Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,310x in 8,305 Posts
    Mentioned
    669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bernie is the most popular VP pick for Hillary

By a longshot actually with Warren coming in a distant second. But we all know Bernie won't happen - they don't like each other much.

We also know from history that the VP selection is normally only good for winning a specific state or two and has rarely if ever been the deciding factor.

While they lack name recognition, the only way i vote for Hilly is if she picks somebody younger and awesome like Julian Castro or Amy Klobuchar.

She needs the youth and someone cooler than herself to attract the younger voters - both would be awesome campaigners.

Keep Warren in the bullpen as the lead Trump attack dog.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...1tac1tqjafko6r

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id bet 25,000 Hillary does not choose bernie. Hes too honest to be around Hillary and learn the truth.

Just like Obama picked a lackey for VP, so will Hillary
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,533x in 94,963 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bern it down.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,354
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,721x in 4,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bo-4 wrote:
    While they lack name recognition, the only way i vote for Hilly is if she picks somebody younger and awesome like Julian Castro or Amy Klobuchar.
    Gross! For the taste of this Sanders voter, it had better be (and thankfully probably will be) someone like Elizabeth Warren or Sherrod Brown or else I reserve the right to vote for Jill Stein of the Green Party in protest. Fortunately though, all indications are that it will be Warren. The Clinton campaign is transparently raising the hopes of the left that it will be Warren in numerous ways, perhaps the most direct of which is Clinton's decision to host a joint campaign event with Warren tomorrow. No word on any planned joint campaign events with the other ostensible VP prospects!

I would respect Hillary Clinton more if she picked Elizabeth Warren because doing so would dry up Clinton's Wall Street donor base. In fact, her Wall Street donors are already openly threatening to abandon her if (...okay, at this point it's really more like WHEN) she does. GOOD, I say! That would prove that she's serious about cracking down on the financial oligarchs that pretty much run the world right now. I don't think I'll trust her on that crucial matter if she chooses someone less progressive. I say it's high time to leave Wall Street and corporate interests out in the cold, saddled with someone like Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party, and thus transform the Democratic Party into an authentically populist institution that specifically represents poor and working class people again!

Incidentally, some of you may recall that even before this campaign began, I predicted that if Hillary Clinton ran and was nominated, she would be forced to run a relatively populist, anti-corporate campaign. Being as it now very clearly appears that that's where this is headed, I will now accept the apologies of those who denied my foresight on that. Hell, some of you back then even predicted that Clinton wouldn't run at all!
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 06-26-2016 at 11:47 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Bo-4 (06-26-2016),Peter1469 (06-26-2016)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,533x in 94,963 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,704
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,310x in 8,305 Posts
    Mentioned
    669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    Gross! For the taste of this Sanders voter, it had better be (and thankfully probably will be) someone like Elizabeth Warren or Sherrod Brown or else I reserve the right to vote for Jill Stein of the Green Party in protest. Fortunately though, all indications are that it will be Warren. The Clinton campaign is transparently raising the hopes of the left that it will be Warren in numerous ways, perhaps the most direct of which is Clinton's decision to host a joint campaign event with Warren tomorrow. No word on any planned joint campaign events with the other ostensible VP prospects!

I would respect Hillary Clinton more if she picked Elizabeth Warren because doing so would dry up Clinton's Wall Street donor base. In fact, her Wall Street donors are already openly threatening to abandon her if (...okay, at this point it's really more like WHEN) she does. GOOD, I say! That would prove that she's serious about cracking down on the financial oligarchs that pretty much run the world right now. I don't think I'll trust her on that crucial matter if she chooses someone less progressive. I say it's high time to leave Wall Street and corporate interests out in the cold, saddled with someone like Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party, and thus transform the Democratic Party into an authentically populist institution that represents working class people again!

Incidentally, some of you may recall that even before this campaign began, I predicted that if Hillary Clinton ran and was nominated, she would be forced to run a relatively populist, anti-corporate campaign. Being as it now very clearly appears that that's where this is headed, I will now accept the apologies of those who denied my foresight on that. Hell, some of you back then even predicted that Clinton wouldn't run at all!
    Solid analysis Polly. THREE (thanks Crep) things turn me off about Hillary - a) her Wall Street connections, b) she's never met an interventionist war she didn't love and c) i don't trust her completely.

Unless she picks somebody awesome, i'll go with Stein or Johnson .. not because i think either could win, but purely as protest.

Warren would indeed go a long way to tamping down all three of my issues with Hillary, but i also like the youth angle with Castro.

He's pretty awesome:

Last edited by Bo-4; 06-26-2016 at 12:14 PM.

Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,513x in 55,039 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    By a longshot actually with Warren coming in a distant second. But we all know Bernie won't happen - they don't like each other much.

We also know from history that the VP selection is normally only good for winning a specific state or two and has rarely if ever been the deciding factor.

She needs the youth and someone cooler than herself to attract the younger voters - both would be awesome campaigners.

Keep Warren in the bullpen as the lead Trump attack dog.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...1tac1tqjafko6r

Not because they dislike each other but because their political positions and personal temperaments are diametrically opposed she will not pick him.

Castro is a possibility I hear. I didn't realize he was known outside San Antonio.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,354
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,721x in 4,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone explain to me exactly what the "Pocahontas" nonsense concerning Elizabeth Warren is about? I mean you do realize that Warren does in fact have Native American ancestry, right? So what's the issue here? That she has some Native American blood in her? It all comes across as very racist, and not only to me, but, if you pay attention, also to Native Americans very broadly.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,440x in 9,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    Solid analysis Polly. Two things turn me off about Hillary - a) her Wall Street connections, b) she's never met an interventionist war she didn't love and c) i don't trust her completely.

Unless she picks somebody awesome, i'll go with Stein or Johnson .. not because i think either could win, but purely as protest.

Warren would indeed go a long way to tamping down all three of my issues with Hillary, but i also like the youth angle with Castro.

He's pretty awesome:

That's three things.....
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Crepitus For This Useful Post:

Bo-4 (06-26-2016)

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,440x in 9,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Christ himself could come down from on high with the Holy Ghost riding on his shoulder and volunteer to be her VP and I still ain't votin' for her.
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Crepitus For This Useful Post:

Green Arrow (06-26-2016)

+ Reply to Thread