User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: "Great" Britain needs a makeover...

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It is possible to be right and popular at the same time .
    Yes, by pure chance, for popular does not in any way imply right.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Carygrant's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 282x in 246 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yes, by pure chance, for popular does not in any way imply right.

Who said it did ?
    Once again you give answers to questions that have not even been raised .
    A conditioned habit among Authoritarian personalities , I understand ..

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carygrant View Post
    Who said it did ?
    Once again you give answers to questions that have not even been raised .
    A conditioned habit among Authoritarian personalities , I understand ..
    Uh, it was a response to your "It is possible to be right and popular at the same time ."

Speaking of answering questions not asked, seems to me you think, mistakenly, any response to any post is a disagreement when my response was an expansion and clarification of your post.

And then you make up nonsense about authority as a straw man to knock down. I suppose you think people are amazed at your prowess! Think before you post.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awryly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 146x in 132 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where does this idea of a tottering Gov't come from? Whatever individual policy differences there are between the two Coalition parties , there is no chance of a split .It simply makes no sense for either .
    Further , the opposition are weak and unliked , with no " wise" voice to be heard .
    Your analogy with the Falklands war is extravagant . Let alone the fact that it forgets to mention that it was the Argentinians who attacked us . It was not a situation we manufactured .Let alone Saint Margaret .
    In summary , Cameron may gein tremendous kudos from extracting concessions from the EU . However , he is considerably more pragmatic and honourable than simply imagining that his stance will win him votes . It is possible to be right and popular at the same time .

P.S. Seems a shame that you have forgotten that we stood on principles when punishing the Argentinians for attempted theft . We also protected our possible long term wealth --- good dollops of oil . Hardly silly .

Well, let's see. The Tories are losing votes hand over fist and the LibDems are being crushed. They won't survive an election. And what remnants do will be of no use to the Tories even if they are again inclined to set themselves on the path to extinction. Meanwhile, Labour and other parties are raking in votes. That, in my lexicon, is "tottering".

http://www.ukpolitical.info/General_election_polls.htm

That's why Cameron needs to piggy-back on a wave of jingoism. As Thatcher did (and it saved her despite the fact she was staring defeat in the face).

With grotesque irony, Thatcher called your invasion Operation Corporate. Run on the back, yet again, of American weaponry and British corporate interests, I assume.

But it conveniently inspired the ridiculous masses she had crushed to re-elect her.

And please don't speak to me about "honour". The ghastly woman you appear to have canonised was a bedmate of that homicidal maniac General Pinochet who murdered his citizens in vast numbers, among other atrocities. You "honour" her only because she did stuff that suited your vulture capitalist agenda.

It surprises me only that both of them were not hanged. But I see Thatcher has a well-deserved bladder tumour and dodders around like your queen. Pinochet died a deservedly and desperately lingering death in total ignomy.

Your "saint" is doing the same.
    Last edited by Awryly; 12-29-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Come sit down beside me I said to myself
    And although it doesn't make sense
    I held my own hand as a small sign of trust
    And together I sat on the fence

Anon. Very anon.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Awryly;208428]Well, let's see. The Tories are losing votes hand over fist and the LibDems are being crushed. They won't survive an election. And what remnants do will be of no use to the Tories even if they are again inclined to set themselves on the path to extinction. Meanwhile, Labour and other parties are raking in votes. That, in my lexicon, is "tottering".etc QUOTE

Sorry to see you with such a hangover . The glasses may help the head but not apparently the selective vision .
    Your voting thoughts are idle nonsense and in the absence of any national election until 2015 I suspect you may be muddling us with some other country -- may be France .
    That you don't understand why Saint Margaret ranks with Mister Churchill as one of the two greatest British people of the 20th century is a pity . But then distance can often be a handicap .
    Yes , I know life has had its irritants for you --- being thrashed on the Rugby field by England and repeatedly shown that Britain still rules the waves in the Olympics . And even I have been surprised to see the rapid demise of your wine industry most notably by the new world forces of Chile and Argentina .
    No wonder you have dyspepsia .

P.S. Saint Maggy is doing great after her minor hospital visit . At 87 she remains an inspiration and she certainly inspired us to find a top place in the new world order that has emerged in the last 30 years .And don't raise your hopes with your Cricket side . I suspect we shall send our second eleven to deal with you .

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That you don't understand why Saint Margaret ranks with Mister Churchill
    Idle?

You have the temerity to put that hag in the same sentence as the man who saved the free world?

(With the assistance, of course, of Sir Keith Park. A Kiwi. To whom you have had the unusually good sense to erect a statue.)

I doubt anyone will erect a statue to Margaret Thatcher.

Maybe a burial at sea. bin Laden style. Somewhere in the Arctic.
    Last edited by Awryly; 12-30-2012 at 05:08 AM.

Anon. Very anon.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To Wryly ,
    I have rushed part of David's New Year chat to you .

"The deficit is forecast to be a quarter smaller at the New Year than it was when the coalition Government came to office. There are almost half a million more people in work, and more than 1,000 new academy schools have opened, said Mr Cameron.
    And he hailed moves to take millions of low-paid workers out of income tax, freeze council tax bills and deliver the largest-ever increase in the state pension.
    "This is, quite simply, a Government in a hurry," said Mr Cameron. "And there's a reason for that.
    "Britain is in a global race to succeed today. It is a race with countries like China, India and Indonesia; a race for the jobs and opportunities of the future.
    "So, when people say we can slow down on cutting our debts, we are saying no. We can't win in this world with a great millstone of debt round our necks."

It's just like Maggie again . What a fine chap and a history making duo . Three cheers , I say .

P.S. There are plenty of statues already of her saintliness . We have a four and a half acre communal residents garden where I live , and we are looking at raising a commemorative statue for her right now .
    To a glorious woman of simple goodness who put the "Great" back in front of , Britain .
    Last edited by Carygrant; 12-30-2012 at 06:06 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Carygrant For This Useful Post:

zelmo1234 (12-30-2012)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To Wryly ,
    I have rushed part of David's New Year chat to you .

"The deficit is forecast to be a quarter smaller at the New Year than it was when the coalition Government came to office. There are almost half a million more people in work, and more than 1,000 new academy schools have opened, said Mr Cameron.
    And he hailed moves to take millions of low-paid workers out of income tax, freeze council tax bills and deliver the largest-ever increase in the state pension.
    "This is, quite simply, a Government in a hurry," said Mr Cameron. "And there's a reason for that.
    "Britain is in a global race to succeed today. It is a race with countries like China, India and Indonesia; a race for the jobs and opportunities of the future.
    "So, when people say we can slow down on cutting our debts, we are saying no. We can't win in this world with a great millstone of debt round our necks."

It's just like Maggie again . What a fine chap and a history making duo . Three cheers , I say .

P.S. There are plenty of statues already of her saintliness . We have a four and a half acre communal residents garden where I live , and we are looking at raising a commemorative statue for her right now .
    To a glorious woman of simple goodness who put the "Great" back in front of , Britain .
    Ah.

One cannot hear from David "I've got a very clear message for you............................................... .................................................. .......... soon and often enough".

Give him my best wishes for something.

Anon. Very anon.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I'd... have the Peckhams (Beckhams) dragged to the edge of the village and flogged because they are insufferable to anyone of intelligence, and they actively chase the paparazzi," he fumed in Loaded magazine.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...ckham-flogging

I offer my services whipping-wise.

Anon. Very anon.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    GrumpyDog's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 210x in 170 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If USA, Britain, and Europe, are in a race with China, then they have already lost.

No American, British, or Europeans in general, are going to be willing to work for 1$/day, or even $5/day.

So capitalism inevitably will reduce world population to a large % of low to poor, if no world wide standards for labor and wages are adopted.

+ Reply to Thread