Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresno Activist Dies Under Mysterious Circumstances

Long story short, an activist in Fresno, California named John Lang claimed on social media that the Fresno Police Department were going to have him murdered. Five days later, he was found dead in his residence. Via the Fresno Bee:

Man found dead after suspicious central Fresno fire identified

John Lang, 51, sustained stab wounds

A man who died in a central Fresno fire that police described as suspicious was identified as John Lang, 51.

The man had multiple stab wounds to his abdomen and upper back, authorities said.

The house fire occurred Wednesday at 648 North Van Ness Avenue, just north of Belmont Avenue. Fresno police reported the man’s body was found around 3:15 p.m. by Fresno firefighters inside the house.

He was not responsive when firefighters found him. He was rushed to Community Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

It is unclear whether he died as a result of the stab wounds or the blaze, which damaged much of the home. Investigators are looking into the cause of the fire.

No one else was found inside, and neighbors have not come forward with any information.
    For some reason, the article fails to mention that he predicted his own death on social media just five days earlier:

According to a more in-depth analysis conducted by a Fresno blogger, John Lang had been a vocal critic of the Fresno Police Department prior to his death:

Activist Predicts Death, Says The Cops Killed Him

I simply voice my opinion regarding local government and politics on local blogs. I also discovered local law enforcement had been running a license plate scanning scam where Fresno Cops would scan license plates at Retail Store parking lots (Save Mart, Von’s, HomeDepot, etc.) in lower income neighborhoods. After collecting hits of violations they then would pull the unsuspecting drivers over a few blocks away from the store location in a marked police vehicle claiming they simply came across their vehicle through routine driving patrols. This unethical and possibly illegal activity was simply motivated by “profit” and unfairly targeted Fresno’s poorer residents. I also discovered the Fresno Bee was sharing chat log data with Fresno Law Enforcement of Fresno citizens who were critical of local Fresno Government and Fresno Law Enforcement. Fresno Law Enforcement subsequently used the ip addresses in the chat logs provided by the Bee to track down, stalk, and harass those chat bloggers who were critical of local politics and local law enforcement. Since publicly exposing these local law enforcement activities it’s been a constant onslaught of stalking, harassment, and intimidation directed toward myself from Fresno Law Enforcement. They even tried to set me up and plant false evidence in my home. I filed a request for an Internal Affairs Investigation and that seemed to enrage them even more. They are simply trying to destroy me by any means possible. I am in constant fear for my life. As Kevin Arial, a Face Book pseudonym and alias of a known local cop so eloquently posted to my Face Book page recently: “First rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club, You should know this Mr. Lang! ; D”.
    This story is starting to circulate heavily on social media, so I figured it would be a fun forum project to try to confirm or debunk the theory that he was murdered by the Fresno Police. I welcome all forum members to contribute to either position.

So as to help the project along, I've come up with what I think are the most likely explanations for what occurred. In no particular order:

1. He was murdered by the Fresno Police or someone acting on their behest.
    2. He was murdered by someone who was colluding or cooperating with the Fresno Police.
    3. He was murdered by someone totally unrelated to the Fresno Police.
    4. He committed suicide.

I've already done a little digging myself and have found some oddities, which is all they are at this point. Still, I thought they were interesting enough to share.

Here is one of many security videos that Lang recorded outside his home in Fresno four days before his death:

According to Lang's interpretation of this event, these men were surveilling his house. I noticed that the van had a phone number and the company name on the side so I Google'ed the information and the results were largely inconclusive.

The phone number yielded numerous results that matched up with the company. Here is the entry on White Pages:

So far, so good. But what struck me as a little strange was the fact that all their entries on the various web pages seemed rather sparse. Little or no reviews/comments on their business, for example. And the location of the business according to Google Maps is a home in a residential area. Not crazy or anything, but slightly odd:

I know the address says 1916 instead of 1907, but that's just a glitch in the Google Maps display. That is the correct location you're looking at.

But what I found more than just a little odd was the fact that their White Pages entry had no history on the Way Back Machine, which is a website dedicated to indexing and archiving web pages: https://web.archive.org/web/*/http:/...care-fresno-ca

However, if you search the archive using only the 'business' subdomain (https://web.archive.org/web/*/http:/...com/business/*), you get 225,216 results, meaning the Way Back Machine managed to index and archive approximately that many unique business entries on White Pages. Oddly enough, Guarantee Carpet Care was not one of them. So either the Way Back Machine failed to index and archive that entry or it was created very recently, which I would consider pretty suspicious in light of the circumstances.

Granted, this is not dispositive by any means, but it's certainly intriguing.

I'm really tired right now, so I will just leave it at that for now, but I welcome any of our forum detectives to contribute their investigative skills to this little mystery. Perhaps someone could call the number on the side of the van? If you do, though, I would highly recommend doing so anonymously. One way to go about that is by using a spoofing application that masks your real phone number from caller ID. These kinds of applications can be downloaded for free on your smartphone.

Happy hunting!
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (01-28-2016),Peter1469 (01-28-2016)

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 424
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Nutz's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 71x in 62 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teaper delusions are funny. The government is gonna git ya!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutz View Post
    Teaper delusions are funny. The government is gonna git ya!
    I don't claim to know what really happened. The whole point of this thread is to explore possibilities and to assign them some probabilities. That's why I put it in this subforum and not in Latest Happenings or US Politics.

But this automatic deference to authority figures you have is pretty strange and disturbing, especially when one considers how many atrocities have been committed by governments throughout history. Corruption and abuse in government is actually the norm, so there is nothing "delusional" about being skeptical or suspicious of governmental authority.

So perhaps this thread can be about that, too, because the mindset you're displaying is a big part of why governments throughout history have managed to get away with so many horrendous crimes. Without a legion of useful idiots to uncritically sanction their activities, it's very unlikely those crimes would have occurred.

Here's a story my friend shared with me today that is just a microcosm of that corruption and abuse:

Chicago Police Have Been Sabotaging Their Dash Cams

By Samuel Lieberman

(NY MAG) - After the notorious video of Laquan McDonald getting shot by Chicago police officers 16 times went viral last November, investigators have been making their way through the other videos of the scene. In doing so, they've discovered that three of the dash cams pointed at McDonald that day did not record video, and others had no audio. Now a Chicago Police Department audit reveals that many of the department's dashboard cameras have been deliberately sabotaged.

Last month the CPD found that 80 percent of its 850 dash cams do not record audio, and 12 percent don’t record video either. The CPD has blamed the failures on "operator error or in some cases intentional destruction," and a close reading of that review by DNAinfo Chicago reveals the extent of the latter. Officers frequently tampered with dash cams, stashing microphones in their glove boxes or pulling out batteries. Some dash cams were found with their antennae deliberately destroyed, and others had had their microphones removed altogether.

DNAinfo also describes a months-long repair time for dash cams that experienced “intentional destruction.” For example: Jason Van Dyke, the officer who shot and killed McDonald and has been charged with first-degree murder, brought in his dash cam in early 2014 to have a wiring problem fixed, and got it back three months later, on June 17. The very next day, the dash cam was broken again. This time it took until October 8 to fix what appeared to be intentional damage. Less than two weeks later, his dash-cam footage of the McDonald shooting (which differs from the viral video we all saw) had no sound. Police records show that the microphones in his car had never been synced up to the camera.

I'll post more of these kinds of stories so that people don't forget that abuse and corruption in government is a reality and not a delusion as you seem to believe.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,525x in 94,386 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting case. I will have to look it over in more detail later.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (01-28-2016)

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Subdermal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,374x in 3,871 Posts
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1 possibility:

Someone who hated this guy couldn't have asked for a better circumstance to get away with it, having his potential victim announce and predict in advance that everyone is to blame the police if he died.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 771
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,643x in 1,279 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can call out from a landline and block the caller ID from showing your number, simply by dialing *67 first!

Good story, BTW! Lets find out more!
    Anyone who trusts Gov.t is CRAZY!

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,261
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    JDubya's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,496x in 1,993 Posts
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was killed by BLM activists, looking for any opportunity to cast more suspicion upon the police.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,113x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDubya View Post
    He was killed by BLM activists, looking for any opportunity to cast more suspicion upon the police.
    My bet it on the government. There is precedence there.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Private Pickle For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (02-09-2016)

+ Reply to Thread