Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43x in 27 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awryly View Post
    Far be it from me to disturb the equanimity of Americans by extolling the comparative virtues of the country from whence I, fortunately, come. But some things cannot be left unsaid. While the US wallows in corporate elitist politics and government, we here are blessed with a political system that:

1. Is not fed by corporate money
    2. Represents, pretty fairly, the views and interest of all New Zealanders.
    3. Is not subject to the mind-boggling cretinism of candidates on the campaign trail.
    4. Gets stuff done without hurtling towards fiscal cliffs and suchlike.

I apologise.
    I apologize.

You have *no weapons* to protect you in case of invasion or your government decides it time to put you in a death camp (for whatever reasons).

Despite the liberal filth (which caused the recent massacre of school children in Newtown, Connecticut), we have firearms, which allow us to keep the U.S. Goverment (and the liberal filth it respresents) at bay. You on the other hand are unarmed, disarmed and like Britain, at the mercy of your government and are therefore a "peasant."

I apologize.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awryly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 146x in 132 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RightWingHomosexual View Post
    I apologize.

You have *no weapons* to protect you in case of invasion or your government decides it time to put you in a death camp (for whatever reasons).

Despite the liberal filth (which caused the recent massacre of school children in Newtown, Connecticut), we have firearms, which allow us to keep the U.S. Goverment (and the liberal filth it respresents) at bay. You on the other hand are unarmed, disarmed and like Britain, at the mercy of your government and are therefore a "peasant."

I apologize.

Please don't apologise. Please seek help.

You need guns so that you can resist and overthrow the government when it attacks you?

Pray tell. When did that last happen? 1776? Or are you a Confederate fellow whose guns did not save him in 1865?

And do you not think a government equipped with the modern miracles of war the US constantly produces could not crush you like a melon - even though you may be armed like an Auroran looking for a night out on the town?

Yours.

Homosexually.
    Last edited by Awryly; 12-22-2012 at 11:29 PM.
    Come sit down beside me I said to myself
    And although it doesn't make sense
    I held my own hand as a small sign of trust
    And together I sat on the fence

Anon. Very anon.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 2,858
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,055x in 14,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please don't apologise. Please seek help.

You need guns so that you can resist and overthrow the government when it attacks you?

Pray tell. When did that last happen? 1776? Or are you a Confederate fellow whose guns did not save him in 1865?

And do you not think a government equipped with the modern miracles of war the US constantly produces could not crush you like a melon - even though you may be armed like an Auroran looking for a night out on the town?

Yours.

Homosexually.
    Clinton went after a church in Waco TX. And Obama and his Attn General holder decided that selling 200 guns to drug dealers in Mexico was a great idea?

While the the alter is not exactly military? It would be nice to defend yourself against some nut job running drugs?

And last, there was a bunch of rag tag farmers that went up against the world milatary power of the day, and won? It created the only nation that gave the power to the people. And the nation that put freedom and liberty above all else? even if that means you ahve to live with a few shootings. Freedom was never Free

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    Clinton went after a church in Waco TX. And Obama and his Attn General holder decided that selling 200 guns to drug dealers in Mexico was a great idea?

While the the alter is not exactly military? It would be nice to defend yourself against some nut job running drugs?

And last, there was a bunch of rag tag farmers that went up against the world milatary power of the day, and won? It created the only nation that gave the power to the people. And the nation that put freedom and liberty above all else? even if that means you ahve to live with a few shootings. Freedom was never Free

We have drug dealers here too. They usually blow themselves up in their own P labs.

And no-one gets shot.

I suspect too many Americans are imagining too many things.

Anon. Very anon.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Far be it from me to disturb the equanimity of Americans by extolling the comparative virtues of the country from whence I, fortunately, come.

But some things cannot be left unsaid.

While the US wallows in corporate elitist politics and government, we here are blessed with a political system that:

1. Is not fed by corporate money
    2. Represents, pretty fairly, the views and interest of all New Zealanders.
    3. Is not subject to the mind-boggling cretinism of candidates on the campaign trail.
    4. Gets stuff done without hurtling towards fiscal cliffs and suchlike.

I apologise.
    Thought I would show you a few things that you might not know about your country???

First look at your GDP per person

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...PP)_per_capita

Well you are a few places above Greece?? and we know what great economic fun they are having

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/new-zealand/gdp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP

Good News, you entire country would make our list of top 10 states, Just, but even in our worst state, we are about a third more productive than your country

Not to fear though, if you get into a jam we will bail you out?

http://transition.usaid.gov/our_work...02-25-2011.pdf

WOW that is a higher percentage of Your GDP and our Gun violence problem???

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I would show you a few things that you might not know about your country???

First look at your GDP per person

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...PP)_per_capita

Well you are a few places above Greece?? and we know what great economic fun they are having

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/new-zealand/gdp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP

Good News, you entire country would make our list of top 10 states, Just, but even in our worst state, we are about a third more productive than your country

Not to fear though, if you get into a jam we will bail you out?

http://transition.usaid.gov/our_work...02-25-2011.pdf

WOW that is a higher percentage of Your GDP and our Gun violence problem???

I suppose you must have a point in there somewhere but heaven only knows what it is.

Our economy is nothing like Greece's. Greece has a public debt of more than 160% of GDP; yours is over 100%; ours is 30% even with an earthquake recovery bill of $20-$30 billion. Our government manages its resources well; you and Greece don't.

We distribute wealth far more equitably than you do through various government social programmes. We have a health system that covers our whole population (not just part of it) at only one third the cost of yours and that keeps us alive for several years longer than you. Our education system is far better than yours. We have murder and other violent crime rates only a fraction of yours (http://www.justice.govt.nz/publicati...-violent-crime).

We travel overseas far more than you do (that takes money). In any year 2.5 million Kiwis travel abroad - that's equal to over half our population. And helps to explain why we are not as ignorant as you. We have the same home ownership rate (about 65%) as you do.

We have a high level of life satisfaction as measured by international surveys; this is despite lower GDP per-head levels than many other OECD countries. The country was ranked 1st in life satisfaction and 5th in overall prosperity by the Legatum Institute. It is ranked well above the US as the best country to be born in the recent Economist survey (7th - you were 16th=) and its largest cities are ranked among the most liveable.

On other international indices, NZ ranks (or has recently ranked):
    • least corrupt country on the planet with the most transparent government
    • most peaceful country on the planet
    • high on the UN Human Development index
    • one of the easiest places to do business (World Economic Forum)
    • one of the environmentally greenest countries (most of our electricity, for example, is produced mainly from renewable resources (hydro and geothermal))
    • one of the most successful sporting nations
    • it is regularly in the top of best tourist destinations (eg Lonely Planet)
    I could go on.

Now what was your point again?
    Last edited by Awryly; 12-23-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Anon. Very anon.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to travel abroad???? your an Island in the middle of nowhere????

Comparing your statistics would be like comparing one of our states and saying that most of the people travel outside of that state in a year????

Again comparing your countries economy to ours, we spend more a year in aid to other countreis that your GDP????? Yes our Dems have us in a Huge spending funk right now, but this country had the ecnomic engin to pay that off. And just so you are perfectly aware wealth ridistribution is what is driving our debt right now as this president is trying to create a larger and larger dependency on government programs. This also is a key factor in violence

Comparing your countries economies to that of the USA and your Crime Rates ect is like Us comparing a State Like California to Utah.(also and beautiful place, great to do business in ect) But lacks ths social problems that CA has in its 6 large cities.

As for your medical system I am glad that it rates high, but the standard you are using measures equality. In other words if there is a riskey opperation that insurance will not cover and a rich persons has the money to cover it and lives in this country, we get down graded for that. Yet some of the best rating countries in the world on you scale have our charity doctors without boarder as there main medical treatment centers, and a really bad flu season is devistaing but the weathly and poor die together. ant that give them a high rating????

This is why all of the countreis aroung the world have the people with means come to America to get state of the art medical treatment.

A few years back a high ranking Canadian Official came to America to get the treatment that would save his life. And was actually attacked by his fellow contrymen in parliment becasue he did not accept the certain death that his countries system provided.

So if that is living my friend. I will ahve to qoute Patrick Henery when he was living under the opression of the King (system) "Give me liberty or give me death"

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to travel abroad???? your an Island in the middle of nowhere????

Comparing your statistics would be like comparing one of our states and saying that most of the people travel outside of that state in a year????

Again comparing your countries economy to ours, we spend more a year in aid to other countreis that your GDP????? Yes our Dems have us in a Huge spending funk right now, but this country had the ecnomic engin to pay that off. And just so you are perfectly aware wealth ridistribution is what is driving our debt right now as this president is trying to create a larger and larger dependency on government programs. This also is a key factor in violence

Comparing your countries economies to that of the USA and your Crime Rates ect is like Us comparing a State Like California to Utah.(also and beautiful place, great to do business in ect) But lacks ths social problems that CA has in its 6 large cities.

As for your medical system I am glad that it rates high, but the standard you are using measures equality. In other words if there is a riskey opperation that insurance will not cover and a rich persons has the money to cover it and lives in this country, we get down graded for that. Yet some of the best rating countries in the world on you scale have our charity doctors without boarder as there main medical treatment centers, and a really bad flu season is devistaing but the weathly and poor die together. ant that give them a high rating????

This is why all of the countreis aroung the world have the people with means come to America to get state of the art medical treatment.

A few years back a high ranking Canadian Official came to America to get the treatment that would save his life. And was actually attacked by his fellow contrymen in parliment becasue he did not accept the certain death that his countries system provided.

So if that is living my friend. I will ahve to qoute Patrick Henery when he was living under the opression of the King (system) "Give me liberty or give me death"

Oh dear.

We can travel and, in the process we learn. We can afford to (which was the economic point you were arguing against). You travel and merely reinforce you own prejudices.

Where did foreign aid come from? I could equally well say you start more wars than us. It would make as much or little sense. And you give most of it to beef up the militaries of Israel, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Egypt. Some aid.

Of course we measure our health system in part on equality of delivery. But rabbiting on about high tech medicine still doesn't give you people a longer life span than us. It still gives you less.

And what makes you think you can split your country up into 50 different parts, willy-nilly? Are you a country or not? I could do the same. We have provinces here, ya know. But it would make as little sense to do that here as to do it there.

PS I'm glad the Canadians find you helpful.

And thanks for the empty-headed quote. I already knew it.

Anon. Very anon.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And guess what? We pay less tax than you.

Thought you might enjoy that.

Anon. Very anon.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear.

We can travel and, in the process we learn. We can afford to (which was the economic point you were arguing against). You travel and merely reinforce you own prejudices.

Where did foreign aid come from? I could equally well say you start more wars than us. It would make as much or little sense. And you give most of it to beef up the militaries of Israel, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Egypt. Some aid.

Of course we measure our health system in part on equality of delivery. But rabbiting on about high tech medicine still doesn't give you people a longer life span than us. It still gives you less.

And what makes you think you can split your country up into 50 different parts, willy-nilly? Are you a country or not? I could do the same. We have provinces here, ya know. But it would make as little sense to do that here as to do it there.

PS I'm glad the Canadians find you helpful.

And thanks for the empty-headed quote. I already knew it.
    No we ar,e a collection of Individual states that make up a country Your first clue should have been United States???????

but you might want to take a look at the 10th amendment, States rights.

And I hope like hell you pay less taxes than we do???? You only have a gdp of a little over 29K per year

Also think of it this way, In Your country I could see all the sights in a a few summers, In our country you wold not live long enough?

So we don't have to leave the country to ahve a great and educational vacation.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zelmo1234 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (12-24-2012)

+ Reply to Thread