Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,437x in 4,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carygrant View Post
    Seems you messed up badly yet again and then called the man a fool--- someone who goes out of his way to remain polite when dealing with someone way below his class and knowledge . You ought to be ashamed of yourself .
    Seems you haven't done your homework on this either, since everything I cited is a documented fact. I sure hope you know more about U.K. affairs than you do ours.

Probably not, though.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,200
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Goldie Locks's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,100x in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    Being a U.S. Citizen is not synonymous with being an American. Only a nitwit would think it does. I have a friend who, at age 17, had lived only the first three months of her life in the U.S. or with any Americans. She was, however, a U.S. citizen. Unlike President Obama, now that she's in the U.S. she is learning to be an American. Barack Obama's grandfather hired Frank Marshall Davis to teach Barry to be a communist and to teach him to be black. Somewhere along the line they should have taught him to be an American.
    That is exactly it!!!

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,397
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bladimz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,497x in 1,146 Posts
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We all know how you feel about "Ubama"; how could we not? The question is, is Romney a real American? Avoiding military service because he was "too important to fight in VietNam". Not willing to make sacrifices for his country...

Why is it that sacrificing for your country with your life is heroic to the right-wing, but sacrificing for your country monetarily is against the principles of freedom to pursue happiness. It is in fact the idea of evading of military service to pursue personal riches that sends a tingle up the leg of righties.
    Please note: verbage enclosed by < > indicates sarcasm

"There's class war alright. But it's my class that's making the war. And we're winning it." - Warren Buffet

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,583x in 36,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    birddog's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,347x in 1,083 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    And that's but one of the reasons he should never have been elected president. The MSM has signed it's own death warrant. Oh sure, it'll still be around and people will watch the networks on TV and still read the NYT, USAToday, Chicago Trib, Boston Globe, etc. BUT, we've been betrayed by the MSM, big time because they didn't vet this man (except for FOX) and we'll never forget it. We'll get our news and information from the net.

NO, we won't forget the betrayal. Because it's cost us all dearly. Very dearly. In loss of wealth, jobs, peace of mind, national solvency, Liberty, safety, security, and more. To this very minute, the press still, by and large, coddles this Marxist, globalist, BLTheologist; this very very dangerous man, Barack Hussein Obama. If he's re-elected all hope is gone of a recovery, and a global recession -more likely a global depression will ensue.

We are in great jeopardy.

In the face of what Barack Obama has done to us and what he will do to us if left unbridled, Mitt Romney is a lifeline. Anyone who can't see that is an utter fool.
    His communist teachings and mentioned reasons in post #5 are things I have previously mentioned as to why Obama would never have gotten a TSC clearance from the FBI as a private citizen, yet we elected the SOB to be CIC! Amazing!
    Last edited by birddog; 08-27-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bladimz View Post
    We all know how you feel about "Ubama"; how could we not? The question is, is Romney a real American? Avoiding military service because he was "too important to fight in VietNam". Not willing to make sacrifices for his country...

Why is it that sacrificing for your country with your life is heroic to the right-wing, but sacrificing for your country monetarily is against the principles of freedom to pursue happiness. It is in fact the idea of evading of military service to pursue personal riches that sends a tingle up the leg of righties.
    What an ignorant post! Romney, after proper deferrments, got a high number in the draft lottory, and simply did not volunteer. Your post is especially insulting to some of us who were drafted in the 60s and served honorably. If you want to criticize, how about the coward Clinton, who illegally avoided the draft?

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    What an ignorant post! Romney, after proper deferrments, got a high number in the draft lottory, and simply did not volunteer. Your post is especially insulting to some of us who were drafted in the 60s and served honorably. If you want to criticize, how about the coward Clinton, who illegally avoided the draft?
    My ignorant response...

Mitt Romney Faces New Scrutiny Over Vietnam War-Era Draft Deferments

Though an early supporter of the Vietnam War, Romney avoided military service at the height of the fighting after high school by seeking and receiving four draft deferments, according to Selective Service records. They included college deferments and a 31-month stretch as a "minister of religion" in France, a classification for Mormon missionaries that the church at the time feared was being overused. The country was cutting troop levels by the time he became eligible for the draft, and his lottery number was not called...

..."If it wasn't a political blunder to move into Vietnam, I don't know what is," a 23-year-old Romney would tell The Boston Globe in 1970 during the fifth year of his deferment.

His 31-month religious deferment expired in early 1969. And Romney received an academic studies deferment for much of the next two years. He became available for military service at the end of 1970 when his deferments ran out and he could have been drafted. But by that time, America was beginning to slice its troop levels, and Romney's relatively high lottery number – 300 out of 365 – was not called.
    A 31-month deferment. How very convenient. My number was #4 which was called. They wouldn't accept me because of my scoliosis. I don't know exactly how my post is insulting to those who did serve. These are the people who were willing to put themselves in harm's way for their country, believing that our actions in VietNam were right. How is that insulting?

"There's class war alright. But it's my class that's making the war. And we're winning it." - Warren Buffet

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,583x in 36,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didn't get a single thanks for my Hulk Hogan tribute. $#@! you. $#@! you all.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (08-27-2012)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where do we form the line?

Attachment 360

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bladimz For This Useful Post:

Mister D (08-27-2012)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bladimz View Post
    My ignorant response...

A 31-month deferment. How very convenient. My number was #4 which was called. They wouldn't accept me because of my scoliosis. I don't know exactly how my post is insulting to those who did serve. These are the people who were willing to put themselves in harm's way for their country, believing that our actions in VietNam were right. How is that insulting?
    I meant it only as "insulting" in the sense you criticized Romney's legitimate and proper methods, but you didn't criticize Clinton who lied and had people to lie for him to avoid the draft. I have no problem with you or anyone who could not serve.

+ Reply to Thread