Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 195x in 179 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Passion for fashion.

I find that there are always relays in the fashion industry, that when a certain thing becomes new - and nothing is new, honestly, because they always are based on something - it is actually just changing place in the market. this means, of course, you could divide the market into a few sections, due to the media's influences, and, then find that they merely switch to 'old styles.'

I know in the nineties, bell bottoms tried to make a come back in my country. it didn't last long. go figure. anyways, i think the fashion market is influenced by old styles as it is older people dictating what comes out, and their influence was way back when.

So, when does fashion actually innovate? when does it try something new if older people say what is designed and sold?

Maybe if the styles were created by kids, then we would see comics, cartoons and games influence the fashion market? maybe the older people should be listening to the younger generation to find inspiration? that means, of course, it is relayed from the 'comic writers' and other odd balls to the kids. this type of marketing is pure, as, it is about what is exciting and evokes a base emotion, yes?

I think designers should go to kids for inspiration. maybe they should let them color in little booklets of dresses, and see which colors they use and which dress styles they pick? this is what they want to wear, so, refining the 'industry' so that it will be established by the time they become customers could be a investment into your own line.
    !! Thug LIfe !!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett Nortje For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-22-2015)

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 768
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Brett Nortje's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Modesty.

Some people would argue that modesty started in the garden of eden, but, i suppose this is just a lot of ideas coming together. maybe the first time there was modesty was when cave women were having men try to grab their breasts and they covered them with something? maybe the first time there was modesty was when the women wanted to sleep soundly, as, it is a genetic norm for the woman to need to feel secure, yes?

Regardless, there is modesty. it is supposed to protect women from prying eyes and make them feel secure in their environment, of course. their 'mates' would also have a role to play in this sort of thing, not wanting their 'assets' fondled or stared at and coveted.

Now, women in different cultures use modesty differently. in the near east, obviously, there is a great deal of modesty, as, the culture squashes rebellion more there. there are less gentlemen there, as, they do not fight for their woman, instead making the woman not fight at all for anything. this is because the 'elders and influences' on the men at the time decided to have the women dress very conservatively, and, this particular generation of 'those with influence' relayed this onto younger influenced males and families. this is the same as living in the farm lands - if there are two pesticides being sold, the image of the better one will mean it is often bought. this means that the 'beaten pesticide influencer types' were forgotten. this means, only the modesty remained. it is not some slavery or anything going on there, it is just culture in the form of fashion.

What happened in the west was the gentle decline of modesty. i have no idea where it started, but remember it being common for the women of the time to wear these huge bikinis and thinking they were so naughty. then they would start fighting for equality.

The difference between these two cultures is down to who were the decision makers at the time. in the near east, there is a royal family, and they like to keep traditions old. then, europe is affected by america, as they have american media and influence there, and maybe the royal family thought it was okay to do these things? funny it comes down to a royal family in each side of the fence, but that is how i see it.
    !! Thug LIfe !!

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,542x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Nortje View Post
    I find that there are always relays in the fashion industry, that when a certain thing becomes new - and nothing is new, honestly, because they always are based on something - it is actually just changing place in the market. this means, of course, you could divide the market into a few sections, due to the media's influences, and, then find that they merely switch to 'old styles.'

I know in the nineties, bell bottoms tried to make a come back in my country. it didn't last long. go figure. anyways, i think the fashion market is influenced by old styles as it is older people dictating what comes out, and their influence was way back when.

So, when does fashion actually innovate? when does it try something new if older people say what is designed and sold?

Maybe if the styles were created by kids, then we would see comics, cartoons and games influence the fashion market? maybe the older people should be listening to the younger generation to find inspiration? that means, of course, it is relayed from the 'comic writers' and other odd balls to the kids. this type of marketing is pure, as, it is about what is exciting and evokes a base emotion, yes?

I think designers should go to kids for inspiration. maybe they should let them color in little booklets of dresses, and see which colors they use and which dress styles they pick? this is what they want to wear, so, refining the 'industry' so that it will be established by the time they become customers could be a investment into your own line.
    Fashion innovates when new material is found and used to make clothing. Anyway, a lot of the innovation is only seen on stage and high end parties. Most people aren't into it.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people would argue that modesty started in the garden of eden, but, i suppose this is just a lot of ideas coming together. maybe the first time there was modesty was when cave women were having men try to grab their breasts and they covered them with something? maybe the first time there was modesty was when the women wanted to sleep soundly, as, it is a genetic norm for the woman to need to feel secure, yes?

Regardless, there is modesty. it is supposed to protect women from prying eyes and make them feel secure in their environment, of course. their 'mates' would also have a role to play in this sort of thing, not wanting their 'assets' fondled or stared at and coveted.

Now, women in different cultures use modesty differently. in the near east, obviously, there is a great deal of modesty, as, the culture squashes rebellion more there. there are less gentlemen there, as, they do not fight for their woman, instead making the woman not fight at all for anything. this is because the 'elders and influences' on the men at the time decided to have the women dress very conservatively, and, this particular generation of 'those with influence' relayed this onto younger influenced males and families. this is the same as living in the farm lands - if there are two pesticides being sold, the image of the better one will mean it is often bought. this means that the 'beaten pesticide influencer types' were forgotten. this means, only the modesty remained. it is not some slavery or anything going on there, it is just culture in the form of fashion.

What happened in the west was the gentle decline of modesty. i have no idea where it started, but remember it being common for the women of the time to wear these huge bikinis and thinking they were so naughty. then they would start fighting for equality.

The difference between these two cultures is down to who were the decision makers at the time. in the near east, there is a royal family, and they like to keep traditions old. then, europe is affected by america, as they have american media and influence there, and maybe the royal family thought it was okay to do these things? funny it comes down to a royal family in each side of the fence, but that is how i see it.
    The free love movement of the 1960s is probably where female clothing started to get less modest.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Brett Nortje (10-22-2015)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    The free love movement of the 1960s is probably where female clothing started to get less modest.
    Of course you were around at the time?
    !! Thug LIfe !!

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course you were around at the time?
    I wasn't around until 69.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I pay zero attention to fashion, in large part because of my counter-culture mindset.

I see kids - 20-somethings all dressing the exact same way, it's like a military uniform sometimes and I look at that and think to myself "this person/these people have zero self-confidence".

I dress practical. I like cargo shorts that are durable and don't look like $#@! after washing if I slide down a hill with them. I like heavy jeans, shoes/boots, sandals in the summertime because they're easy to manage. Basic shirts too, plain colors.
    my junk is ugly

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fashion is about decorations. like body piercings and tattoos and cars, we all like to send off a signal that we want to. the thing is, many people means many niches. if you were to be at work, and you want to send off a message of standing out or fitting in, looking responsible or being comfortable, all these things will influence how you dress that day. then, there are instances where you want to send out a 'mixed signal,' yes? this could be where you want to make yourself look comely, yet professional, or hard working and well mannered?

All these styles and trends and messages are easy to send out in your own culture, yet, sometimes it doesn't translate. but, of course it translates! don't be fooled, if you wear a skirt, it is because you want to air your legs or it is sexy, yes? this translates over all cultures, as, it is obvious. obviously the less you wear, the more you want to cool off or look for attention. then you could wear a lot to look for attention, look at african women? they like to wear a lot of loud colors to attract attention sometimes, and, then they will also wear big jewelery to make their faces look smaller, as this will counterbalance the effects of the body, yes?

So, what are these constants really that i am trying to relate to you? if you were to observe science, you will find a lot of 'cold' facts about engineering and chemistry. if you were to observe that an angle can handle a lot of stress, it obviously works on the body too - the image, the stress of the ease on the eyes. if you were to observe the medical psychological effects of colors on the mind, then you can coordinate your wardrobe more to your liking of the message, yes?

The problem is that there are so many people out there that adopt a culture of 'one general message.' this is all obviously related as the human being cannot defy science and psychology because they live somewhere else. i mean, if the world was to like a certain message over another, then that message will 'dominate,' yes? can you find any message that dominates? of course you can! it is the message of the night being long sleeved and stuff, as then it is cold. so, weather determines for a whole hemisphere the general style of that place, yes?

Now, the message sent out by 'a people' is down to unemotional hard facts, due to the habitat or city designs, as, we as a species try to blend in. so, if you live out in the bush, you will wear things that protect you from the bush or blend with the bush. if you live in the city, the whole 'stone masonry' effects will lead to a certain attitude and things, so, we are dressed by things around us, including people affected by those things too, and, in turn you affect others due to them affecting you. this is like looking into a mirror, yes? just imagine a constant redressing.
    !! Thug LIfe !!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just watched the matrix and found that in the nineties they were very monotone in america!
    !! Thug LIfe !!

+ Reply to Thread