User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trump campaign to file Chapter Eleven, seeking protection from creditors

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cigar's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,276x in 9,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool Trump campaign to file Chapter Eleven, seeking protection from creditors

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, good for the economy evidently....

'Murica.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,069
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    AZ Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,319x in 2,953 Posts
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Trump is saying of his bankruptcies is "those were not PERSONAL bankruptcies, they were businesses I mismanaged." Ok, so in other words you skated free, lost nothing but the little people in those companies, the worker bees lost their jobs and in many cases their pensions (which the government had to make good through the PBGC). But, you fools don't care about looking into those little details.

PBGC is a federal agency created by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) to protect pension benefits in private-sector defined benefit plans - the kind that typically pay a set monthly amount at retirement. If your plan ends (this is called "plan termination") without sufficient money to pay all benefits, PBGC's insurance program will pay you the benefit provided by your pension plan up to the limits set by law. (Most people receive the full benefit they had earned before the plan terminated.) Our financing comes from insurance premiums paid by companies whose plans we protect, from our investments, from the assets of pension plans that we take over as trustee, and from recoveries from the companies formerly responsible for the plans, but not from taxes. Your plan is insured even if your employer fails to pay the required premiums.
    Last edited by AZ Jim; 05-31-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 2,058
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    OGIS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,647x in 2,130 Posts
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jim View Post
    What Trump is saying of his bankruptcies is "those were not PERSONAL bankruptcies, they were businesses I mismanaged." Ok, so in other words you skated free, lost nothing but the little people in those companies, the worker bees lost their jobs and in many cases their pensions (which the government had to make good through the PBGC). But, you fools don't care about looking into those little details.
    This frankly sounds a bit like people complaining about how Walmart doesn't pay their workers a living wage... but ignoring every other retail outlet business in the country, big and small, that does precisely the same thing. Chapter 7 and 11 BKs are a standard part of the American business landscape, and have been for decades. And abuse of it has been a systemic problem.

Part of that abuse is when financially-interested CEOs manipulate a Chapter 11 BK (court-protected breathing space and reorganization, often with partial debt write-down) into a Chapter 7 BK (corporation is dissolved, creditors and employees get screwed, and the owners walk away with either golden parachutes or the financial means to set up another such sting. And it is totally legal, trust me on that. I'm been involved in a couple of those, and I'm not proud of it.

Trump has had four business BKs. As I recall, they are all Chapter 11s. So, within the context of the lesser of two evils, point for Trump. If he was Evil he could have arranged to torpedo the firms and pocket hidden millions (though he could have also done quite well under the terms of an 11).

Questions:
    - How many separate companies does Trump own?
    - What is the percentage of those four BKs to that number?
    - How does that percentage compare to similar business ventures?

These are, I think, the reasonable questions to make regarding the Trump bankruptcies.
    Wearing a mask with your nose sticking out is like wearing a condom on your testicles.

When out walking, look out for PROBlems. You know: maskless Plague Rats On Bicycles who blow past you without giving you time to get out of the way.

Ah, CONServatives, the Masters of Projection (MOPs). With CONServatives, every accusation is a confession. Weird, that.

............Oh, what fresh hell is this?
    ,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯
    ....... Not my circus, not my monkeys

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OGIS For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (05-31-2016),Peter1469 (05-31-2016)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,369x in 94,864 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jim View Post

PBGC is a federal agency created by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) to protect pension benefits in private-sector defined benefit plans - the kind that typically pay a set monthly amount at retirement. If your plan ends (this is called "plan termination") without sufficient money to pay all benefits, PBGC's insurance program will pay you the benefit provided by your pension plan up to the limits set by law. (Most people receive the full benefit they had earned before the plan terminated.) Our financing comes from insurance premiums paid by companies whose plans we protect, from our investments, from the assets of pension plans that we take over as trustee, and from recoveries from the companies formerly responsible for the plans, but not from taxes. Your plan is insured even if your employer fails to pay the required premiums.
    The PBGC is going broke. But even in the past if your company pushed its pension there you took a big hit. I posted a thread on this last night.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread