Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,418x in 2,826 Posts
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Other Discussion is for serious discussion of opinions, Krugman's, yours, mine, etc. With that in mind, my question to you was not would you repeat your opinion but why do you hold that opinion. What is the basis of your opinion?
    I base my opinion on history or lack there of; The so called Apocalyptic Fiscal Cliff is nothing more than hysterics. Personally, I think the Bush Tax Cuts should have expired when the Republicans first agreed to the expiration date during the Bush Administration; and they should have been held to that date. This is all scare tactics and Obama should start staring the Children down and sending to bed without dinner.

Since when did the Power of Government loose the ability of revenue generation?
    Conservatism is the fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is your inferior is being treated as your equal"

con·serv·a·tive ; kənˈsərvətiv / adjective

1. holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,021
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registeredTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,541x in 1,258 Posts
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the Bush tax cuts were abused and the IRS ignored it. I was for the child tax credit until we ended up in debt because they didn't watch to see if these children existed. Some of these people made money enough to buy or put down a nice payment on cars. They laugh at the law-biding citizens, I knew a man boasting he claimed 12 children in another country and a wife he was supporting and he wasn't even married or had any children. I just wonder how many did this.

V.I.P
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,333
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    KC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,935x in 2,752 Posts
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    When I'm having a discussion with anyone, I'm usually rendering an opinion, unless I am uniquely qualified in the subject.

I'm not going to change my opinion on the Fiscal Cliff ... we'll all be able to see the facts of the outcome next year.
    No issue with that here. Opinions are welcome, politics isn't an exact science after all.

On the other hand, if you are going to defend your opinion, in these forums you are expected to make a serious reply, not a diversion or ad hominem.

Im glad you will stick to your guns on this issue. We need more disagreement.
    Life is too short to refrain from eating jam out of the jar... life is too short to make toast, or use spoons or napkins. - John Darnielle

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Cigar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,418x in 2,826 Posts
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathaariancode View Post
    No issue with that here. Opinions are welcome, politics isn't an exact science after all.

On the other hand, if you are going to defend your opinion, in these forums you are expected to make a serious reply, not a diversion or ad hominem.

Im glad you will stick to your guns on this issue. We need more disagreement.
    OK ... Will do ...
    Conservatism is the fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is your inferior is being treated as your equal"

con·serv·a·tive ; kənˈsərvətiv / adjective

1. holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.

+ Reply to Thread