Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 210x in 133 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GCF View Post
    Contract with America, was that 20 years ago or damn near an Mitt had nothing to do with it.
    Oh my God you can't be this stupid. What was my argument from the beginning? The REPUBLICANS offer the best chance the libertarians have for getting their ideas into law! Thats why I brought it up!

Do you read anything or do you just enjoy embarrassing yourself over and over again?

Yet, you bring up the House which I already acknowledge,
    Not once have you done that.

you still have the Senate to deal with an a President that has no real desire to tackle that problem with others that will be on his plate, inother words he will have to pick the battles to fight on day one. With that little voice in my head saying Mitt will not pick the welfare as his top issue to fight. Last thing a Republican President is gonna do is pick a fight over welfare esp to start his administration with.
    I'm going to ask again. Try reading slowly. Do you believe Romney and the Republicans want more people on government dependence? Simple question.

Let us go from this direction, what has Romney offer up to convince me or any person including yourself that he is serious about dealing with Welfare?
    This took about 30 seconds to find.

What is it about American culture that has led us to become the most powerful nation in the history of the world? We believe in hard work and education. We love opportunity: almost all of us are immigrants or descendants of immigrants who came here for opportunity--opportunity is in our DNA. Americans love God, and those who don’t have faith, typically believe in something greater than themselves. The values and beliefs of the free American people are the source of our nation’s strength and they always will be.The threat to our culture comes from within. The 1960’s welfare programs created a culture of poverty. Some think we won that battle when we reformed welfare, but the liberals haven’t given up. At every turn, they try to substitute government largesse for individual responsibility. Dependency is death to initiative, risk-taking and opportunity. Dependency is a culture-killing drug. We have got to fight it like the poison it is.

My system is primarily based on trying to create jobs, not handing out cash to individuals. I do lower the lowest income tax bracket from 10% to 7.5%. And that helps people at the low economic level. But the heart of what I’m doing is trying to get businesses to become more active, buying capital equipment, trying to get businesses to grow in this country and to create more jobs.

What you want to do is provide the incentives to help companies to be create new jobs. Obviously, the best antidote to having an economic slowdown is growth in the business sector, creating jobs, and that generates more income for everybody. But for those that are not paying any taxes at all, simply writing a check doesn’t seem to me to be the right course to follow.

Even at the most basic level if you ignore everything else he is clearly against government handouts making him the polar opposite to Obama. Is google broken for you?

In fact, I find Obamacare a much more serious issue at this time, that will cover 100% if its logical outcome comes to pass. Romney is now starting to waffle on the issue suggesting what he wants to keep out of it, what he wants will "Drive" Insurance Companies out of the market, leaving what you suppose?
    And what has Romney said about Obamacare?

Again do you just ignore the most common facts possible?

I have never ignored it, the fact is Obamacare, SS and Medicare and a refusal of this Nation to admit it can no longer afford to be the world policemen. With a debt at 16T an climbing fast, even faster now with Fed announcement today how long you think we can keep it up with Obama or Romney? It is going to end one way or another, how it plays out better is the only real question. Plus I don't know why you keep wanting to call me a liberal only because we have differences on a few issues! I might be non-sensical at times but a liberal or progressive I am not.
    You certainly sound like one. You ignore the stark differences between the two men and you want to be taken seriously at the same time and ignore the arguments I put right in front of you.

You think Obamacare, SS and medicare are big issues. Explain to us all here how Romney and Obama are the same. Simply making that moronic statement doesn't cut it. Support your claim.

So will Romney!
    THEN PROVE IT! SHOW US ALL THE EVIDENCE OF THIS LIE.

Plus I don't necessarily believe that outcome, while a lot do but I'm confident enough when the well runs dry most will be able to handle it. Plus if we agree that we are nearing bankruptcy as a Nation why not let the lazy have a final pull on the tit? There the ones that going to end up paying with the greatest pain, the middle an lower middle class!
    This really is like talking to a wall. You refuse to acknowledge any difference between the two parties despite the mountain of evidence you have been given and provide nothing in return to support your claims.

You keep going back here?
    Because its REALITY.

This is where the disconnect is occuring. The outcome here is basically decided, I live in TN, do you actual fear TN is going to be won by Obama? It really doesn't matter who I vote for, Romney wins TN. Maybe I can sneak over to NC an vote there? Yet I don't think Obama gonna win there either! If Romney an the RNC loose this election they have no one else to blame but themselves.
    That doesn't explain your mindset or lack of argument to prove your claims they are the same.

Okay, lets just say for argument I give the Welfare issue, even though there is simply nothing out there that would suggest Romney is gonna tackle it in any serious manner.
    LOL Now you are changing the argument. First it was they are the same. Now its he wont tackle it seriously according to you. Classic backpedaling.

It still one issue, a issue of least importance an likely not to sway what I will end up doing regardless. There are bigger issues, such as Liberties, SS, Medicare, Regulations, Military that really rank a lot higher in my mind. Or should I say don't get a grip on SS, Medicare and Obamacare everything else is mute, it will end when the bank runs dry, welfare will be cut to down to size quickly regardless of who is or isn't President.
    Why do you continue to ignore the most serious point that we will be OUTNUMBERED by dependents if Obama wins. How many times do the numbers have to be put in front of you before you accept reality?
    Last edited by texmaster; 09-14-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,486x in 55,026 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    There is no convincing you because you run away from making any argument to the contrary.

See genius, this is how it works. Making a moronic statement is not an argument. Running away from supporting your moronic statement only displays cowardice.
    you run away from making any argument to the contrary
    To the contrary, I'm right here.

See genius, this is how it works.
    Could you demonstrate and provide a rational argument?

Making a moronic statement is not an argument.
    You mean like your OP, I agree, it's not rational, but a logically fallacious poisoning of the well, as I have demonstrated.

Running away from supporting your moronic statement only displays cowardice.
    Again, I'm right here and I have demonstrated the logical fallacy of your so-called argument. Since you have not countered that demonstration with anything but further logical fallacies, ad hominem, as you're doing now, a white-flag waving admission you have no argument, I submit you're the one running away.

At this point I need to ask you, do you even know what a proof is? You claim "I can prove it". Do you know what that means? If so, please demonstrate, provide an argument in logically syllogistic form. State your premises, state your conclusion, and elaborate the logical connection between your premises and conclusion. Logical fallacies don't cut it. I'm looking forward to the show.

For clarity, this is what you must prove: . Mathematically, you're claiming the set {1,0,0} = {0,1,0}, and we know that's false, so good luck.
    Last edited by Chris; 09-14-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,769
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mainecoons's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,437x in 4,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm, not so fast there, Amigo.

How could a vote for Gary Johnson be a vote for Obama? Simply if it is NOT a vote for Romney. Just as the Perot vote drew from the Republicans and got Clinton his first term, a big Johnson vote is almost certainly going to come mostly out of the Romney column.

We don't need to get into set theory here, this is practical reality we're talking about.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,627
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    KC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,042x in 2,810 Posts
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    This is absolutely true in the polarized two party system in the US. In Canada and Europe [where the trend is dangerously going the other way] a vote for a third or forth party is not wasted as often it moderates the majority party and, in the case of the early days in the Harper government, held them to a minority where they had to learn to compromise with either the middle party or the the left.
    The result was eight years of some pretty good government where tax cuts and cost cutting were moderated, harm to those affected was reduced.

In the US, and with the climate of "enemies" established b y Obama, that simply isn't going to happen.
    \
    The only way to stop this runaway spending freight train is to derail it bu any means possible......
    So you admit that voting for anyone with a chance of winning will not act in the best interests of the American people, or at least that won't be his/her main priority, yet you claim voting for Johnson is stupid. The interests of the American people and wealthy corporations/unions aren't always mutually exclusive, but having said that, Romney will do what's best for his major backers, just like Obama. So if either way way we're screwed why not make a protest vote for someone with no chance?

+ Reply to Thread