User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yazidi women: Slaves of the Caliphate

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,079x in 5,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exploited View Post
    Yazidis must be prioritized by Western refugee systems. We need to get as many of them out as possible.
    If we are to take refugees, these should be the story we take.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:12

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 2,058
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    OGIS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,647x in 2,130 Posts
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    I agree they should be stopped.

However it should be done via volunteer battalions. Not orders from Washington which would inevitably be laden with special interest missions and goals.

There are many who would love to hunt these dogs down and sniff out their miserable lives.
    Oh wow. Seriously, first thing that popped into my mind: mmm... sort of like... a popular movement of some sort, I dunno, call it a state-sponsored "crusade" of some sort...?

We've been there and done that. It turned out badly.

No. The whole farking rationale for the State says that the purpose of the State is the protection of the citizens of that state from "other bad guys." And that, in my opinion, includes maintaining an international order, with similar states, of some sort. Someone needs to officially step up to the farking bat.

True story: my first wife was from Cleveland, had Irish/Italian roots, and she grew up in a tough neighborhood. Her best friend's father owned a small cafe and had been paying weekly protection to the local Maf for 20 or 30 years.

One day some street rats barged in, pistol whipped the dad, shot a customer in the leg, and emptied the till. And smashed the front window on the way out for good measure.

Mysteriously, someone paid cash for the two hospital bills and for the window replacement. And money was placed into the cash register. The dad was "made whole." A week later they found the street rats face down in the river. There were various digits missing. Message sent: don't fark with our "taxpayers."

Now THAT is some insurance policy. (And excellent PR.)

If a local Mafia lord can step up to the plate, why can't we? Have we forgotten the origin of the State?
    Wearing a mask with your nose sticking out is like wearing a condom on your testicles.

When out walking, look out for PROBlems. You know: maskless Plague Rats On Bicycles who blow past you without giving you time to get out of the way.

Ah, CONServatives, the Masters of Projection (MOPs). With CONServatives, every accusation is a confession. Weird, that.

............Oh, what fresh hell is this?
    ,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯
    ....... Not my circus, not my monkeys

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,471x in 36,446 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OGIS View Post
    Oh wow. Seriously, first thing that popped into my mind: mmm... sort of like... a popular movement of some sort, I dunno, call it a state-sponsored "crusade" of some sort...?

No. The whole farking rationale for the State says that the purpose of the State is the protection of the citizens of that state from "other bad guys." And that, in my opinion, includes maintaining an international order, with similar states, of some sort. Someone needs to officially step up to the farking bat.

True story: my first wife was from Cleveland, had Irish/Italian roots, and she grew up in a tough neighborhood. Her best friend's father owned a small cafe and had been paying weekly protection to the local Maf for 20 or 30 years.

One day some street rats barged in, pistol whipped the dad, shot a customer in the leg, and emptied the till. And smashed the front window on the way out for good measure.

Mysteriously, someone paid cash for the two hospital bills and for the window replacement. And money was placed into the cash register. The dad was "made whole." A week later they found the street rats face down in the river. There were various digits missing. Message sent: don't fark with our "taxpayers."

If a local Mafia lord can step up to the plate, why can't we? Have we forgotten the origin of the State?
    My first thought upon reading your response was "didn't he just say the state should have nothing to do with it?" And, no, we haven't been there and we haven't done that.

True story: this forum would have half its current content if people only engaged the ideas of other members and not the ideas they make up.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    My first thought upon reading your response was "didn't he just say the state should have nothing to do with it?" And, no, we haven't been there and we haven't done that.

True story: this forum would have half its current content if people only engaged the ideas of other members and not the ideas they make up.
    So... nothing to contribute except superciliousness and personal attack? How... expected.
    Wearing a mask with your nose sticking out is like wearing a condom on your testicles.

When out walking, look out for PROBlems. You know: maskless Plague Rats On Bicycles who blow past you without giving you time to get out of the way.

Ah, CONServatives, the Masters of Projection (MOPs). With CONServatives, every accusation is a confession. Weird, that.

,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,471x in 36,446 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So... nothing to contribute except superciliousness and personal attack? How... expected.
    First of all, use a $#@!ing thesaurus.

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/supercilious

Secondly, what have you contributed? You erected a straw man and proceeded to attack it. What do expect? A round of applause? A pat on the back? A gold star?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by OGIS; 09-19-2016 at 03:07 PM.

,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,079x in 5,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoosh...

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:12

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsSocial
    waltky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,140x in 1,616 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Amal Clooney on ISIS' Yazidi genocide...

Amal Clooney ‘Ashamed’ of the U.N. on ISIS Targeting Yazidis: ‘States Are Failing to Prevent or Even Punish Genocide’
    September 19, 2016 – World-renowned lawyer and human rights advocate Amal Clooney spoke before the United Nations last week, saying that she is “ashamed” as a supporter of the U.N., as a lawyer, and as a human being of the inaction that she is seeing in the face of the genocide of the Yazidis and other minorities by the Islamic State, or ISIS.
    “This is the first time I have spoken in this chamber,” Clooney said. “I wish I could say I'm proud to be here but I am not. I am ashamed as a supporter of the United Nations that states are failing to prevent or even punish genocide because they find that their own interests get in the way.” Clooney spoke at the U.N. chambers in New York City to introduce her client Nadia Murad, a young Yazidi woman whose family was slaughtered by ISIS and who escaped sex slavery. “I am ashamed as a lawyer that there is no justice being done and barely a complaint being made about it,” she said. “I am ashamed as a woman that girls like Nadia could have their bodies sold and used as battlefields.” “I am ashamed as a human being that we ignore their cries for help,” Clooney emphasized. “We know that what we have before us is genocide, and we know that it is still ongoing. We know exactly who the perpetrators are. They brag. ISIS brags about its crimes online.”

“There is no one more blameless than the young Yazidi girl who has lost everything and who today comes before you and asks for your help,” Clooney said. “Yet two years on, two years after the genocide began, 3,200 Yazidi women and children are still held captive by ISIS.” “Not a single member of ISIS has been prosecuted in a court anywhere in the world for crimes committed against the Yazidi,” she said. “I am proud to know you Nadia, and I am sorry that we have failed you,” Clooney concluded. “I hope that your appointment today can be a turning point for all victims of sexual violence and human trafficking. And to those who thought that in their acts, they could destroy you, let them know this: Nadia Murad’s spirit is not broken and her voice will not be silenced, because as of today, Nadia is the United Nations ambassador who will speak for survivors all over the world.”

Murad related her harrowing experience in testimony before Congress in July. She was taken by ISIS fighters from her village of Kocho in Northern Iraq at the age of 19 in August 2014. “I was one among the thousands of the women who were taken to Mosul,” she testified, recounting, “the first thing they did in Mosul was after distributing us to the fighters was to taking us to the court and have us convert by putting our hand on the Quran.”

Nadia Murad, a young Yazidi, testifies before the U.S. Congress about ISIS's genocide against the Yazidis, Christians and other religious minorities.

Murad said that she “was raped and sold and abused” but counts herself lucky “because girls at age of nine were raped as well.” “Only in two hours in my village more than 700 men were killed,” she said. “Among them were six of my brothers, and same day, my mother was killed too for no reason but for having a different religion.” “I know what is going on now with more than 3,000 Yazidi women, girls, and children who are still in captivity,” she emphasized in her testimony. “When I was held, for every hour that passed I was very happy and grateful for that, if I was not sold, if I was not raped, one hour was counted for me and every hour was counting for me.” “I do not enjoy the feeling of the freedom, because those who committed these crimes have not been held accountable,” she said.

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/lauretta...ing-prevent-or

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsSocial
    waltky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,140x in 1,616 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Yazidis Still Suffering Years After ISIS Genocide...

Yazidis Still Suffering Years After IS Genocide
    April 09, 2018 - Thousands of displaced Yazidis in the Sinjar mountains in Northern Iraq are still suffering and afraid, almost four years after Islamic State attacked Yazidi villages.
    "The situation of the Yazidis in Iraq is of great concern. It is an ongoing humanitarian catastrophe with still close to 400,000 internally displaced scattered throughout the provinces of northern Iraq," Lisa Miara, founder of Springs of Hope Foundation, told VOA.
    Miara said three-and-a-half years after the Yazidi genocide, some villages are still unreachable and no major effort has been made to enable thousands of Yazidis to restore their lives and businesses. Yazidis, an ethno-religious minority group of about 550,000 people, mostly reside in northern Iraq, in an area also populated by Kurds and Arabs.

Women hold a banner during a demonstration marking the first anniversary of Islamic State's surge on Yazidis of the town of Sinjar, in front of the United Nations European headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland

In August 2014, the Islamic State attacked the Yazidi-populated Sinjar mountain, killing thousands of men and taking thousands of women and girls as sex slaves. Yazidis consider the attack one of 74 genocides in their history. The massacre against Yazidis was one of the reasons the U.S.-led military operation, under the authority of President Barack Obama, targeted Islamic State in Iraq in August 2014, the first offensive action by the U.S. in Iraq since it withdrew ground troops in 2011. "Targeted airstrikes to protect our American personnel, and a humanitarian effort to help save thousands of Iraqi civilians who are trapped on a mountain without food and water and facing almost certain death," Obama said at the time.

Humanitarian aid

Given the large-scale humanitarian demand among displaced Yazidis, a number of local and global organizations are pleading to remain focused on the plight of the Yazidis. Saad Babir, communication manager at Yazda Organization, told VOA that basic needs such as electricity, water and education are lacking. In addition, more than 70 percent of houses have been destroyed, and many religious temples targeted by IS are in rubble.

Bahzad Farhan Murad points to a list of missing and killed Yazidis in the small office where he collects evidence on Islamic State crimes against Yazidis, in Dohuk, Iraq

Thousands of Yazidi women kidnapped by IS are still missing. After the defeat of IS in Iraq and Syria, Yazidis feel they have been marginalized and efforts to find the girls — missing since 2014 — have receded. "More than 3,000 women, men and children are still missing. Once IS was gone, no more attention is paid for the victims, no post-IS rehabilitation for the victims, and not just for Yazidis but everyone affected by ISIS," said Babir, using an acronym for the group.

Reconciliation

+ Reply to Thread