people had to start over in life a few years ago when the economy collapsed. Many of them had jobs they had worked in for years, started off at the bottom, and through their hard work and dedication rose up, got on the job training for a particular job that doesn't translate well into other career fields. Now, starting out yet again, they scrape by not wanting a handout from the government, wanting to work, but thinking maybe wages from the 90s aren't appropriate for the cost of living in 2015.

I know several people that have only been able to get 2 or 3 part time jobs, just to keep the rent paid. Maybe it shouldn't be that hard to make a living.
    Wukky logic, the most powerful weapon humanity has against Vulcans.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,690
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mac-7's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,887x in 4,879 Posts
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whatukno View Post

I know several people that have only been able to get 2 or 3 part time jobs, just to keep the rent paid. Maybe it shouldn't be that hard to make a living.
    Now you know why having 20 or 30 million poor illegal aliens in the job market is a bad idea

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    whatukno's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 568x in 437 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac-7 View Post
    Now you know why having 20 or 30 million poor illegal aliens in the job market is a bad idea
    Broken Toy, quit going off topic please!
    Wukky logic, the most powerful weapon humanity has against Vulcans.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,502x in 94,944 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    notice

Notice

Notice: moved to the Pub.

If you have questions or concerns about this moderation action, please use the Report button to let us know.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread