User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: "Great" Britain needs a makeover...

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Kizzume's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 185x in 118 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you have nothing, throw insults.
    Sorry--but I do not accept the idea that being intolerant of intolerance is THE SAME THING as being intolerant of anything else.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Carygrant's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 282x in 246 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just five weeks after this light hearted thread was opened , Britain has politely received the many affirmations of it's continuing greatness .
    As it swings out of recession with a vigour rarely seen these days , the rest of the world marvels at this island with such a small manufacturing base that continues to slug it out with the big boys .
    Amazing . Statistically a feather weight , punching it out with the heavy weights .
    What is it that gives this island's inhabitants the mental and physical abilities and talents that allow it to walk the red carpet ?
    If only those special qualities could be bottled and fed to the US --- or the land of the Obese Hilly Billy people as History will name them - or even to very small places , far far away from anywhere --- Zealand springs to mind -- full of Conservative and lazy old fashioned people .

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awryly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 146x in 132 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carygrant View Post
    Just five weeks after this light hearted thread was opened , Britain has politely received the many affirmations of it's continuing greatness .
    As it swings out of recession with a vigour rarely seen these days , the rest of the world marvels at this island with such a small manufacturing base that continues to slug it out with the big boys .
    Amazing . Statistically a feather weight , punching it out with the heavy weights .
    What is it that gives this island's inhabitants the mental and physical abilities and talents that allow it to walk the red carpet ?
    If only those special qualities could be bottled and fed to the US --- or the land of the Obese Hilly Billy people as History will name them - or even to very small places , far far away from anywhere --- Zealand springs to mind -- full of Conservative and lazy old fashioned people .
    It was the Romans. Who led the way you are going.

Except that the barbarians at your gates are mainly home-grown.

Where did you get the idea we are "conservative" and old-fashioned"? It was you who made Downton Abbey.
    Come sit down beside me I said to myself
    And although it doesn't make sense
    I held my own hand as a small sign of trust
    And together I sat on the fence

Anon. Very anon.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Downton Abbey ?
    And it's you suckers who soak it up , believe it to be accurate and make us piles of dosh .

I have tried to create a mind set which somehow connects the fall of the Roman Empire and the move of the Victorian Empire back to normalcy. I can't even find any decent evidence of Orgies to support your position , or , as yet , amphitheatres built for the regular feeding of obese American Hilly Billy people to wild animals .
    Hopefully the latter will arrive but until then we shall continue to make plans to invade France and develop the present UK into various PC theme parks and centres along with world universities for the Stupid , Vain and Ignorant -- making sure we always appoint American Hilly Billy people as Chancellors --- Romney , for example would be great . His ability to make money through Goldman Sachs but his otherwise stupid persona mark him as a special candidate .

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose it comes down to how you define an orgy.

Cameron seems to have one single-handedly every time I have the misfortune of having to listen to him. Savile had them routinely in plain sight of his employers and hospital establishments across the country, it seems. News Limited staff conducted them under the close eye of the police and your politicians. Your banks have been having orgies without end paid happily out of the public purse.

But perhaps these are not what you might define as regular orgies involving just an exchange of bodily parts and fluids.

Anon. Very anon.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the way Obama has to soak up America's guilt over its own people's greed and selfishness , so does Cameron over here .
    That can obscure the plain fact that both are very caring and considerate people .And extremely smart and savvy .
    Jimmy Savill is a single person who was a conniving con man as well as a sex pervert of several different hues . We try not to judge America by single personalities -- I would say New Zealand , but I cannot think of a famous person from those islands .
    To somehow assume a national platform from one stupid person who got lucky , is as silly as saying that Mutt Misfit typifies Hilly Billy Americans --- though I suspect he does
    I am not aware that our Banks are in any way better or significantly worse than those in other important economic power blocks .
    So let's have some sensible thoughts . Less of the tittle tattle and misplaced gossip .
    I look to people like you to raise discussion from the rather coarse and misinformed level we constantly get from the obsessed Republicans

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well at least we don't use twitter to let people know about earthquakes. Minutes count and Canada was not informed, the US had to.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that the UK has more daily earth tremors than anywhere else on the planet but the drift of your last Post eludes me .

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that the UK has more daily earth tremors than anywhere else on the planet but the drift of your last Post eludes me .

Me too. Every news channel I try to view (with the exception of Russia Today) carries incessant and unending coverage of how much water has found its way into New York.

Unfortunately I can't get Al Jazeera to discover how many people are getting killed (and why) in Mali, Syria, Nigeria and Greece.
    Last edited by Awryly; 10-31-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Anon. Very anon.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the way Obama has to soak up America's guilt over its own people's greed and selfishness , so does Cameron over here .
    That can obscure the plain fact that both are very caring and considerate people .And extremely smart and savvy .
    Jimmy Savill is a single person who was a conniving con man as well as a sex pervert of several different hues . We try not to judge America by single personalities -- I would say New Zealand , but I cannot think of a famous person from those islands .
    To somehow assume a national platform from one stupid person who got lucky , is as silly as saying that Mutt Misfit typifies Hilly Billy Americans --- though I suspect he does
    I am not aware that our Banks are in any way better or significantly worse than those in other important economic power blocks .
    So let's have some sensible thoughts . Less of the tittle tattle and misplaced gossip .
    I look to people like you to raise discussion from the rather coarse and misinformed level we constantly get from the obsessed Republicans

There is a pattern in the UK of toxic behaviour sanctified for years by establishment organisations, including your government

I did not think my observations were in the least frivolous.

Anon. Very anon.

+ Reply to Thread