User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Great" Britain needs a makeover...

Hybrid View

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awryly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 146x in 132 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Great" Britain needs a makeover...

...along the lines of the TV series Little Britain.

The place is a disaster zone. It's even running out of water.

And, in the long line of rightwing American poodles that have "led" it into one disaster after another, its current Thatcher/Blair clone, David Cameron, is continuing the struggle to make his rich richer. Even the Scots are getting pissed off and want to leave this "greatness" behind them.

Living standards for low- and middle-income households will fall until 2020, even if the country enters a golden period of steady economic growth, according to an incendiary analysis of deepening income inequality in Britain.

The independent study, carried out for the Resolution Foundation by the Institute for Fiscal Studies and the Institute for Employment Research, paints a stark picture of a nation increasingly polarised between a poorer half whose incomes are set to fall and a top half whose living standards will continue to rise.
    Come sit down beside me I said to myself
    And although it doesn't make sense
    I held my own hand as a small sign of trust
    And together I sat on the fence

Anon. Very anon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Awryly For This Useful Post:

Mainecoons (09-23-2012)

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Carygrant's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 282x in 246 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if I am bored , should I sit down and make up a piece about Zealanders ?
    And tell the audience how even your wine has become as predictably boring as the people who live there ? Should we talk about a very small country whose only raison d'etre is to play rugby ?
    However , playing your light hearted game just a little :-

I think you will find all middle incomes will drop in all developed countries, plus most of the remaining places , in the next decade . And because of run away contagion , no major player will be exempt , regardless of any action taken after the horse has bolted and is already seven leagues away .
    There could even be a more fundamental class shift to an even greater divide between the "Haves " and " Have nots" .
    Understandably you have absolutely not a clue about what goes on politically here as exampled by your confusion of PMs into one continuing trend or serial movement . I appreciate you are just pulling people's legs but it is dangerous for these reasons
    1.It is a long long way from reality .
    2. Americans have no sense of mature humour and because of their over literal nature tend to be gullible and unquestioning . As you know full well , the only real Forum driver is headless Americans running around making lots of noise but saying nothing of great import or interest .
    That's primarily their own problem but they are so noisy and self righteous that they become very irritating and an infernal nuisance . So never encourage them by using any sort of humour , however well intentioned . It just ends up zooming over their heads and confusing the poor dears even further .
    3.It is very easy to be hyper critical about team GB simply because we hand out free information for others to use against us , much as onlookers throw rice and confetti at a christian Wedding ( see Wikipedia if you have not heard of that old custom ).
    You might say that we are too honest and transparent for our good in the sense of it then thoroughly confusing part time Living people who write in Forums , as a simple example .Or , reversing it , people who are mentally half dead nearly all of their time .

A very innocent piece of sophistry for sophisticated games players wreaks havoc with the brains of simple and unsuspecting souls . Which unfortunately means a concentration of Extremist Republicans -- the type that need order , tidiness , regimentation and simple orders for them to imagine an understanding of life and also for them to have the necessary comfort of imagining a real and worthwhile purpose in their lives . Not something they enjoy being told about but the stark reality , nevertheless .
    Last edited by Carygrant; 09-23-2012 at 12:41 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Carygrant For This Useful Post:

Awryly (09-23-2012)

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassYour first Group10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Akula's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 786x in 577 Posts
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carygrant View Post

Understandably you have absolutely not a clue about what goes on politically here as exampled by your confusion....
    Same could be said about your constant anti american insults.

Americans have no sense of mature humour and because of their over literal nature tend to be gullible and unquestioning . As you know full well , the only real Forum driver is headless Americans running around making lots of noise but saying nothing of great import or interest .
    That's primarily their own problem but they are so noisy and self righteous that they become very irritating and an infernal nuisance . So never encourage them by using any sort of humour , however well intentioned . It just ends up zooming over their heads and confusing the poor dears even further .
    Substitute "brits" for "americans" above...

It is very easy to be hyper critical about team GB simply because we hand out free information for others to use against us , much as onlookers throw rice and confetti at a christian Wedding ( see Wikipedia if you have not heard of that old custom ).
    You might say that we are too honest and transparent for our good in the sense of it then thoroughly confusing part time Living people who write in Forums , as a simple example .Or , reversing it , people who are mentally half dead nearly all of their time .

A very innocent piece of sophistry for sophisticated games players wreaks havoc with the brains of simple and unsuspecting souls . Which unfortunately means a concentration of Extremist Republicans -- the type that need order , tidiness , regimentation and simple orders for them to imagine an understanding of life and also for them to have the necessary comfort of imagining a real and worthwhile purpose in their lives . Not something they enjoy being told about but the stark reality , nevertheless .

As usual you're very obviously projecting YOUR insecurities and shortcomings onto others. (in this forum it's america and americans you target)

We realize your uncertainty and self doubt makes you transfer your feelings of inadequacy to hypothetical strawmen (again;americans and america) so you can beat them up and make yourself feel better.

It IS funny to see you squirm and equivocate though, I have to admit.
    Last edited by Akula; 09-23-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akula View Post

Substitute "brits" for "americans" above...

As usual you're very obviously projecting YOUR insecurities and shortcomings onto others. (in this forum it's america and americans you target)

We realize your uncertainty and self doubt makes you transfer your feelings of inadequacy to hypothetical strawmen (again;americans and america) so you can beat them up and make yourself feel better.

It IS funny to see you squirm and equivocate though, I have to admit.

Don't be so insulting. The British taught you all you know.

Admittedly, that is not much.
    Last edited by Awryly; 09-23-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Anon. Very anon.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Awryly For This Useful Post:

Carygrant (09-23-2012)

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassYour first Group10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Akula's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 786x in 577 Posts
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awryly View Post
    Don't be so insulting. The British taught you all you know.

Admittedly, that is not much.
    sure..sure..whatever you say, son...

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sure..sure..whatever you say, son...
    Thank you, daddyo.

Anon. Very anon.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Carygrant's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 282x in 246 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Constant anti American insults indeed .
    I think you will find that one persons anti American insults are the rest of the world's healthy observation and advice .
    But , if like your compatriots , you bleat and whine the moment you are " brought up short " , I suppose you can find some solace that at least you can claim to be no worse than your victim brothers -- and a few sisters .
    Insults at a simple level --- as they are here --- consist of name calling within a maximum three sentence post which is when so many of you run out of words and thoughts , are getting tired and suffer from attention deficit .
    My so called insults are rarely of this type because my observations and remarks reflect consensus outside opinion . Thus , calling me stupid would be an insult because I am patently not , whereas the same name to a moron would not be an insult but a statement of fact , albeit a very insensitive one . And by the same token and talking broadly , saying it to an American is invariably self evidently true . It is not a real world insult .It just dents many American's arrogant and nonsensical view of how the real world is and where they fit in --- nowhere outside of their own country .Which is why your mightiness has created a zero Empire . Think of it . The mightiest nation ever in military and ego terms has not managed to successfully colonise anywhere on the planet . Texas and Hawaii being possible exceptions
    But the audience here , with the exception of one demented Canadian , is almost exclusively American . Whom should I usefully criticise ?
    In other circumstances I would home in on the Russian Federation and some of the ex Soviet satellite countries but we can't expect many Americans to have ventured that far .Let's face it , unless they are involved in a war or dying to join in one , American's interest of world matters for the vast majority is close to zero .
    My guess is that the so called Arab Spring led to an enormous increase in the sale of Atlases but a further and sudden upsurge in conflicts in the far east and north east could have devastating effects on the mental health of middle class America . Sarah Palin syndrome etc
    The rest of your post is mumbo jumbo , presumably based on two terms of picking up psychology jargon in a primer course .
    You must learn to distinguish between those that do seem aggressive for reasons of compensation et al , and those who simply express their strong opinions sharply and often with acerbic wit .
    But , nil desperandum . A jolly decent effort .
    Last edited by Carygrant; 09-24-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Constant anti American insults indeed .
    I think you will find that one persons anti American insults are the rest of the world's healthy observation and advice .
    But , if like your compatriots , you bleat and whine the moment you are " brought up short " , I suppose you can find some solace that at least you can claim to be no worse than your victim brothers -- and a few sisters .
    Insults at a simple level --- as they are here --- consist of name calling within a maximum three sentence post which is when so many of you run out of words and thoughts , are getting tired and suffer from attention deficit .
    My so called insults are rarely of this type because my observations and remarks reflect consensus outside opinion . Thus , calling me stupid would be an insult because I am patently not , whereas the same name to a moron would not be an insult but a statement of fact , albeit a very insensitive one . And by the same token and talking broadly , saying it to an American is invariably self evidently true . It is not a real world insult .It just dents many American's arrogant and nonsensical view of how the real world is and where they fit in --- nowhere outside of their own country .Which is why your mightiness has created a zero Empire . Think of it . The mightiest nation ever in military and ego terms has not managed to successfully colonise anywhere on the planet . Texas and Hawaii being possible exceptions
    But the audience here , with the exception of one demented Canadian , is almost exclusively American . Whom should I usefully criticise ?
    In other circumstances I would home in on the Russian Federation and some of the ex Soviet satellite countries but we can't expect many Americans to have ventured that far .Let's face it , unless they are involved in a war or dying to join in one , American's interest of world matters for the vast majority is close to zero .
    My guess is that the so called Arab Spring led to an enormous increase in the sale of Atlases but a further and sudden upsurge in conflicts in the far east and north east could have devastating effects on the mental health of middle class America . Sarah Palin syndrome etc
    The rest of your post is mumbo jumbo , presumably based on two terms of picking up psychology jargon in a primer course .
    You must learn to distinguish between those that do seem aggressive for reasons of compensation et al , and those who simply express their strong opinions sharply and often with acerbic wit .
    But , nil desperandum . A jolly decent effort .

I am not Canadian. Though I accept the appellation that precedes it.

Anon. Very anon.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Carygrant;137814]
    So if I am bored , should I sit down and make up a piece about Zealanders ?
    And tell the audience how even your wine has become as predictably boring as the people who live there ? Should we talk about a very small country whose only raison d'etre is to play rugby ?
    However , playing your light hearted game just a little :-
    OK. Let's play........

Clearly, you have drunk far too much New Zealand wine and are projecting your ennui with a product you seem to have drunk quite a lot of onto the inhabitants of these our shaky isles and their excellent vintners. Try a Chateau Duhart Milon 2007 if you can get past the offence it creates by being French and thus also likely to be overly cheeky.

I think you will find all middle incomes will drop in all developed countries, plus most of the remaining places , in the next decade . And because of run away contagion , no major player will be exempt , regardless of any action taken after the horse has bolted and is already seven leagues away .
    There could even be a more fundamental class shift to an even greater divide between the "Haves " and " Have nots" .
    Understandably you have absolutely not a clue about what goes on politically here as exampled by your confusion of PMs into one continuing trend or serial movement . I appreciate you are just pulling people's legs but it is dangerous for these reasons
    1.It is a long long way from reality .
    This is a common tactic the “haves” trot out to justify not being subjected to the inconvenience of becoming ”haves-not-as-much”; and nationals trot out to being exempt from criticism by outsiders. Americans use it a lot.

2. Americans have no sense of mature humour and because of their over literal nature tend to be gullible and unquestioning . As you know full well , the only real Forum driver is headless Americans running around making lots of noise but saying nothing of great import or interest .
    For a people who (say) they invented the smart bomb, one would think they had a more refined sense of humour than electing G W Bush to two terms as their president. Though undeniably funny in a Faustian sort of way, I admit it did lack subtlety. However, they do have outliers, especially in matters satirical. I suspect Obama would be one of these were he not in the unhappy position of having to run their country.

3.It is very easy to be hyper critical about team GB simply because we hand out free information for others to use against us , much as onlookers throw rice and confetti at a christian Wedding ( see Wikipedia if you have not heard of that old custom ).
    I see. How long were the Libor and other banking fiascos hidden? Or the News International/media/police/cosy politicians farce? Your “transparency” seems to be delivered primarily by a single newspaper (the Guardian) that loses money. And not so much by a government that does not want to lose votes.

A very innocent piece of sophistry for sophisticated games players wreaks havoc with the brains of simple and unsuspecting souls . Which unfortunately means a concentration of Extremist Republicans -- the type that need order , tidiness , regimentation and simple orders for them to imagine an understanding of life and also for them to have the necessary comfort of imagining a real and worthwhile purpose in their lives . Not something they enjoy being told about but the stark reality , nevertheless

Americans live to live the American dream. Alas, without knowing it, they are living the Chinese dream.
    Last edited by Awryly; 09-23-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Anon. Very anon.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    URF8's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 301x in 222 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awryly View Post
    ...along the lines of the TV series Little Britain.

The place is a disaster zone. It's even running out of water.

And, in the long line of rightwing American poodles that have "led" it into one disaster after another, its current Thatcher/Blair clone, David Cameron, is continuing the struggle to make his rich richer. Even the Scots are getting pissed off and want to leave this "greatness" behind them.

The British are herd animals. They don't need a makeover. They need a miracle.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to URF8 For This Useful Post:

Canadianeye (10-31-2012),Larry Dickman (11-01-2012)

+ Reply to Thread