User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: How the News Labels People

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,079x in 5,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AeonPax View Post
    `
    You might want to read this; Truth.
    A long article, which does nothing but complicate and rather simple and binary concept.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:12

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,570x in 36,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Capitalism isn't just a liberal notion. It is the way this world works - it's not my favorite economic model, but I don't see it changing anytime soon. The fact that people move for economic reasons is not always in the sense of economic migrants. People with degrees in specific fields have to go where employment exists for their fields of expertise. They often chose those fields knowing they would have to move to where the work is. Of course there are the true economic migrants, leaving 2nd and 3rd world countries in favor of 1'st world opportunities. However, so long as the business of the 1st world is taking advantage of the depressed economies and corruption of the 2nd and 3rd world, you will have economic migration. It's just a fact. You have to live in an impenetrable jungle or on the side of a mountain to escape that reality.
    Capitalism (i.e. market society and consumerism) is definitely a liberal phenomenon and "the world", as you say, was made to work that way. This wasn't inevitable and it wasn't an accident. If you feel defeated by it you will be. Not much I can say about that.

Millions of people have been uprooted all over the globe. They far outnumber the professionals you refer to. I know you hold this "citizen of the world" concept dear but it's just not the reality of economic migration. As for the changes wrought by the global market if you're happy with them then own them. I don't want to hear about exploitation and so forth from anyone who largely accepts it. With all due respect, I sense a certain duplicity on your part...
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PolWatch View Post
    I have to wonder.....how would people have reacted if the black Christians in SC made a statement like this? Can't have it both ways......really?
    Suppostion doesnt justify this polwatch as it wouldnt if it were someone else. The point is the media purposely mischaracterizes to whatever the flavor of the day is
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,316
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,044x in 8,893 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Capitalism (i.e. market society and consumerism) is definitely a liberal phenomenon and "the world", as you say, was made to work that way. This wasn't inevitable and it wasn't an accident. If you feel defeated by it you will be. Not much I can say about that.

Millions of people have been uprooted all over the globe. They far outnumber the professionals you refer to. I know you hold this "citizen of the world" concept dear but it's just not the reality of economic migration. As for the changes wrought by the global market if you're happy with them then own them. I don't want to hear about exploitation and so forth from anyone who largely accepts it. With all due respect, I sense a certain duplicity on your part...
    Admitting that this is the current state of affairs and accepting it are two different things, however there is little that I can do about it, other than not voting for the people who promote it. However the world has become too small for the world of yore where you have contained cultures and static populations. Population pressures are also causing migration. The more people that you have on the planet, the more they will migrate, for whatever reason. The fact that I am not a xenophobe really has nothing to do with it. It's not duplicity, it's realism.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread