Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Illegal immigration compared to Jaywalking by WH tool

But of course, crossing the border is just a simple crime, yet if I cross into mexico illegally I could spend 6 months to 2 years plus a fine and the bad water. Anyone who doesn't pay taxes, takes jobs and is a burden on the country is more than a jaywalker.

We can't afford to throw everyone out because they'll come back but Obama must enforce all laws on the books or face impeachment.....he's been warned in the past. This move is purely about votes.

With the debt ceiling issue, Obama said we can't bypass congress. Depends on the issue, that's the liberal way.......what can I get for violating principle, the people and the country.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/whit...ion-jaywalking

- Cecilia Munoz, the White House director of intergovernmental affairs, compared the federal crime of being in the country illegally to jaywalking.

"If you were running the police department of any urban area in this country, you would spend more resources going after serious criminals than after jaywalkers. DHS (the Department of Homeland Security) is doing the immigration equivalent of the same thing," Munoz told the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) conference on Monday.

Munoz was referring to the administration's new policy of "prosecutorial discretion," outlined in a June memo from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency, which falls under DHS.

Under the new policy, immigration officials will prioritize deportation orders, acting only on those involving people convicted of serious crimes or those who pose a national security or public safety threat.

The memo also directs ICE agents to consider how long an individual has been in the U.S., whether that person has a spouse or children who are U.S. citizens, and whether that person has a serious criminal record. Crimes victims, witnesses to crimes, or people who are charged with minor traffic violations, would avoid deportation under the ICE guidance

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/guti...ation-illegals

Gutierrez: 'I Want to Thank' Obama for Bypassing Congress to Cancel Deportation of Illegals

Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code makes it a federal crime to be in the United States illegally. Nevertheless, the Obama administration in August directed federal immigration officials to use "prosecutorial discretion" in deciding which illegal aliens to detain and deport.

“We had a president of the United States that recently was speaking at National Council of La Raza who said during his speech, ‘There are those who simply wish me to bypass Congress when it comes to immigration,’ and many in the audience clapped, saying, ‘Yup, bypass Congress…’” Gutierrez told the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) conference on Monday.

“He (Obama) said, ‘But I can’t bypass Congress,’ and people in the audience said, ‘Yes you can,’ and you want to know something? They were right -- he could and he did, and I want to thank the President of the United States, and I want to thank all of those that work at the White House for issuing new guidance when it comes to deportations,” Gutierrez added.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Juggernaut For This Useful Post:

waltky (11-10-2012)