User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: de Blasio’s social media director suddenly quits, slams office full of ‘political hac

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

de Blasio’s social media director suddenly quits, slams office full of ‘political hac

Mayor de Blasio’s social media director suddenly quits, slams office full of ‘political hacks plus a boss who just couldn’t get it’ on Facebook

Here’s one Facebook post Mayor de Blasio won’t like.
    Hizzoner’s social media director quit after just eight weeks in the gig, then took to Facebook to say he left for his “sanity” because he hated working in an office with “political hacks plus a boss who just couldn't get it."
    Scott Kleinberg, 43, had previously worked as social media director for The Chicago Tribune, and moved to New York to work for de Blasio.
    He was so excited to start managing the mayor’s social media accounts that he brought a bunch of pillows with logos from sites like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to City Hall from Chicago when he began, sources said.

They said he was well-liked and gave no indication he was deeply unhappy — until he quit on Saturday in a huff.
    On Tuesday, he took to his favorite medium to blast the mayor’s office.
    “I moved to NYC for a dream job and that's not what I got. I tried to stick it out, but it was impossible. I don't even know the word quit, but for the sake of my health and my sanity, I decided I needed to do just that,” he wrote on a Facebook rant that was first reported by DNAInfo.com.
    As of Wednesday, the post garnered over 170 likes from his nearly 25,000 Facebook pals.

One friend said he didn’t think Kleinberg could work in a “sea of cut-throat political hacks.”
    Kleinberg agreed, responding, "I ended up with political hacks plus a boss who just couldn't get it. It was a bad combination for sure."
    He also complained about people watching over his shoulder.
    “I couldn't post anything without getting it approved,” he griped on Facebook.
    It’s unclear who is the bad boss he’s referring to.
    De Blasio has a rep as a major micromanager, but Kleinberg reported directly to Rob Bennett, the head of creative communications.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2693215
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (06-29-2016)

+ Reply to Thread