Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,383x in 15,850 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ultimate Optics Guide to Rifle Shooting... a comprehensive guide to using your riflescope on the range and in the field.

It is actually a pretty good read. Most people don't really know how to get the most out of their optics.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Orion Rules (03-09-2018)

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 793
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,094x in 12,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Reading two books. 'Hail to the Chin: Further Confessions of a B Movie Actor' by Bruce Campbell. (After reading his description of shooting Alien Apocalypse and Man With the Screaming Brain in Bulgaria, followed by making My Name is Bruce on his own property up in Oregon, in a "town" constructed of scrap lumber, I felt compelled to order a DVD from Amazon containing all three films. The best $8.68 I've ever spent, I'm sure.) Includes the 'Burn Notice' years, wherein we find that he hated almost everything about Miami except for one very groovy bar.

Also reading 'Ice' by Tracy Marrow a/k/a Ice-T. Hard to know how much of the writing is his own and how much is "polish" by his co-author, but it very much sounds like the man, himself, and the writing is very, very good. I know a lot of people form their opinion of Ice-T from the anti-police lyrics of his rapping years, and I look forward to seeing how he deals with that in his book. Judging by what I have read so far, I strongly suspect that he will deal with it honestly. He was a middle-class kid from New Jersey whose parents died when he was very young, and who got sent to live with relatives in Los Angeles. Never a gangbanger himself, he nevertheless went to school with some of the worst of the worst and watched the Black street gangs morph from relatively benign groups rooted in mutual protection into murderous criminals obsessed with money and revenge.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Chinese Astrology", Pelanduk Productions: The Five Elements:

"By wood can be produced fire, by fire can be produced earth...; from earth can be produced metal...; from metal can be produced water...; from water can be produced wood...." page 47.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

Deciphered it means that water is the most powerful, as it can set the whole course of nature on top of its head, for as fire is met by water, the government upon Christ's shoulder is of Heaven.

Meaning Earth will meet the LORD in the air because He is everywhere first and foremost, and if one is sent to hell, or the fire, there will be no water there, Yeshua said, the fire is not quenching.

~~~~~~~THE SEVEN SEAS OF SEVEN OCEANS~~~~~~~boats...motors...oil...platforms caught fire, God said to not hurt the oil and the wine of the vine of the Earth to create for pollution.

From earth can be produced wood, the tree of life stands for a most sacred place, that mankind cannot touch it or be near it, just because the tree of knowledge of good and evil was by God forbidden.

Meaning Earth will meet the LORD in the air because He is everywhere first and foremost, and if one is sent to hell, or the fire, there will be no water there, as Yeshua said the fire is not for quenching.
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    silvereyes's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,850x in 4,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading To Kill a Mockingbird again. My favorite book.
    At the end of the day...I am still glad that I am me. Tail and all.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvereyes For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (06-16-2018),Orion Rules (12-01-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Prehistoric London: It's Mounds and Circles" by E. O. Gordon
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Oxford Annotated Bible with the Apocrypha || Revised Standard Version + College Edition, 1962

This version was purchased at a used book store, and it has never failed to provide exactly what is needed at a particular time. As in fact, there is not a single version of the Bible, whether a particular version is considered to be redacted or not, or to have different words placed in several places as substitutes, study further, because you are required by what Christians know to be the truth to study to show oneself approved, a workman not ashamed of what they have been shown by scripture reading, that the truth will unfold before them.

America has a duty, as a birthright, to study the truth regarding the lost tribes of Israel. This is not a matter that has never been political. Heaven is a real place, not a figment of someone's imagination. Hell is real also, although there may be purgatory in between. Even the Apostle Paul prayed for ‘the household of Onesiphorus’, (2 Timothy 1:18). He had helped Paul at Ephesus. There is also the example of 2 Maccabees the 12th chapter, verses 44-46.

A priesthood of believers is what the correct Biblical teaching is. A heretic lived inside of the Vatican: The red emperor called Diocletian. The pink dragons. Amos 5:8, the destruction of the temples of the original saints called Christians.

They threw Daniel the prophet in the lions' den. How long has gone the entrapments for the souls of men? The day they thought Noah was still a fool when the evidence was in abundance. The Bible states that no man, not even the flesh that was called Jesus, knew the day or the hour, only his Father who is in Heaven.

A'mer'i'-ka, what a selfish finding. A thousand bolts of lightning strikes, Vladimir Putin. What the world is saying: 'America has wasted lives, it is time for its ruination. The jew$ are a problem. They would light the whole world on fire for a lie'.

America has been blessed above all of the nations of Israel. That a river divides Manasseh in half, and that a map depicts how things are in terms of nations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribe_of_Manasseh

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,368x in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Right now reading 'Going the Other Way' by Billy Bean - the autobiography of the first openly gay former Major League ballplayer.

Just finished 'The Girl in the Spider's Web' by David Lagercrantz. If you read and enjoyed the late Stieg Larsson's Millenium Trilogy - 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo', etc. - have no fear...Lagercrantz has done an absolutely masterful job of continuing the story. Not all continuation novels are anywhere near as successful as this one in capturing the intricate plotting, the slow buildup of suspense, and all the other elements that make the original so entertaining. Lagercrantz has done it in a masterful way.

Before that, I tried to read David Labrava's 'Becoming a Son'. I'm a big Sons of Anarchy fan, and particularly liked Labrava's 'Happy' character on the show. I'd read that he had led an interesting life and was looking forward to reading his book, but... If ever a book needed a professional editor or co-writer and very obviously did not get one, this is it. From the simplest thing like not indenting paragraphs, to narrative flaws like changing ages in the middle of a story and jumping around from one time period to another with apparent randomness, this book is a hard, hard read. From reading some reviews, as well as flipping through the unread 3/4 of the book myself, I discovered that Labrava does not even mention his motorcycle club affiliation, which is actually one of the things I mostly wanted to read about. Doing and smuggling drugs, getting laid and surfing are all fine in their place, I suppose, but it's tough to make a big, dense, very badly written book fascinating with only those things to work with.

Before that attempt, I read one of the finest Sherlock Holmes stories I've ever encountered - Molly MacBird's 'Art of the Blood'. I've been reading Holmes since I was about twelve, and have been searching out and reading continuation novels and pastiches by authors other than Conan Doyle for almost as long, and 'Art of the Blood' is up there near the top of my personal favorites list.
    I just recently finished Mary Shelly's Frankenstein. I don't usually read novels, but this one is a classic, and it is so different from the original movie. Her style makes it almost believable.

You gotta read Grapes of Wrath; it runs rings around the movie: classic actors but just a small portion if the book.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jet57 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (06-16-2018),Orion Rules (12-01-2019)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Green Arrow I just started The Romanovs by Montefiore this week. Great narrative.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Green Arrow (06-21-2018)

Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    @Green Arrow I just started The Romanovs by Montefiore this week. Great narrative.
    I think GA has made the very wise decision to spend less time here. I barely see him around anymore.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I think GA has made the very wise decision to spend less time here. I barely see him around anymore.
    True. I don't either. Still, he may enjoy discussing the book if he pops in.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

+ Reply to Thread