Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The GOP attitude I cant stand

Theres two different issues in this article. This disgusting republican rep that responded to a woman asking for help like he did and the womans problem itself.

This Republicans response to a woman asking for help is beyond heartless and dispicable

Lets not forget however, the womans problem getting supplies is because of OBAMACARE and the growing legion of medical suppliers and health care professionals that wont take medicaid and the list is growing.

A Mississippi lawmaker told a woman Tuesday she should earn money for the insulin pump supplies that her 8-year-old daughter needs to survive instead of asking the for help.

Nicole Nichols told The Clarion-Ledger she was “flabbergasted” by the email from state Rep. Jeffrey Guice, R-Ocean Springs.
    Nichols said she emailed all 122 state representatives after calling 23 suppliers without finding one covered by Medicaid and in the approved network for the Medicaid-covered supply company she has used for the last three years.
    She wrote, "Is there someone in the legislature that can and will help these children stay healthy? They must have these medications and supplies which administer the medications to stay healthy and, quite honestly, alive!"
    Guice's response, which Nichols posted on her Facebook page, said, "I am sorry for your problem. Have you thought about buying the supplies with money that you earn?"

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/0...l?intcmp=hpbt4
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (06-30-2016)

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    PolWatch's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 25,148x in 15,266 Posts
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not surprised. I have a family member that has a child born with spinal bifida. The father was a local cop that worked multiple jobs and had the best insurance available. Family & friends kept a fund going to buy the child leg braces so she could walk. They were not covered by insurance and were very expensive....children outgrow things like this. They received similar responses when they checked on receiving any kind of state sponsored aid for this child. The good news? The child was able to walk, ride a bike & live an almost normal life. She's now a beautiful 30 year old woman....no thanks to any government agency.
    Through all of our running and all of our cunning, if we couldn't laugh we just would go insane. - Jimmy Buffett

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PolWatch For This Useful Post:

AeonPax (06-30-2016),donttread (06-30-2016),gamewell45 (06-30-2016)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PolWatch View Post
    I'm not surprised. I have a family member that has a child born with spinal bifida. The father was a local cop that worked multiple jobs and had the best insurance available. Family & friends kept a fund going to buy the child leg braces so she could walk. They were not covered by insurance and were very expensive....children outgrow things like this. They received similar responses when they checked on receiving any kind of state sponsored aid for this child. The good news? The child was able to walk, ride a bike & live an almost normal life. She's now a beautiful 30 year old woman....no thanks to any government agency.
    Before Obamacare, medicaid covered EVERYTHING, it covered more than the best cadillac health plans.
    It covered full dental and hearing aids. Since Obamacare the list of covered by medicaid has dwindled to the point this woman cant get diabetic necessities for her daughter.

Obamacare which I supported needs to be scrapped. I went to my family doctor for a routine blood test checkup on the 28th, theres a list of 14 insurances she does not take any longer, it just keeps growing. Plus shes taking no new patients.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Before Obamacare, medicaid covered EVERYTHING, it covered more than the best cadillac health plans.
    It covered full dental and hearing aids. Since Obamacare the list of covered by medicaid has dwindled to the point this woman cant get diabetic necessities for her daughter.

Obamacare which I supported needs to be scrapped. I went to my family doctor for a routine blood test checkup on the 28th, theres a list of 14 insurances she does not take any longer, it just keeps growing. Plus shes taking no new patients.

um...I don't know if that is really accurate...

No part of Medicare pays for all of a beneficiary's covered medical costs and many costs are not covered at all. The program contains premiums, deductibles and coinsurance, which the covered individual must pay out-of-pocket. A study published by the Kaiser Family Foundation in 2008 found the Fee-for-Service Medicare benefit package was less generous than either the typical large employer Preferred provider organization plan or the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program Standard Option.[41] Some people may qualify to have other governmental programs (such as Medicaid) pay premiums and some or all of the costs associated with Medicare.
    2008 was 2 years before ACA.
    Last edited by Safety; 06-30-2016 at 07:26 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats medicare youi posted, not talking about medicare, MEDICAID, medicaid always paid for more than medicare with no deductibles or copays.
    Medicare never covered, dental or hearing aids or other devices and it always had copays and deductibles
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Truth Detector (06-30-2016)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Truth Detector's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,161x in 1,846 Posts
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres two different issues in this article. This disgusting republican rep that responded to a woman asking for help like he did and the womans problem itself.

This Republicans response to a woman asking for help is beyond heartless and dispicable

Lets not forget however, the womans problem getting supplies is because of OBAMACARE and the growing legion of medical suppliers and health care professionals that wont take medicaid and the list is growing.

A Mississippi lawmaker told a woman Tuesday she should earn money for the insulin pump supplies that her 8-year-old daughter needs to survive instead of asking the for help.

Nicole Nichols told The Clarion-Ledger she was “flabbergasted” by the email from state Rep. Jeffrey Guice, R-Ocean Springs.
    Nichols said she emailed all 122 state representatives after calling 23 suppliers without finding one covered by Medicaid and in the approved network for the Medicaid-covered supply company she has used for the last three years.
    She wrote, "Is there someone in the legislature that can and will help these children stay healthy? They must have these medications and supplies which administer the medications to stay healthy and, quite honestly, alive!"
    Guice's response, which Nichols posted on her Facebook page, said, "I am sorry for your problem. Have you thought about buying the supplies with money that you earn?"

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/0...l?intcmp=hpbt4
    I think the MUCH bigger story is this: Nichols emailed all 122 state representatives after calling 23 suppliers without finding one covered by Medicaid and in the approved network for the Medicaid-covered supply company she has used for the last three years.

Translation; Obamacare sucks!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PolWatch View Post
    ^Another example of the massive failure Obamacare has been?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I think the MUCH bigger story is this: Nichols emailed all 122 state representatives after calling 23 suppliers without finding one covered by Medicaid and in the approved network for the Medicaid-covered supply company she has used for the last three years.

Translation; Obamacare sucks!
    I agree obamacare is a fail but the story here is that POS rep was a heartless $#@!
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

AeonPax (06-30-2016)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep; you were not alone. Many gulped that Obama Kool-Aid and lies.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree obamacare is a fail but the story here is that POS rep was a heartless $#@!
    There are heartless POS reps everywhere, even those like Obama who claim they care. The much bigger story is the FACT that something Nicoles could get BEFORE Obamacare is now impossible for her to get.

The even BIGGER story here is that if the POS Reps just stayed out of the cradle to grave Government nanny statism they practice in order to stay elected, we would probably ALL be a lot better off.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread