Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 459x in 307 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Console Gaming Considers Suicide

Well, we've all heard the rumors about how they're going to put something into the next generation of your fav gaming system or embed something in the games themselves that will rule out any play of the game on any console other than the one it was originally installed on.
    But those are just rumor...right?
    Well here are some predictions to what we might expect as well as my own predictions as to what Sony and MS are clearly too stupid to anticipate should they follow through with some of this crap.

20 Predictions For Next Gen Console Gaming

I promise on all you consider holy that I WILL NEVER buy another $400, $300 or even a used $200 and under console for my kids knowing I'll then be expected to purchase an additional license in order to make any use of used games. That would be like buying a used car and then having to call the manufacturer and pay them to tell you how to start it. $#@! THAT!!! If this is what things are coming to, and despite recent attempts to play down the rumors there are enough rumors to convince me that it is, my kids and I will be playing PS3 long after Sony is DED.
    Here's a crazy idea, don't be in such a hurry to get at your customer bases wallets that you release your product 2 years before it's ready! I've purchased 4 if not 5 PS3 consoles, all of them brand new, two of them within the same year and the cheapest one was the last one which was still north of $300.

Where is the OWS crowd over this? These $#@!s' profit margins DWARF those of the "evil oil companies" and now they're inventing new ways to $#@! the consumer? Let me be clear, once you lose me as a customer you can't possibly stroke me enough to get me back.
    Conspire to rob me at your own risk!
    The fundamental difference between conservatives and liberals is simple.
    Conservatives, like our founders, understand that man has a propensity to do evil. They accept this fact of human nature and have given us the tools to protect ourselves from those who might victimize us.
    Liberals believe that under the right mandates, restrictions and incentives all that potential evil can be bred out of humanity.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IGetItAlready For This Useful Post:

MMC (09-24-2012)

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,200
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Goldie Locks's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,100x in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only play when my grandson is here, but it certainly sounds like the consumer will be getting screwed here.
    Didn't you say you test beta games???

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    IGetItAlready's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 459x in 307 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No that was Fear's new friend Oceanlover. I too was thinking of her when I posted as I'm not a "professional" gamer by any means and I'd like to hear what hardcore gamers think of this nonsense.
    The fundamental difference between conservatives and liberals is simple.
    Conservatives, like our founders, understand that man has a propensity to do evil. They accept this fact of human nature and have given us the tools to protect ourselves from those who might victimize us.
    Liberals believe that under the right mandates, restrictions and incentives all that potential evil can be bred out of humanity.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,200
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Goldie Locks's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,100x in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IGetItAlready View Post
    No that was Fear's new friend Oceanlover. I too was thinking of her when I posted as I'm not a "professional" gamer by any means and I'd like to hear what hardcore gamers think of this nonsense.
    You're right...sorry. Yes, I would like to hear what she has to say about this.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought they were going to go with a TV that had the console built already in?
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread