Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Perhaps you can't do anything for some of the kids, but there are others who do have more supportive families and they should have a chance at something better than a below par, watered down education.
    I dont think any education is watered down in this country. Whats watered down is what the kids take away from it for a variety of reasons.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,857
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,934x in 8,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I dont think any education is watered down in this country. Whats watered down is what the kids take away from it for a variety of reasons.
    I disagree. Many inner-city schools end up with the worst teachers and operate more like factories than schools. The educational bar is lowered to improve graduation rates, which is all that concerns many of these schools and as a result, they are graduating semi-literate students who cannot compete in the workplace, nor can they pass the entrance exams at post-secondary learning institutions.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,079x in 5,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    What happens when body cams are ripped off the officer or fall off during altercations, you want to charge them with that.

Theres been more cases of body cams exonerating officers, getting them commendations and supporting them than there has condemning them and juries will now get to hear the SOUNDS of what officers are subjected too.

Im all for bodycams and its not going to be the utopia the cop haters think its going to be.
    I'm sure an impartial investigation and trial could clear that up. Then there is jury nullification.

However, police receive training on weapons retention as well as special holsters to make our very difficult to take a weapon from them.

Similar things could be done with cameras.

The job is tough no doubt. But this isn't like the store I but batteries from. If I don't like them enough I can choose another place to buy batteries from.

Law enforcement doesn't have competition. And when it makes mistakes, people can and have lost both freedom and life. If steps can be taken to improve service and reduce corruption, only corruption will oppose it.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:12

+ Reply to Thread