Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    He abandoned the middle class in favor of identity politics. That was bad enough.

He approved our intelligence agencies to spy on a political opponent and then to attempt to unset him in a soft coup. That is unprecedented in US politics.
    Take those two things away, and all Obama was as president was mediocre.
    Your first comment has nothing to do with the military and personally it makers no sense to me. Show me.

Your second comment needs substantiation, as it too sounds like right wing fake news. Please provide links and proof.

But then a military family member born overseas is no longer a citizen - You can't be serious, you are are giving up your right to call yourselves Americans with this adulation of a draft dodger and liar. And I can prove those statements.

And Lummy please look up metaphor and in this case the meaning is clear.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,592x in 94,421 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Your first comment has nothing to do with the military and personally it makers no sense to me. Show me.
    No I did not say it related to the military. It did relate to the loss in 2016. Identity politics turns off people across the nation.

Your second comment needs substantiation, as it too sounds like right wing fake news. Please provide links and proof.
    We have had numerous threads over the last 2-3 years on the topic. There are no counter-intelligence investigations where American citizens are involved that do no have presidential approval. John Solomon and Real Clear Investigations have the more in-depth coverage.

But then a military family member born overseas is no longer a citizen - You can't be serious, you are are giving up your right to call yourselves Americans with this adulation of a draft dodger and liar. And I can prove those statements.
    I made no comment on that.
    And Lummy please look up metaphor and in this case the meaning is clear.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,132
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,383x in 15,850 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't prove the statement you just made in bold letters because it is false.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do veterans support Trump? Do they really think he will change the republican party's policies? Trump like so many republicans was a draft dodger. Lots of men were, I've only met one in my life who was honest and admitted getting a exemption. And while the lower classes served, the upper classes hide. And face it folks, bringing back the draft would create more crying than a Dear John. When Trump beats his chest like some superman, I have to laugh, when he had the chance to serve he too hide. So why the support? And this question is about policy, not the usual equivalency apologetic rebuttal.

http://usuncut.com/politics/happy-ve...ewed-veterans/

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/05/...-business.html

http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politic...ervice-images/

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/v...tion/71312038/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/01/politi...rans-benefits/

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/11/...-veterans.html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/1...rting-veterans

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home -but not for housing. They are strong for labor - but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage - the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all - but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine - for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing - but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing - so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it." Harry S. Truman

You ask veterans a lot of questions in this thread, many of which I would like to answer.
    I feel the way you posed the questions, they are not really questions but statements designed to back up your one-dimensional hatred of Trump.
    Your questions read more like opinionated statements than actual questions.
    Then you answer those same questions in your links.
    So why even ask them?
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 08-29-2019 at 04:13 PM.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No substantive replies / answers, as is always the case. What the Trump administration is doing to veterans and their children is a disgrace to those who served our nation - unlike him. And 'hate' like 'identity politics' and other loaded words are just words, they have no meaning or value outside of the political in-crowd that uses them. They come to serve as thought but mean nothing outside the group.

"The main hypothesis concerning group-think is this: the more amiability and espirt de corps among the members of an in-group of policymakers the greater the danger that independent critical thinking will be replaced by groupthink, which is likely to result in irrational and the dehumanizing actions directed at out-groups." Irving L. Janis in 'Sanctions for Evil'

PS The links are substantive replies and analysis. Read them as they constitute evidence.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No substantive replies / answers, as is always the case. What the Trump administration is doing to veterans and their children is a disgrace to those who served our nation - unlike him. And 'hate' like 'identity politics' and other loaded words are just words, they have no meaning or value outside of the political in-crowd that uses them. They come to serve as thought but mean nothing outside the group.

"The main hypothesis concerning group-think is this: the more amiability and espirt de corps among the members of an in-group of policymakers the greater the danger that independent critical thinking will be replaced by groupthink, which is likely to result in irrational and the dehumanizing actions directed at out-groups." Irving L. Janis in 'Sanctions for Evil'

PS The links are substantive replies and analysis. Read them as they constitute evidence.
    Like I said, you already had answers to your questions in the links.
    So why bother asking the questions?
    It is because they were not really questions but statements you have already provided answers to.

But....you are very correct in one thing. It was Trump's administration who kicked me to the curb and told me the VA would no longer provide medication for our long-term pain and injuries.
    The VA, under his administration, told us to use acupuncture and massage to manage our long-term pain and injuries for being blown apart.
    Kicking us off our pain meds cold turkey.

Anyone with even the most basic of medical training knows you can not take a patient from 90mg of Morphine a day down to zero in 30 days or less.
    It will kill them.

I think that was their intent as a cost-saving measure.
    Dead = no disability checks.

Fortunately, us vets can think for ourselves, and improvise, adapt, and overcome.
    ...and NEVER put any faith in the damb government for our welfare and life.

We know these people and they are immoral and unforgivable.

Liberals who look to the government for all the answers need to learn a lesson from our experiences.
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 08-30-2019 at 06:13 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (08-30-2019)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today only some small fraction of 10% of the military -- I'm going to guess it's less than 1% -- are ever actually in harm's way. These very few people carry on their noble reputations the rest ot their comrades, being the lion share of Defense Dept personnel.

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post
    But....you are very correct in one thing. It was Trump's administration who kicked me to the curb and told me the VA would no longer provide medication for our long-term pain and injuries.
    The VA, under his administration, told us to use acupuncture and massage to manage our long-term pain and injuries for being blown apart.
    Kicking us off our pain meds cold turkey.

Anyone with even the most basic of medical training knows you can not take a patient from 90mg of Morphine a day down to zero in 30 days or less.
    It will kill them.
    I think that was their intent as a cost-saving measure.
    Dead = no disability checks.
    I am not speaking to your specific case, so don't get all bent out of shape, but the reality is that most people who are on long term opiod intake for pain don't need it and would be better off without it. They just don't want to go through the withdrawal.

The timetable for safely tapering someone off Morphine is to start at whatever the patient's standard dose rate it and decrease it 20% to 50% a DAY (the best rate varies due to a number of factors) until you get him down to 45mg a day. Once you get him to 45mg, you decrease the dose rate by 15mg a day every 2-5 days. Working from that timetable, it should take less than a week to detox someone from a 90mg a day habit.

Going from 90mg a day to zero in 30 days should pose no health risk for most people. It won't be comfortable for them, but in the long term, kicking that addiction, and that is what it is, is much better for them. The VA should be commended for doing it whenever possible.
    Last edited by Cletus; 09-09-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (09-09-2019)

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No substantive replies / answers, as is always the case.

As I pointed out, your statement about the children of military personnel born overseas is completely false. To date, you have not issued a self correction.

Why should anything else you say be given even the slightest amount of consideration?

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a wonderful book by Stanley Fish on argument and the endless circles they go in. But there is a truth and a reality and some for whatever reason ignore it. More reality below. Feel free to equivocate but the school will still not be.

Cadet Bone Spurs strikes again.

"New schools, dining halls, a new fire station and a rescue station are just some of the projects that military members and their families will not see on bases around the world as money is reappropriated from them to fund construction of the United States' border wall."

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...-funds-1457962

Missing in action again.

"As lawmakers and community leaders reeled at two mass shootings that claimed 29 lives in 24 hours, President Donald Trump stayed out of the spotlight and kept his summer vacation going at his New Jersey golf club."

https://www.insider.com/trump-pictur...ootings-2019-8

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H. L. Mencken

+ Reply to Thread